|Creator:||Rockne S. O'Bannon|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The series follows the adventures of the high-tech submarine seaQuest operated by the United Earth Oceans Organization (UEO), a global federation of nations, similar to the United Nations, which was created following a major showdown of nations that occurred circa 2017. Initially, the show centered on the dynamics of the crew and its interactions with the various colonies it visited; later, the sci-fi aspects of the show were more emphasized.
By the end of the first season, zines were being produced for the fandom. The fandom as a whole suffered from the various shifts in the show's production, including recasting in the second season and the completely revamped (and retitled) third season.
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- ELF (Evil Lucas Fic) - Stories in which Lucas Wolenczak, the show's resident boy genius, experiences an extreme level of mental anguish and physical hurt. See also whump, angst.
- Bridger's Fleet
- Bridger's Folly
- The Captain's Table (gen & het)
- Darwin's Log
- Depth Charge (one issue)
- Fish Tales
- Latitude: Twenty Degrees North
- Mindshadows, is the novel that makes up issue #2 of The Agony Column
- New Atlantis
- Pacific Blue (gen & het)
- Rhyme of the Studdley Mariner (Brody-centric)
- SeaQuest Chronicles
- A Serpent's Tooth
- Stronger Than Faith
- Tales of the Back Nine
- Marianne´s seaQuest FanFic Archive Heaven http://lavender.fortunecity.com/loxwood/604/seaquest/sqdsv.html (not archived in the WayBack machine). Featuring fiction by Michelle Vincenti, Jessi Albano and Quill)