The Annual Fan Q Awards Nominations Booklet
|Title:||The Annual Fan Q Awards Nominations Booklet|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Annual Fan Q Awards Nominations Booklet was published in 1981 and 1982 and perhaps in other years. It was created by MediaWest*Con to offer assistance to fans in the process of voting for the Fan Qs. Each issue contained all of the nominees, along with excerpts from the fiction and poetry, and examples of the art up for consideration. They also included biographies of all the artists, writers, and editors who were on the ballot.
It contains 30 pages.
- Favorite Fanzine: Skywalker 4, edited by Bev Clark, Facets #3 and #4, Dagger of the Mind, Galactic Discourse #3, Sun & Shadow, Time Warp #4, and Twin Suns #1 (winner was: Skywalker)
- Favorite Long Story: One Way Mirror by Barbara Wenk, "Foreshadows" in Skywalker #4, "Life-Line" in Dracula, and "Precessional" in Precessional (winner was: One Way Mirror)
- Favorite Short Story: "Imperial Soliloquy" by by Barbara Wenk, published in Warped Space, "For 'A That' in Obsc'zine #4, "Kessel Run" in Skywalker #4, and "The Explorer" in Menagerie #16) (winner was: "Imperial Soliloquy")
- Favorite Poem: "Starsame" by Paula Block, "Bottlecasting" in Masiform D #10, "Sail the Wind" in Dagger of the Mind, "Showdown" in R&R #12, and "Suzannice" in Menagerie #16 (winner was: "Starsame")
- Favorite Single Artwork: Joni Wagner, published in Facets #4, Signe Landon for the cover of Galactic Discourse #3, Nan Lewis for interior art in Galactic Discourse #3, Susan Perry-Lewis for interior art in Dracula, Pat Stall for the front cover of Nome #2, and Bev Zuk for the front cover of Obsc'zine #4 (winner was: Joni Wagner)
It contains 50 pages.
- Best Star Trek Writer: Mindy Glazer for Tales of Feldman, Syn Ferguson for The Price and the Prize, Bonnie Reitz for "Through the Eye of the Tiger" from Time Warp #5, Bev Volker and Nancy Kippax for "A Different Drummer" in Contact #7, and Barb Greenwood for "Fiawol" from Menagerie #17) (winner was: Mindy Glazer)
- Best Star Trek Artist: Bev Zuk for Guardian #3, Ann Crouch for Eternal Triangle, Nan Lewis for Enter-comm #4) and Gayle F for work in Nome #4 and The Price and the Prize (winner was: Bev Zuk)
- Best Star Trek 'Zine: Guardian #3, Nome #4, Masiform D #11, Contact #7, and Tales of Feldman) (winner was: Guardian)
- Best Star Wars Writer: Anne Elizabeth Zeek for "Honor Binds Me," "Sow the Wind," and "Queen's Gambit," Anne Elizabeth Zeek/Barbara Wenk for "Chinese Fire Drill" and "Slow Boat to Bespin", Paula Block/Judi Hendricks for "Satisfaction Guaranteed." Paula Block/Jackie Paciello for "The Continuator" and Jean L. Stevenson for Evolution of a Rebel (winner was: Anne Elizabeth Zeek)
- Best Star Wars Artist: Connie Faddis, Martynn, Karen River, Joni Wagner and Gee Moaven (winner was: Connie Faddis)
- Best Star Wars 'Zine: Pegasus #5, Time Warp #5, Twin Suns #3, and Kessel Run #1 (winner was: Pegasus)
- Best Other Media Writer: Susan Matthews for "The Extraordinary Discretion Affair," Jane Aumerle for Graven Images, Connie Faddis for The Pawn of Leptos, Roy Smith for "A Brother Helped is a Strong City," Kelly Hill for "Home is the Hunter," and Jan Lindner for "Overture" (winner was: Susan Matthews)
- Best Other Media Artist: Karen River for Facets #7/8, Pegasus #5 and Son of Syndizine, Connie Faddis for Graven Images and 10-13) and Barbara Fister-Liltz for Facets #7/8 and Purple and Orange? (winner was: Karen River)
- Best Other Media 'Zine: Son of Syndizine, Guardian #3, Time Warp #5 and Facets #7/8 (winner was: Son of Syndizine)