Panic! at the Disco
|Name(s):||Panic! at the Disco, P!atD, Panic!
previously Panic at the Disco, PatD, Panic
|Scope/Focus:||Core band in Bandom|
|See also:||My Chemical Romance|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Panic! at the Disco is a rock band formed in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2004.
From a fic perspective, the history of the band has been recorded perhaps best in wearemany's Give me more. Though highly fictionalized, the story utilizes a significant amount of research and actual history. Roga's Panic primer also has a ton of historical info.
Another good primer is Flimsy's.
- Brendon Urie – lead vocals, guitar, bass, piano, keyboards (2004–present)
- Spencer Smith – drums, percussion (2004–present)
- Brent Wilson – bass (2004–2006)
- Ryan Ross – lead guitar, vocals, keyboards (2004–2009)
- Jon Walker – bass, guitar, backing vocals, keyboards (2006–2009)
- Eric Ronick – keyboards, backing vocals (2006–2008)
- Bartram Nason – cello, keyboard, electric drums (2006)
- Ian Crawford – lead guitar, backing vocals (2009-present)
- Dallon Weekes – bass, backing vocals (2009-present)
The band members have been paired up in every conceivable way, including GSF. However, Brendon/Ryan has probably been the most common pairing, especially in the early days of the band. Brendon/Spencer is also a popular pairing (seeming to foreshadow the departure of Ryan Ross and Jon Walker from the band in 2009), and became more popular after the split.
High School stories are quite popular, probably due to the band being very young when they started, and the known facts about them going to school together. There are also several college AUs, and a fair number of office AUs, in which Jon is usually a barista at Starbucks and Brendon usually works at Smoothie Hut, since both of them actually held those jobs in the past. There is also cabinfic, from the time they went and locked themselves away in a cabin in the woods to (try to) write an album. Quite often their real pets are mentioned in fic - it seems to be a lot more common in bandom than some other fandoms, possibly because so many of them talk about how awesome their dogs are in interviews and Twitter.
- Sunsetmog - e.g. If Music be the food of love (High school AU), Here at the right time, Thereafter you have it (kidfic), You can sit beside me (High school AU)
- LittleMousling (AO3)
- their friends lists are a good place to start, as well as Roga's recs list at the end of her primer, linked above.
- See, for example, rossetti's Existing Unknowing. 27 January 2008. (Accessed 1 February 2011.) For an AU example, see queensheep's Golden Apples. 23 September 2008. (Accessed 2 April 2012.) For more examples, see stepps's Masterlist: Panic Group Sex Fic. Last updated: 16 August 2010. (Accessed 2 April 2012.)
- See, for example, wearemany's The Mirror Stage. 18 May 2008. (Accessed 1 February 2011.)