User:Mrs. Potato Head
|Name/s:||Mrs. Potato Head|
|Fandom/s:||I am a fan of several; they tend to start with the letter "S." Mainly though, I'm a fan of fandom itself.|
|You can find me at:|
|On Fanlore:||My contributions / email me|
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Alayne Gelfand
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Christie Young
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Eileen Salmas
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Lferion
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with M. Fae Glasgow
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Rachel Sabotini
- Media Fandom Oral History Project Interview with Shoshanna
- Boucher, Backbone and Blake – the legacy of Blakes 7, Boucher, Backbone and Blake – the legacy of Blakes 7
- To Ship or Not To Ship: An explainer about the terms “ship” and “slash”
- Canon or Fanon (A.K.A. The Chicken or the Egg)
- Social justice, shipping, and ideology: when fandom becomes a crusade, things get ugly - Vox, Archived version and the response Wow. Notice how @bookshop‘s essay about shipping, Archived version
-  Community, Identity, and Femslash
-  you have got to be kidding me
-  Let 'em all die, squished like little ants, I don't care... are YOU okay?
-  The Hth Field Guide to Slash & Other Assorted Strange Attractors
-  Hey, here's something new...
-  a poll on fandom involvement and femslash
-  11 cents on the sga flashfic wankery
-  And then I said stuff.
-  I will help you to get this concept. Look deep into my eyes.
-  Asking permission from the pros
-  LJ: on the permissions discussion, far afield and here at the 'Gates
-  Why does het fic get such a bad rap?
-  Squicks: absolute or circumstantial?
-  Thoughts about fandom: The forum at David Hewlett's website
-  Fandomwankery: Fandom and Messageboards (or, How the Internet Has Warped Social Behavior)
-  My threesome manifesto
-  Seven Reasons Why Selling Fanzines* Isn't Bad, Wrong, or Hazardous to Your Fannish Health
-  Wanting To Be Happy: Desire, Porn, and Romance in Slash Fanfiction
-  sharing fandom/fannish selves
-  this has probably been ranted about before... YOU DO NOT MAKE MONEY OFF OF FANFIC.
-  Fannish Dysfunction
-  keep it secret, keep it safe
-  Does fanfic turn into a pumpkin at midnight?
-  Recommending Vids: The How, the What, the Why, and the Threats of Whining
-  I wanna know what love is; I want you to show me.
-  Professional Writers vs. The People Who Love Their Work, Round Umpty-Snout
-  Wobbies Wanted
-  The Origin of Squickies
-  I should be writing my Smutmas fic, but instead I shall rant...
-  Het--the Other white meat (and me, a vegetarian)
-  gay porn, except not
-  Fanfiction. Knowledge is power?
-  Slashers who write hetsex.
-  Establishing one's fandom bona fides
-  Why SPN?
-  Often Unnecessary Warnings (And How They Cause My Brain To Melt)
-  SGA Meta: As the bowl of petunias said, "Oh no, not again."
-  Meta-meta: on fanfic, genre and categorization
-  Fandom, the two-headed god
-  Fandom You: Hobby or training ground? Short term or lifer?
-  Help! My slash goggles are stuck!
-  What I Owe Fandom: Not a Whole Damn Lot
-  BNF's! What is this of which you speak??
-  Aim for the head: How Supernatural fandom is like a zombie movie
-  MY FUCKING FANDOM GIVES ME FUCKING FITS, part 34,849
-  Unhappy Endings (meta)
-  The Philosophy of Poverty
-  TV shows, humiliation squick and breaking my contract.
-  Rantidy rant rant rant...
-  belated thoughts on race and the fannish "utopia"
-  Everything's political?
-  revolution slash-style now?
-  Fanfic and Authorship
-  Race, Fandom, and the Shoes of Other People
-  Ruminations on good manners
-  You're Messing with My OCD, Fandom. You Wanna Fight?
-  Oh, look, a CAN OF WORMS! Let's watch Mary open it again! :D
-  Further thoughts on fan fiction
-  yeah, I'm gonna regret this...
-  Some advice for white people in fandom
-  The Quest for CoC
-  The Curse of the WIP – The Lost Art of Rewriting in Fan Fiction
-  How Not to Ruin Yuletide
-  On a writer's responsibility...
-  oh goody. round 3.45 billion of "the writer is god and every word is sacred"
- my delicate butterfly soul is cooking like an egg in mary's glass house: bettyp, Archived version and the response Anatomy of the fannish butterfly (and troll), Archived version (Jan 2005) my delicate butterfly soul is cooking like an egg in mary's glass house
-  archive link Professional Amateurs and Amateur Professionals
- How did you discover fandom?, archive link page 1, archive link page 2, archive link page 3, archive link page 4, archive link page 5
- Rant: Enough Already Rant: Enough Already
-  vid structure and the process of vidding
-  Warning: Opinions of the Story are Not Necessarily the Opinons of the Author
-  Rant/Squee the First
- 2006 meta
- 2005-02 February 2005: 12 entries
- 2005-03 March 2005: 14 entries
- 2005-04 April 2005: 14 entries
- 2005-05 May 2005: 16 entries
- 2005-06 June 2005: 13 entries
- 2005-07 July 2005: 9 entries
- 2005-08 August 2005: 17 entries
- 2005-09 September 2005: 12 entries
- 2005-10 October 2005: 7 entries
- 2005-11 November 2005: 15 entries
- 2005-12 December 2005: 11 entries
- 2006-01 January 2006: 17 entries
- 2006-02 February 2006: 13 entries
- 2006-03 March 2006: 16 entries
- 2006-04 April 2006: 15 entries
- 2006-05 May 2006: 8 entries
- 2006-06 June 2006: 13 entries
- 2006-07 July 2006: 16 entries
Replacement Program: 14
- A-Z: Addicted to Zines
- Before & After (Blakes)
- Beguiled (Pros)
- Beyond the Final Frontier (Star Trek: VOY)
- Cross My Heart #1 (multi)
- Ember Days (Pros)
- For Those Who Came in Late #1 (multi)
- Love and Sacrifice (Blakes)
- Queen's Fate (Valdemar)
- Rhythm and Blues (Fugitive)
- Standard by Seven: The Early Years (the white cover) (Blake's 7)
- This Guy I Gotta Wait For (Miami Vice)