Please edit this page to add topics or specific pages to the list that you would like to see on the wiki. New editors (and anyone else) who want to add content to the wiki, but don't know where to start, can check this list and start on anything that tickles their fancy.
A complete list of wanted pages (automatically generated) can also be found here.
This section contains tasks that don't require any particular fannish knowledge but are still necessary and any help would be appreciated. Mostly it's tagging pages with the correct categories and similar routine stuff.
Infrastructure-ish Page Wish
Some kind of What should we (re)name x page? page, where fl editors can more easily/centrally brainstorm ideas together about what to name or rename certain pages might be really handy. (See User_talk:Facetofcathy#Name_the_Page)
This section contains a wish list for fannish topics that either do not have adequate coverage on Fanlore or are not yet represented here at all.
- fancraft, Fannish Dolls, Fannish Knitting, Customizing Action Figures, Fannish Embroidery, Fannish Teddies (i.e. dressing teddy bears—similar to dolls—rather than in pictures).
- fan fashions and costuming, cosplay,
Fannish Cakes (or Fandom Cakes?)Fannish Cooking  
- other crafts?
This page desperately needs input on fansub traditions outside anime/Jdrama. See the talk page.
Fan video game development
In #yuletide, we were discussing fan video game projects like the Chrono Trigger sequel and how they routinely get shut down by video game companies.
The Blake's 7 Fandom Implosion
- The MediaMiner article is just a list of popular fandoms right now. It could use more on the history of the site and its impact on anime/manga fandom.
The Avengers (Marvel) page needs more love.
The pairing page for Steve Rogers/Tony Stark is a stub. Plus fanwork pages, for example for Ready, Fire, Aim, especially fanworks that aren't Steve/Tony. Added popular pairings sections for the comics, but it needs popular tropes & fanon filled in. The Earth's Mightiest Heroes section needs tropes & fanon AND example fanworks. There's no real meta anywhere on the page. Plus most of the non-MCU pairings need pages created.
- My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, and Fall Out Boy need to have their pages fleshed out.
- Pages for Cobra Starship, The Academy Is..., and The Cab need to be created.
- Character pages for Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Gerard Way, and others need to be created.
Both show and (any) character pages need more fandom, pretty please. Added placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays (if any) just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the show or notable fanworks (apart from a few vids listed as notable elsewhere in the wiki or with lots of delicious bookmarks). If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance pages out that'd be lovely.
- Need articles on main characters: Roj Blake, Kerr Avon, Vila Restal, Cally, Jenna Stannis, Del Tarrant, Dayna Mellanby, Soolin, Servalan
- And major pairings: Blake/Avon, Avon/Vila, Avon/Cally, Avon/Tarrant, Avon/Servalan
- A more up-to-date perspective on the fandom would be useful; it was fairly active in the late 90s and early 2000s, but this isn't well reflected in the article
A general article on (Western) comics fandom would be useful. At the moment, it's a disambiguation which gets linked all over the place.
Descriptions of the fandom for each of the major pairings would be very welcome.
Many major characters that have a strong fandom presence still have no article, and the rest is mostly stubs. Almost no pairings have pages.
- Movies needed to be added here: Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Treasure Planet or any other Disney movies not mentioned here.
- Characters from any of the movies listed above need to be added
- Disney RPF?
- More fandom to balance out all the canon info about Martha Jones. Ditto Amy Pond. Rose Tyler has a nice list of communities, but very little else. River Song's page is empty. Donna Noble's page is a tiny stub. More old school Who companions.
Show page needs more fandom, pretty please. More character pages would be good (also adding more fandom to, as of mid-April 2011, the sole character page for Aeryn Sun). Added placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays (if any) just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the show or notable fanworks (apart from a few vids listed as notable elsewhere in the wiki). If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance page(s) out that'd be lovely.
Show page could use more sample/notable fanworks. Most character pages need more fandom, pretty please. Adding some placeholder bits of canon info and obvious stuff like Idol Reflections/Ship Manifesto essays if they exist just to have something, but no idea about other notable meta on the characters or notable fanworks. If anyone who's actually been fannish about the show can add more fandom info to balance pages out that'd be lovely.
Pairing names moved onto their own page. Pages created for popular stories and fansites. More on fanart and other fandom things besides just fic, maybe. Any other opinions and perspectives, since the main Hanson article has been edited mostly by one person up to this point.
- Many character pages and pairing pages are still stubs and need to be fleshed out (especially Harry, Ron, Hagrid, James, Lily, Voldemort; and Harry/Hermione, Snape/Hermione, Draco/Neville, Draco/Snape, Ginny/Pansy, Hermione/Ginny)
- Character pages for Gellert Grindelwald, Dolores Umbridge, Oliver Wood, and Cedric Diggory should be created.
- Pairing pages for Neville/Ginny, Albus/Gellert, Snape/Black, Scorpius/Rose, and Teddy/James II should be created. (See also: list of pairing names)
- More Harry Potter archives and communities could use pages
- I found a lot of vague references to wank surrounding Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality; it would be great if someone in HP fandom could clarify & add to that.
- An article on Pottermore would be interesting; my impression is that many fans hated it, but a balanced view would be useful
More information about the movies&movie fandom and how they relate to the series would be nice. (ee discussion on [the talk page])
The fandom page could use more content, for example about various wanks and controversies, the fandom' reputation, and fandom on Tumblr. It also needs more citations and could use a clean-up.
Few characters pages exist and those that do need a lot more fandom content. Same goes for pairings.
There are plenty of fanworks that deserve their own pages.
Something about the history of MSPA Forum Adventures would be great.
Pretty much all pairing and character pages but Arthur, Eames and Arthur/Eames need more content - Yusuf, Saito, Ariadne, Dom Cobb, Robert Fischer, Mal, Ariadne/Yusuf, Dom Cobb/Mal, Arthur/Dom Cobb and so on. Adding more fanworks and creators would be great too.
There a a bunch of stubs for bands, but very little info about the fandom or fans. Needs the perspective of someone active in the fandom (are there any Kpop fans on Fanlore?) This is a longshot, but more info about the Korean fandom would be awesome.
Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien
- Needs lots of characters, in particular: Arwen, Boromir, Elrond, Éomer, Éowyn, Faramir, Galadriel
- Should have articles on Tolkien-inspired fan activities of the 1960s-70s, the original Mythopoeic Society, people who took their class notes in Elvish
- Needs pairings: Frodo/Sam, Merry/Pippin, Aragorn/Boromir, Legolas/Gimli, Aragorn/Arwen, Faramir/Éowyn, interspecies slash (ie hobbit/human or elf)
- Stubs need fleshing out: Gandalf
- New category for Tolkien Fanfiction needs populating
There are many popslash authors/websites that remain to be documented on their own pages. The 'N Sync page is a stub; there are a lot of ways it could be developed--maybe an overview of the group members as characters, and their evolution in the fandom, or the impact of each cd and subsequent tour on the fandom and the fiction. Perhaps a list of the most influential media appearances. And so on.
Several character and pairing pages (for example Sheppard/Weir, John/Teyla, Carson Beckett/Rodney McKay, Aiden Ford, ...) could use more fanwork examples and references to meta. Many more vids, stories, and other fanworks could have their own pages.
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) could use more attention
- need more character pages. Sherlock Holmes (character), Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock (BBC)), John Watson, Jim Moriarty, Mycroft Holmes
- List of Sherlock Holmes Communities and Forums is mostly LJ communities. Add mailing lists, etc.?
- The page could use some examples of fanon and tropes.
- Other characters (Dobey, Huggy Bear) from the show have pages or at least stubs, but neither Starsky nor Hutch does. Slight oversight?
Show page could use more sample fanworks. Any character pages would be good. Anyone who was fannish about the show interested in adding fanworks/meta/links?
The fandom is so huge, yet the fanlore page barely says anything but statistics gleaned by non-Twilight-fans, and doesn't even mention any popular fanwriters and fanartists (or specific fanworks)
- I created the Twilight RPF page but don't really know what to put in it. I hope someone else will enrich it. --msilverstar 05:16, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Some stats/maybe-interesting info on fic-deleting/sharing in the fandom from a Twilight fan just came up here: http://vickyblueeyez.livejournal.com/77423.html?thread=71279#t71279 (up to 65% completely monofannish (feral?) fans, fic-deleting for possible monetary gain and fic-sharing against author's wishes commonplace) --Sk 18:49, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
I can't believe we don't have an article on these! Another thing that's linked all over the place.
Anyone remember the vampire hobbits fad? It even spawned an archive of sorts at one point.
The Fanfiction Glossary
The Fanfiction Glossary does have a page now, if anyone wants to add to it, or you could check the wayback versions of the Fanfiction Glossary and add missing information to the Fanlore articles about the listed glossary terms.
The Hellhound Universe
- this Blake's 7, The Log of the Hellhound, AU needs some love.
Anyone know what exactly "feels" means? It's prevalent in The Hobbit (film series) fandom as of 2013.
- I've seen it in Sherlock BBC, too. --Mrs. Potato Head (talk) 16:26, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- There is a brilliant essay on the difference between "Feels" and "Feelings" on DW, and there's some documentation of when the term appears on AO3. I'll start a page, and if anyone wants to jump in, please do! --the old briar pipe (talk) 19:00, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- Done! I need some help with one of the citations, since it's a search that includes brackets in the URL, and I can never remember how to code that properly on a wiki. Also, needs more citations and info! --the old briar pipe (talk) 20:21, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- Ooh, thanks! Not being on Tumblr, I'd assumed it was only used for characters. I've never been sure how to code square brackets, either. Espresso Addict (talk) 20:47, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Many early websites have disappeared. Just as fandom shifted online from zines, so it has increasingly been shifting from personal websites to LJ/DW or FF.net. Now, people are dropping personal sites to archive on AO3. There are many fan websites still needing documentation—even just listing them (with their URLs) for each fandom would help.
Aestheticism was one of the first widely-accessible sources of information on BL ("yaoi") in English. The article is a stub, but it has references that could be used to flesh it out. The owners are still around AFAIK; the site's just down. Someone could find them and ask them about the site history and their future plans.
The Facebook page is a stubby stub and could use anything about what fandom looks like there.
Freedom of Speech Archive
Anyone know anything about this site?
- Many of the pages created for this project are still stubs or don't include updated links. 
- GeoCities could use more fannish perspective.
- A page about this very successful site that offers scanlated manga to read online, but that is often hosted without the scanlator's permission. It's actually one site among many owned by the for-profit U.S.?/China?-based company NOEZWork, Inc / NOEZ.com that host fanworks like scanlations, fansubs, fanart, etc., often without fan permission, and make money off ad revenue. A sneakier, successful version of monetizing fans a la FanLib, Narutofan.com, and the like. A couple of links:
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/2091-mangafox-how-noez-does-business/ http://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?page=1&tid=28000 http://japanzai.com/index.php?topic=1619.0 http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://noez.com (older pages with info about NOEZ's corporate plans before they were taken down)
This page needs details! The who, what, when, where and how of The Sith Academy and its community of fans.
Edited to add: I added some background. --MeeDee 05:16, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
A page dedicated to the history, styles, whatever of Zine Art. We've got lots of images that we can use as examples!
Additional page(s) for Cover Art or Cover Design - perhaps also comparing zine covers to other types of fanworks that might use covers - filk albums, fanmixes, podfic, ...? (Check out the Merlin podbook covers)
4chan and its boards need a page. (This is in progress at /a/.)
Conventions in the UK and Australia
I've been working at making pages for UK and AUS media conventions. The STAG and IDIC newsletters, as well as Hypertension, have a great deal of information, but we need more information from fans who are more in the know than I. --Mrs. Potato Head 17:00, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
Anime & Manga Fandom & Related Fandoms
There are many single, specific pages you can add:
- Anime and manga series not on Category:Anime or Category:Manga
- Use Template:FandombyText
- Add [[Category:Anime]] and/or [[Category:Manga]] (others as needed)
- Remember to focus on fandom, not canon.
- Characters, pairings, or groups (examples: Rukia Kuchiki, Sasuke x Naruto)
- Template:CharacterProfile for characters
- Template:PairingProfile for pairings/threesomes/moresomes
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the character/relationship comes from
- We don't have a template yet for groups; if you want one, just comment on Category_talk:Infoboxes.
- Scanlation groups at List of Scanlation Groups
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] and/or [[Category:Doujin Fandom]]
- Fansub groups at List of Fansub Groups
- Clubs at List of Anime Clubs
- Cons at List of Anime Conventions
- Doujin at List of Doujinshi by Fandom
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the doujinshi is based on
- Doujin circles at List of Doujinshi Circles
- Websites not already listed at Category:Anime & Manga Fandom
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Specific parts of the fansub process (see [[ for details)
- Add [[Category:Translation]]
- Individual AMVs
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the AMV is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the AMV was originally posted
- AMV, Cosplay, Doujin, and other Awards
- Add [[Category:Anime Music Video]], [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]], or [[Doujin Fandom]]
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the award was offered OR the decade if multiple years; add more decades as needed
- Individual fanart, fanfiction, cosplay, podfic, etc.
- Template:Fanwork or one of its variants (Template:Fanfiction, Template:Podfic)
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the canon the fanwork is based on
- Add [[YEAR]], replacing YEAR with the year the fanwork was originally posted
- Add any medium-based categories that apply, like [[Visual Arts]], [[Crafts]], [[Multimedia]], [[Poetry]], [[Costuming]], etc. (if you're using a specific template like Template:Podfic, this will be added automatically for you)
- Common terms/tropes (example: mecha)
- Influential seiyuu, mangaka, directors, writers, character designers, etc. (example: Hayao Miyazaki)
- Add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]]
- Remember to describe their impact on fans, not just the industry.
If the page you want to add is not listed on a "List of" page, just add it to the appropriate category. Many of those pages are still woefully incomplete.
If you want a bigger challenge:
- Cosplay is currently a short page, and all cosplay-related materials are under Category:Costuming or Category:Gaming & Role-Playing. There is no template for specific photo-sets or performances. You could request a template, as well as a separate category, if you wanted to tackle that topic. Request templates at Category_talk:Infoboxes
- Fansub and scanlation into languages other than English or in areas outside the U.S./Canada need a lot of work. If you're having trouble figuring out where to add that information, come check in on the talk pages.
- J-Drama, K-Drama, and TW-Drama could use many more series and general information. SG-Drama, HK-Drama, and C-Drama don't even have pages and categories yet.
- We need pages for Fan Dub, Manga Music Video, MAD, MMD, and possibly Anime Story Music Video, as well as pages on others terms and elements of video-related culture.
- Category:J-Pop Fandom, Category:J-Rock Fandom, and Category:K-Rock Fandom are tiny and need lots of work. Category:K-Pop Fandom is bigger but could still use some love.
- Category:Games is very small still.
- Know of any debates/discussions within a community, especially large, complicated, or highly visible ones? Those can get their own pages!
- Category:Debate (for debates, wanks, imbroglios, etc.) or Category:Discussion (for discussion communities, histories of long-term discussions, etc.)
- Template:EventProfile or Template:Activity
- Add [[Category:FANDOMNAME]], replacing FANDOMNAME with the fandom the debate or discussion happened in; OR add [[Category:Anime & Manga Fandom]] if it was a broader community debate.
- Vocaloid fandom needs lots of love.
If you notice anything missing from these lists that needs work, please add it!