User talk:Mrs. Potato Head
- 1 Typos Quake Before Me,(That is how I find them)
- 2 I can look at that article
- 3 Would you have a look at the new material?
- 4 New changes!!
- 5 Icon Re-Size
- 6 FF.net and a "safe heaven"
- 7 I thank you Fourth Times
- 8 Descriptions of Art/Covers?
- 9 Sorry about that -
- 10 Virtual Seasons
- 11 Corrected pages
- 12 Does Anyone Have a Link for This Article?
- 13 Southern Comfort
- 14 Anti-Zine - Questions
Typos Quake Before Me,(That is how I find them)
My pleasure! Remember, I do the easy stuff to save you for the tricky manoeuvres. Some of the ones I got today were oddities caused by the typeface of the particular mimeo machine they used. Don't feel bad at all!
I have been linking the References directly to the specific issues of the zines, etc. Should I continue? Theory is, it makes it quicker for the reader to find the proper page. Bobdog54 (talk) 22:03, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, it's a very difficult typeface to translate. I've tried a number of different things with The LOC Connection -- some more successful than others. I love the fact you have my back on this, Bobdog. Regarding direct links to specific issues, I agree it is much neater and much more helpful when they go right to the issue. If you're up for continuing, I'm all for that plan. --MPH (talk) 22:43, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- I stand in appreciation of all of the work that you have done recently. Should I send you some soothing eyedrops and equally soothing chocolate?
- I shall continue as I have been dancing through to this point. For variety, I dip into the list of stories from way back when, work on that list and then swing over to the recent changes. Keeps me from getting bored. Take care.** Bobdog54 (talk) 19:53, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Eyedrops, yes. A cold pack for my wrist would be good, too. :) --MPH (talk) 20:13, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- My hands are having sympathy pains! Would you like me to take a look at the West-Con pages? I can alternate between The Clipper Ship and the Conference. That Clipper Ship guy sure does like to whine! He has a very unique outlook on life, by golly. Be kind to yourself. Bobdog54 (talk) 21:50, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
- You mean MediaWest? Why don't you hold off a bit on those; I'm doing a major revamp and organization which will take me a few weeks, and then I'm going to add a lot more -- I don't want to have you do work you don't need to as they're still in a big state of flux. When I get to a sort-of stopping place, I'll let you know and then you can work your magic. --MPH (talk) 22:21, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
I can look at that article
Would you have a look at the new material?
I've started adding some new material to Queen (Dragonriders of Pern story). I haven't really done much yet on the discussion of FFA/Coal wank. However, I've added the exchange of comments on AO3 on which most of the wank was based.
- I will, Greer. --MPH (talk) 11:55, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
The thumbnails are now appearing really big... I know there is an upgrade, so I am just going to assume it's a temporary blip and that they will go back to the size they were rather than trying to adjust... Hope that's right. I'm in the chatroom, but nobody else is :( --Aralias (talk) 20:12, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- But you make a darn cute monster! Bobdog54 (talk) 19:48, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
FF.net and a "safe heaven"
Good evening! I have been wandering around in my brand new gardener boots and ended up in Fanfiction.net. I changed the phrase 'safe heaven' to 'safe haven' and if you wrote this and I am wrong, I revert myself in embarrassment. This is much shorter than the original tortured explanation. (god, it stinks being new) Bobdog54 (talk) 01:04, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
- While "safe heaven" is rather poetic, you are correct it was a typo. Thank you for fixing it. And welcome aboard as a new gardener. :) --MPH (talk) 11:51, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
I thank you Fourth Times
Descriptions of Art/Covers?
Do I remember reading something about providing descriptions of artwork with a level of detail "Like it was a friend sitting next to you"? Should I start paying attention and doing that with the zines that I come in contact with? Thanks Bobdog54 (talk) 17:03, 14 May 2016 (UTC)
- Certainly. It would be a good addition. --MPH (talk) 11:05, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
Sorry about that -
- Wasn't using my brain and looking closely at context. I did not erase the storm pilot redirect page so shouldn't that have been a blue link without the need to make a new page? Certain pages like the Bigot/Saint page are linked to the Poe/Cameron page through multiple pages/redirects. Do you know why that might be? Bobdog54 (talk) 20:54, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
We have 16 virtual seasons pages. At this point, I think there have been four, maybe five different templates used on them. Which template is correct? Do they need their own template, or is the category sufficient? What do folks think? --MPH (talk) 15:42, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- I think they might need their own template, I mean I know there are a lot of virtual seasons out there and probably not all of them will get their own page, but I think it might be better to have them at least have some sort of uniform. Creating The Patakis page, I wasn't sure if I should just go with the Fanworks template or the website template especially since a lot of the virtual seasons I checked out went with "Community". I always considered them a "fanwork" more than a website or community, and this way it's easier to decide when creating new pages.--Harpie (talk) 16:31, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
Does Anyone Have a Link for This Article?
Jae. (2012). A study of demographics and writing-/reading-habits of fanfiction writers and readers. Retrieved from http://www.jaefiction.com/
It gets cited many times on Fanlore. --MPH (talk) 15:26, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- ex http://web.archive.org/web/20120701171919/http://www.jae-fiction.com/Study_on_Fanfiction.html--MeeDee (talk) 18:16, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
and go here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.jae-fiction.com/* and filter for the word fan--MeeDee (talk) 18:21, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. --MPH (talk) 18:30, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
- Totally a glitch! I remember looking at it, but can't even recall messing with the page at all. I apologize, Greenygal. I undid the revision, so hopefully all is well. But on the topic of your recent editing, thank you for updating all those links these past few days. :-) --MPH (talk) 17:09, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
Anti-Zine - Questions
Questions for you:
* From a 1993 ad: "This zine contains everything from several-somes to K/S and beyond, including a risque cover of Tasha, K/S paper dolls, and much more. The material in this zine is fairly "'serious,'
*What/Who are several-somes? *It appears that there are extra quotes around "'serious,'
*Further down the page - Saint German s/b "Saint Germaine"
*Do you want to give citations for the ads?
I can make the changes if you give me the information.
- -) Bobdog
- I think the "Saint German" was a typo in the review, so I put a [sic] next to it.
- I don't remember what the ads were from! Probably a Bill Hupe catalog? I should have put the cite on it at the time, but it got away from me.
- I suspect that "several-somes" is their cute way of referring to a "threesome." I'm going to go ahead and wiki link it.
- Thank you for catching the anomalies, Bobdog. --MPH (talk) 16:53, 9 August 2016 (UTC)