|Tropes and genres|
|Synonym(s)||marriage of arrangement, Arranged Marriage AU|
|Related tropes/genres||Marriage, Mail-Order Bride (trope), Child Marriage, Marriage of Convenience (trope), Forced Marriage, Marriage Law Challenge|
|See also||Alternate Universe, Matchmaking|
|Related articles on Fanlore.|
Arranged Marriage is a trope in which an arranged marriage between two characters is the focus of a fanwork - generally fanfics. The arranged marriage trope appears in many many fandoms, both those where an arranged marriage is a relatively plausible idea, such as historical or fantasy fandoms, like the The Hobbit, and those in which it really isn't. It is used as a way to get a pairing together who wouldn't normally get together such as crack ships or doomed ships. In some fandoms, these fanworks are labeled "arranged marriage AUs".
- arranged marriage au & arranged marriage au, take two by shineyma; Ward/Simmons, two different takes on Ward and Simmons in an arranged marriage.
- Thirteen Nights by wargoddess, Zutara. "Written after the finale of Season 2, and speculating several years forward. The war is over, thanks be to the Avatar, but hatred takes longer to die. The non-con warning is for an arranged marriage; I know not all AMs are non-consensual, but this one is."
- The Prince and the Proper by KaitoKidnapper, Kirishima Eijirou/Bakugou Katsuki, Royalty AU omegaverse
- Chaos Is Come Again by Aashby/theatresm. One of the best-known Marriage Law-inspired works; Snape/Hermione
- That Old Black Magic by bixgirl1, Harry/Draco.
- Sixthlight wrote at least six different Joe/Nicky arranged marriage stories for the fandom, such as The Arranged Marriage AU series, Diplomatic Complications and men of their word.
- i will learn (to love the skies i'm under) by Cân Cennau and Solovei. Julian Bashir/Elim Garak/Kelas Parmak
- When He Comes Tell Me That You'll Let Him In by crushcandles, Geralt/Jaskier, double arranged marriage (Jaskier/ofc, Geralt/Jaskier)
- (Podfic) I Was Pledged to You, To You I Pledge Myself by AceOfTigers, Geralt/Jaskier
- Arranged Marriage & Alternate Universe - Arranged Marriage tags at Archive of Our Own
- Recs tagged Arranged Marriage at Fancake
- Recs tagged Diplomatic Marriage at Fancake