|Name/s:||Oscar, Zed, error_cascade|
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
The Hunger Games
Fandoms of Peripheral Interest:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel: the series
Sherlock (TV Series)
|You can find me at:|| error_cascade AO3 account|
Meta on Femslash (mostly inactive sideblog/archive on tumblr)
ficquote (intermittently active fic rec side-blog on tumblr)
|On Fanlore:||My contributions / email me|
Hi! I go by error_cascade or zed. You can use any pronouns to describe me, although ze/zir/zirs are probably my favourite.
I'm currently focusing quite a bit on editing pages in Category:Fannish Podcasts. In the past I've focused on fan films; the hunger games characters, pairings and fic; trying to flesh out Category:Worm and Category:The Good Place. I'm a big propponent of adding some level of plot summary/info to fanwork pages as well. Feel free to say something on my talk page if you notice convergent editing interests. :)
A Vague Approximation of Fannish History
My fannish interests started very young, with a near-obsessive focus on the Star Trek franchise, particularly the 24th century shows (Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek: DS9, and Star Trek: VOY). I had over 100 beta canon novels that I would arrange chronologically (by my own approximation of events). I also totally wrote a script (aka fanfic) in my very very youthful youth where Harry Kim has to deal with some troubles (TM) as acting captain while on nightshift. I also made a playdough approximation of B'Elanna's forehead ridges as a costume for a graciously cooperative family member. I also loved reading through canon compendiums of facts and behind the scenes stuff, Wikipedia pages, whatever.
I didn't really discover internet fandom or fic until fairly recently (and yes, I missed the print zine era). I assume most fanfiction would be bad (clearly changed my mind on that one). I started reading Harry Potter fanfiction in my late teens. Most of it was bad, but there was enough id appeal in even the worst fics to make me think hey, let's see if there's something to all this. I really enjoyed the rational fic genre that came out of HPMOR, which in itself I didn't enjoy as much.
I have written a few fics (available on my AO3 on my sidebar), but most of my fannish activity is in things like reviews, comments, adding image descriptions to fanart for accessibility, short meta commentary, jokes, etc.
Some of the things I like in fandom: meta, femslash, stories with complicated characters, fancrafts, nuanced discussions about the role of fiction (like On the Subject of Noncon Fanworks: Thoughts of a Reader, Writer, Survivor, not weird wank).
Some ships I enjoy:
- Ezri Dax/Lenara Kahn
- Valkyrie x Loki (MCU iterations, flexible wrt gender)
- Kira Nerys/Kimara Cretak
- Ultimates (Marvel 1610) Steve/Tony, 616 Stevetony
- MCU Pepper Potts/Tony Stark
- slightly dysfunctional johnlock
- Eve Polastri/Villanelle
- MCU Valkyrie in most combinations, except the canon one Valkyrie/Thor. She pairs good with Natasha, Melinda May, Nebula, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Nakia...
- Rachel Lindt (Bitch) and Taylor Hebert (Skitter) from Worm
- Tony x Rhodey
- Seven of Nine/Raffi Musiker
- Kira/Kasidy; Benjamin Sisko/Kasidy, Vash/Kasidy, Keiko/Kasidy...
To Do/Wish List
- So. I have *a lot* of Wattpad thoughts. tumblr links need archiving
Pages & Notes
- romanoff (fan) needs expanding
- navyasarchive maybe
- Lenara Khan
- Lilah Morgan
- Chidi Anagonye
- Eleanor Shellstrop
- Tahani Al-Jamil
- Horace Slughorn could use some newer examples/fandom
- Alastor Moody
- Raffi Musiker
- Peter Parker & Tony Stark
- Jake Sisko/Tora Ziyal, Jake/Ziyal
- Sisko/Dukat (maybe, very small rare pair)
- Seven of Nine/Raffi Musiker
- Amanda Palmer
- Don Cheadle
- Jameela Jamil has deliberately sought out and read Eleanor/Tahani fic
- Mary Wiseman has been targeted to a lot of fat shaming by fans but seems very savvy to the happier side of fandom; there's a trekmovie.com interivew where she mentions Captain Killy being good because there's a new hairstyle for cosplay
- Is trans Luna Lovegood a trend yet?
- Maximoff Fic Exchange
- customizing minifigs
- Post-Canon Cardassia seems like a trope of its own at this point
- this meta by portrait of the oddity on darkfic
- MOC as lego term
- Safety Protocols Disabled Star Trek diorama/MOC with a dinosaur on the Holodeck. All CC images.
- AFAIK, Star Trek Secret Santa, Star Trek Horror Big Bang, and Rare Pair Grethor/Rare Pair Gre'thor are all undocumented on Fanlore
- ficdb link with some functional reviews?
- be the serpent comment
- A post from Claudia's Things on tumblr about racism towards Sam and Rhodey in the MCU.
- rec wttpd
- horror exchange thread
Media & Academic
- Creator of ‘60s superhero fanzine discovers Marvel Tribune lives on as ‘collector’s item’
- John Green on the fault in his stardom
- How to survive Fan Expo Canada
- Furries, people who wear animal costumes, aren’t freaks, study finds
- Truly animated over anime
- Fur suits the top pursuit for VancouFur attendees
- article on hugos
<div style="-moz-column-count:2; -webkit-column-count:2; column-count:2;">two colums of text</div>
Have checked fan pages for categories roughly up to Claire Gabriel