|Trope · Genre|
|Synonyms:||marriage of arrangement, Arranged Marriage AU|
|Related:||Marriage, Mail-order bride, Child Marriage, Marriage of Convenience, Forced Marriage, Marriage Law Challenge|
|See Also:||Alternate Universe, Matchmaking|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Arranged Marriage is a trope in which an arranged marriage between two characters is the focus of a fanwork - generally fanfics. The arranged marriage trope appears in many many fandoms, both those where an arranged marriage is a relatively plausible idea, such as The Hobbit, and those in which it really isn't. It is used as a way to get a pairing together who wouldn't normally get together such as crack ships or doomed ships. In some fandoms, these fanworks are labeled "arranged marriage AUs".
- Matched by banshee_in_the_dark, Bellamy/Clarke, A match made in the Ark is put to test on the ground.
- arranged marriage au & arranged marriage au, take two by shineyma; Ward/Simmons, two different takes on Ward and Simmons in an arranged marriage.
- Love Is A Kind Of Warfare by bri617, Oliver/Felicity, One week ago, Oliver Queen married Felicity Smoak, heir to the SmoakSolutions empire. A match made in business heaven. The only problem? He hates her. She hates him even more...
- Chaos Is Come Again by Aashby/theatresm. One of the best-known Marriage Law-inspired works; Snape/Hermione
- A Desperate Arrangement by mikkimouse, Derek Hale/Stiles Stilinski, After seven years of lengthy negotiations, the treaty between the Hales and the Argents has fallen apart and the two countries fell into war. Months later, there's an uneasy truce, thanks to the intervention of King Scott McCall, but it won't last. In a desperate attempt to maintain the peace, the Hales sign a treaty with the McCalls to marry Prince Derek to Prince Stiles Stilinski, King Scott's brother. In the history of the world, there have been many better ideas.