Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook
|Title:||Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook|
|Publisher:||Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans|
|Editor(s):||Louise Stange, LNAF President|
|Medium:||print zine, fanfic|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS/Leonard Nimoy|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook is an amateur written, illustrated and published collection of stories and articles dedicated to Leonard Nimoy by his official fan club. Fan art graced the covers of their early zines. Zines published in later years contained photographs of the actor Leonard Nimoy.
These yearbooks are compilations of LNNAF Journal.
Adventures in MimeoIn 1978, from the club's president:
"The mimeograph I use is an A.B. Dick 535. Previous to 1975, I had an old Sears mimeograph (which was new when I bought It In 1969) which was held together with electrical tape end 'luck.' The motor was not large enough and it become very hot-—so hot I had to rewire portions of it with a regular light switch for the "on and off" controls… I ran it like that for over a year. Fortunately, the A. B. Dick salesman from whom I purchased all my paper at that time was keeping an eye out for any good used machines that came into the Dayton Branch, and when this one arrived, he called me with the good news. It was in incredibly good shape with perfect mechanical parts, and just a few scratches on the plastic case. It had belonged to a church that took very good care of it. The motor Is VERY heavy duty and can really take continual use very well indeed! After the book is run on the mimeograph, I have a little mini-collator which I also found on sale and purchased to put pages together, and this step goes very quickly. Then it's into the envelopes, into the mail, and on to your mail box (along with high hopes that once I drop it off at the post office, it will reach you safely and in one piece!), for you to read and enjoy!" 
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1968 contains 50 pages, includes a letter from Leonard Nimoy, editorial, articles/news, lots of black/white photos and artwork, fan letters, interviews, etc.
Note that the name of this publication had a slight change a year later when several British and Canadian clubs joined. See Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans for more information.
Reactions and Reviews: 1968
The latest LNNAF publication is the 1968 Yearbook, containing a newsletter from Leonard Nimoy; his answers to club members' questions; articles by members (including one reprinted from Plak-Tow); an article on Frank Vinci, Leonard Nimoy's stand-in; and some good photos — some from magazines, others taken by fans. The winner of the 1968 Nimoy Award is Louise Stange, president of the Capsule Seven chapter. Louise received the award plaque and telegrams from Leonard Nimoy and Peggye Vickers. Runners-up for the award were Vera Heminger and "Sam" Cole. Congratulations! 
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1969-70 was published in 1971 and contains 111 pages.
another inside page with a fan letter, poetry and fan art focusing on one of Nimoy's other roles in Mission Impossible
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1971 was published in 1972 and contains 136 pages.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1972 was published in 1973 and contains 78 pages. It has illos by M. L. Barnes, Karen Flanery, A. Gabier, Edna Glogowska, Alice Jones, A. Niras, M.E. Rabogliatti, Louise Stange, and C. Toosey.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1973 was published in 1974 and contains 169 pages. It has illos by L. Allen, J. Bass, A. Eulenberger, C. Evers, Karen Flanery, Melody Frame, L. Greenberg, Alice Jones, F. Lake, K. McCowan, C. Mitchell, Leonard Nimoy, A. Nims, S. Packham, S. Skale, Louise Stange, C. Taylor, S. Toher, C. Toosey.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1974 was published in 1975 and contains 136 pages. It has illos by Ruth Berman, A. Chapman, D. Collin, K. Flanery, L. Greenberg, A. Landholdt, A. Nims, M. Pereira, S. Pomeroy, R. Sikes, L. Stange, S. Toher, J. Townsend, D. Trapp, and B. Veiz.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1975 was published in 1976 and contains 136 pages. It has illos by V. Bedene, Ruth Berman, A. Chapman, Debbie Collin, Karen Flanery, Cheryl Frashure, L. Greenberg, Signe Landon, A. Nims, M. Rante, L. Smailey, Louise Stange, C. Taylor, Sue Toher and B. Veiz.
It focuses on Nimoy's career and features a letter to the group from Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, Baffled, Assault on the Wayne,stage roles, interviews, Q&A's, and tons of photos, most of them candid ones taken by fans.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1976 was published in 1977 and contains 149 pages.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1977 was published in 1978 and contains 143 pages. The art by Charlene Taylor, P.S. Nim, Louise Stang, Debbie Collin, Alice Mimbs, Vivian Bedene, Alice Jones, Carol Walske, Tomoko Takenaga, Mike Bouchillon, Sylvia Gehrke, Sue Toher, Manelle Ranta, Alma Chapman, Nan Lewis, and J. Shuman. Contains such material as questions to Leonard Nimoy by club members, trivia, a review of "Equus" in which Nimoy was appearing on Broadway, and offset printed photographs.
- The LNAF 1)
- Newsletter from Leonard Nimoy (5)
- Newsletter from Louise Stange. (9)
- Charity Chatter by Gloria Lillibridge and Louise Stange (15)
- Chapter Action by S, Cornelie "Sam" Cole (17)
- Fen Pal News by Bonnie Laney (17)
- LNAF Salute! (19)
- Clubs of Note (20)
- Happy 1976 (20)
- Your Questions to Leonard Nimoy (21)
- Repeat That? by Sheila Giffin (28)
- My Corner of the World (29)
- Overheard in Passing (35)
- Leonard Nimoy Network (36)
- Leonard Nimoy Clippings (42)
- And Now A Word From Our Soonsor (44)
- Trek Tongue Twisters by Sheila Giffin (49)
- Sunflower for Nimoy by Mary Ann Napoleone (50)
- Leonard Nimoy Visits LPAF Headquarters by Louise Stance, LNAF President (53)
- The IDIC by Vivian Bedene (56)
- The Vulcan Soul by Jolie Smith (59)
- Being an LN Fan Is (61)
- Fans by Mary Ellen Pattison (63)
- Return of the Night Before Christmas by Debbie Collin (64)
- Leonard Nimoy Addresses the STAR TREK America Convention - Sept. 3, 1977, transcribed by Louise Stange (65)
- Daffynitions (73)
- LNAFers Lyrics (74)
- Trivia by Pam Ebner (76)
- Starring Leonard Nimoy (77)
- A Trip That Almost Wasn't - The 1977 STAR TREK America Convention, photos by Louise Stange, LNAF President, a long, long con report, well worth a read (83)
- EQUUS - Act III, fiction by Leslye Lilker (96)
- Thank You, Leonard by Pat Jencks (99)
- You Won't Believe This But (101)
- Roles by Vivian Bedene (104)
- The Genesis, fiction by Teri White (105)
- Reflections of EQUUS by Roberta Jacobs (108)
- Illogical Interludes by Sheila Ciffin (111)
- Trek Ticklers by Alma Chapman (112)
- Meeting Leonard Nimoy (119)
- The LNAF by Vivian Bedene (139)
- Greetings from Leonard Nimoy (140)
- Art Credits (141)
- Photo Credits (142)
inside page from 1977 issue, P.S. Nim
inside page from 1977 issue, D.L. Collin
inside page from 1977 issue, Carol Walske
inside page from 1977 issue, Nan Lewis
inside page from 1977 issue, Sue Toher
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1978 was published in 1979 and contains 98 pages. The art is by Charlene Taylor, P. S. Nim, Louise Stang, Debbie Collin, Alice Mimbs, Vivian Bedene, Lou Smalley, Brigette Veiz, Sue Nielsen, Karen Flanery, Sue Toher, Mary Bohdanowicz, and Alma Chapman. Contains such material as questions by Leonard Nimoy by club members, trivia, a look at "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and the new "Star Trek" movie, and offset printed photographs.
- The LNAF (4)
- Newsletter from Leonard Nimoy (5)
- Newsletter from Louise Stange (8)
- Charity Chatter by Gloria Lillibridge and Louise Stange (14)
- Chapter Action by S. Cornelie "Sam" Cole (19)
- Pen Pal News by Bonnie Laney (19)
- Happy 1979 (19)
- LNAF Salute! (21)
- Clubs of Note (22)
- For You and I (22)
- Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Production Notes (23)
- It’s Here (29)
- You Won’t Believe This But (30)
- Leonard Nimoy Network (33)
- Ask Louise (37)
- Sharing, poem by Carolyn Salazar (42)
- And Now a Word from Our Sponsor (45)
- A Man of Many Talents by Ellen Evans (48)
- Starring Leonard Nimoy (49)
- The Gemini, poem by Patricia Cannell (52)
- Star Trek Statistics (53)
- LNAFers Lyrics (60)
- Nightmare, fiction by Marshia Query (62)
- My Corner of the World (65)
- Star Warps by Debbie Collin and Louise Stange (69)
- Leonard Nimoy Clippings (71)
- Being an LN Fan Is (74) (testimonials)
- Thank You, poem by Brigitte Veiz (76)
- Trek Ticklers (cartoons) by Alma Chapman (77)
- Meeting Leonard Nimoy (83)
- Greetings from Leonard Nimoy (91)
- art and photo credits (92)
inside 1978 issue, Star Warps by Debbie Collin and Louise Stange, see Star Trek and Star Wars
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1979 was published in 1980.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1980 was published in 1981.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1981 was published in 1982.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1982 was published in 1983.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1983 was published in 1984.
Leonard Nimoy Association of Fans Yearbook 1984 was published in 1985.
- from the LNAF Yearbook 1978
- from Plak-Tow #12 (January 1969)