|Publisher:||Rainbow Dragon Press & Fruit Press/Wayward Press|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fruit Cocktail is a slash anthology.
From a description in On the Double #25: "Multi-media 'slash'. Stories, poetry, artwork need to contain at least three references to fruit. It's easy folks, just use your imagination!"
A fan in 1992 recommended them for their art: "... 2-3 Suzan Lovett plates per zine!" 
From a description in On the Double #34: "Another collection of multi-media 'fruit stories'. Stories must contain fruit (in addition to the two-legged kind!)"
A July 1993 ad in GAZ called it "unpretentious fun."
Fruit Cocktail 1 was published in May 1991 and is 68 pages long. Its subtitle is, "Harry and Johnny's Fruit of the Month Club." It is a nod to the company, "Harry and David" and a pun on names and slang.
- Street Hearts by London Fogg (Professionals) (3 pages)
- Dessert First by Prunella (Professionals) (2 pages)
- The Ivy and the Vine by Rachel Duncan (Professionals) (2 pages)
- Make It So (Miami Vice) (1 page)
- Peaches and Cream (Miami Vice) (2 pages)
- Rough Travels (Riptide) (4 pages)
- Secret Rendezvous (Riptide) (1 page)
- Going For the Silver by Ruth Kurz (Harry and Johnny) (1 page)
- An Apple a Day by Ruth Kurz (Harry and Johnny) (1 page)
- Forbidden Fruit, part one and two (Man from UNCLE) (12 pages)
- I Left My Heart at Gulls Way (Hardcastle and McCormick/Harry and Johnny crossover) (2 pages)
- I Dreamed Last Night by Isis, has a Suzan Lovett illustration (Blake's 7) (13 pages) (reprinted in The Big B7 Zine)
- It's All in Your Mind, Judge by Unknown (Hardcastle and McCormick) (3 pages)
- Fruity Memories by Robbie Starsky and Hutch (4 pages)
- Changeling (Star Trek: TNG) (4 pages)
- Lemon Aide (Vas & Dex) (2 pages)
- Just Filling in Time (Magnum P.I.) (1 page)
- Rest Period (Hill Street Blues) (2 pages)
- Fruit and Nuts (Simon and Simon) (3 pages)
- Time Out (V) (2 pages)
Fruit Cocktail 2 was published in 1992 and is 118 pages long. It has the subtitle: A Second Helping.
- Enough (Quantum Leap) 4 pages)
- Aloha-Oy! by Robyn LaSalle (21 Jump Street) (5 pages)
- Revelations (Man From U.N.C.L.E.) (37 pages)
- A Whale Of A Tale (Hardcastle & McCormick/Harry and Johnny) (11 pages)
- Sweet Sticky Ricky (Simon and Simon) (3 pages)
- Open All Night (Quantum Leap) (2 pages)
- Aftermath--Escape From New York: A New Beginning (Escape From New York) (8 pages)
- The Last Echo Of Gunfire (Quantum Leap/Starsky & Hutch) (10 pages)
- A Lover's Leap (Sequel to 'Last Echo') (Quantum Leap) (8 pages)
- Under The Cherry Moon (Miami Vice) (6 pages)
- Reprieve (Harry and Johnny) (2 pages)
- Heroes (Blake's 7) (13 pages)
- Drunken Halls (Hardcastle and McCormick) (5 pages)
Fruit Cocktail 3 was published in March 1993 and has 118 pages. Its subtitle is: "Fruit Cocktail Again!?" It has art by BARAVAN, Helena Wolff, Jeanne McClure, Kate Nuernberg,and TACS.
- A Bit of the Bush by Ruth Kurz (Harry & Johnny) 3 pages
- A Morning in the Life by Eileen Roy (The Professionals) 3 pages
- Beyond the Stars by M.L. Millard (Starsky & Hutch) 8 pages
- Bound by Kyra Taylor (The Equalizer) Scott McCall/Harley Gage, 21 pages
- The Fantasy Affair by Emmi Hesr Re (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) 8 pages
- Florida Sunshine by DVS (The Professionals) 36 pages
- Four Times the Owl Called by Robbie (Twin Peaks) Dale Cooper/Harry Truman 5 pages
- Fruit Cake by Helena Wolff (Quantum Leap) 2 pages
- L.A. Stakeout by Robbie (Starsky & Hutch) 5 pages
- Meeting on a Street Corner by Eileen Roy (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) 1 page
- Peaches 'n' Cream by Jeannie Marie (Simon & Simon) 6 pages
- Proverbs One, Rhymes Five by London Fogge (poem, fandom unnamed) 1 page
- Starsky’s Song by M.L. Millard (Starsky & Hutch) 12 pages
- The Sugar and Spice Affair by Mim (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) 2 pages
- Whispers From the Shadows by Leah S. (Starsky & Hutch) 4 pages
art from issue #3, Starsky and Hutch by TACS
art from issue #3, McCall and Gage by Kate Nuernberg
art from issue #3, George Crowley by Jeanne McClure
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 3
See reactions and reviews for Fantasy Affair.
See reactions and reviews for Meeting on a Street Corner.
See reactions and reviews for The Sugar and Spice Affair.
Fruit Cocktail 4 was published in 1994 and is 92 pages long. The cover is by Baravan.
- Dessert by Khylara (MacGyver) 1
- Fruit Cocktail by Vonne Shepard (Various fandoms) 4
- The Domino Effect by Denyse Bridger (The Equalizer) 5
- The Final Night Affair by Mary Millard (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) 44 (reprinted in Reclassified Affairs #2)
- Gentle Reminder by Doreen Tracy (Quantum Leap) 63
- Make My Day by Ruth Kurz (Pros/Harry & Johnny) 67
- Payback is a Mother by Doreen Tracy (Quantum Leap) 72
- Ride 'Em Cowboy by Mandi Kelly (Hardcastle and McCormick) 76
- The Safeway Compromise by Leah S. (Starsky and Hutch) 81
- Strawberry Blond by Jeannie Marie (Simon and Simon) 82
- Truth Games by Theresa Kyle (Starsky and Hutch) 88
Fruit Cocktail 5 was published in 1994 and contains 97 pages.
- Stopping for Apples by Mikasa (The Sentinel) 1
- An Angel's Kiss by Suzan Lynne (The Sentinel) 7
- A Night in Purgatory by Suzan Lynne (The Sentinel) 19
- My Way Home by Rayden Star (The Sentinel) 21
- Whip Cream Dream by Pumpkin (The Sentinel) 25
- Sometimes a Banana is Just a Banana by Virginia Vaughn (The Sentinel) 31
- Returning to Heaven by Suzan Lynne (The Sentinel) 55
- The Season by Jane Mailander (The Sentinel) 63
- Raspberries 'n Cream by Suzan Lynne (The Sentinel) 67
- Yes, We Have No Bananas by Helmboy (The Sentinel) 71
- Assistance Rendered by Joana Dey (The Professionals) 77
- Certainties by Isabeau (Star Wars (TPM)) 85
- Kiwi by Isabeau (Angel) 91
- fan's comments on Virgule-L, quoted anonymously (October 28, 1992)