Darcy Lewis/Steve Rogers
|Pairing:||Darcy Lewis/Steve Rogers|
|Alternative name(s):||Shieldshock , Starcy|
|Gender category:||Het, M/F|
|Fandom:||Thor Movieverse/Captain America Movieverse (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The pairing started to appear by November 2011, months after the first Thor and Captain America films were released. However, it wasn't until 2012 and after the release of The Avengers film that the pairing's popularity grew. The LiveJournal community, steve_darcy, was created in August 2012. By 2013, a few big name fans - victoria_p, sarcastic_fina, Merideath - posted Darcy/Steve fanfiction, which probably gained the ship more followers. The two Tumblr blogs were created in 2013: darcy-and-steve was opened in February and fuckyeahstevedarcy opened in April.
Common Fanon & Themes
- Darcy catching Steve up with history, technology and/or pop culture.
- Virgin!fic, in which mainly Steve but sometimes Darcy are virgins. First Times appear often.
- Domestic fics where they are living together, established relationship, pregnant, or kid!fic are all fairly common.
- First Meetings
- A few fics have Darcy and Steve not getting along at first or having bad first couple interactions before coming to an understanding and liking each other.
- Taking care of and/or finding Bucky is also fairly common theme in Darcy/Steve works - often Darcy is captured by Hydra and Steve or Bucky saves her. In fanworks Bucky often encourages Steve to make a move with Darcy, others usually have Natasha, Tony or Clint doing so.
- Alternate Universes
- Threesomes or in a polygamy relationship with Bucky Barnes
- Shield Shock is the fanciful name of Darcy/Steve pairing and the most popular. This name comes from Steve's Captain America Shield and Darcy's tazor which gives people a shock.
- Starcy is the smushname of Darcy and Steve, and is rarely used.
- The reports about my love life have been greatly exaggerated written by Amerna, rated teen: "When an accidental meeting between two strangers is blown way out of proportions Darcy Lewis finds herself in the middle of a media onslaught that proclaims her to be “Captain America’s super cute ordinary lady love”.
- Through Our Eyes written by DaisyLuuWho Steve and Darcy know each other very well before Steve even becomes the First Avenger. It started even before they knew what was going on. [In Your Eyes movie AU]
- How to Marry a Superhero written by katiedid, rated teen: So you want to marry a superhero? Depending on the superhero, the task may be next to impossible. But if you can manage to follow Darcy Lewis' 10 Easy Steps, you may find yourself with a ring on your finger in no time. Or you may start a Civil War. Either way, good times.
- A Sticky Situtation of Star Spangled Proportions written by katiedid, rated teen:Thor asked for protection for his little Lightening Sister, Darcy Lewis. Having her permanently stuck to her unrequited crush Steve Rogers was probably not what he had in mind.
- Direction by boombangbing, Steve is not ninety four years old, he's barely twenty seven and he has no idea what he's doing. It's a good thing he's not the only one. (Post-The Avengers, First Time, Series, podfic)
- V is for Victory by daniellemydear, rated teen: When a mishap with Loki sends Darcy Lewis back to 1942 and right into the path of a pre-serum Steve Rogers, how much will history change and how much was destiny all along?
- Break The Ice written by fade_like_starlight, After Steve is photographed at a publicity event with a woman who is 'almost' wearing a dress, Fury demands that Coulson fix it. Rather than shutting down the entire tabloid magazine industry (which really is outside SHIELD's parameters), Coulson takes a different approach and decides to find a girlfriend for the Captain.
- Darcy "Lois Lane" Lewis series by cornmouse, rated Explicit, Darcy meets a handsome stranger in a Manhattan bar on Christmas Eve and takes him home with her. A running joke of stories where Darcy is hilariously, awkwardly, and ridiculously in the dark about Steve Rogers' spangly, spandexed career, a la Lois Lane. (Secret Identity, Post-CA:TWS, Christmas/New Years, Bearded!Steve)
- If There's a Future, We Want It (Now) written by AudeTheThird , rated Teen : Darcy Lewis was born in the early 1900's, and winds up living in a dingy apartment complex above these two fellas. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Seafoam Eyes written by wineandroses, rated Mature : What makes the years we live important is how we choose to live them... and who we choose to live them with. [Darcy has Benjamin Button disease]
- Making a Memory written by Blinded-Kit, rated teen: Darcy kidnaps Steve to show him all the history she can before S.H.I.E.L.D figures out where she has taken him.
- Skipping written by missmissa85, rated teen: You don't just skip through sixty years of American history. The results are often quite painful, as a young intern has to explain to an Army Captain out of his era.
- Rest Your Arms written by innocent-vessel, rated teen: Steve Rogers didn't like Darcy Lewis. Not much. Not at first.
- Hey There, Stranger (Wanna Fall In Love?) written by sarcastic_fina, rated teen: New to New York, Darcy was just trying to adapt and find her place when a stalker sends her right into the seat across from Steve Rogers, a stranger struggling with his own journey in life. In each other, they find both friendship and so much more.
- Freaking Hipsters written by anothersouladrift, rated teen: The dame was not only built like a pin up, but had spotted that he was Captain America, and called him out on it. And on top of all that, she had made a comic book joke? Steve thought he might be a little bit in love.
- How Do I Not Know About This? written by Erica_T, rated teen: Steve Rogers is a private person. Tony knows this. So why does Lewis know everything about him?
- Steve wakes up in 2048 written by boombangbing, a Almost Human fusion, where Steve wakes up in 2048 and is partnered up with an DRC android, named Darcy.
- Food for Thought written by AmazonX, Steve isn't adjusting to the 21st century as well as most people think. A lot of things are different, especially the food.
- 7A WF 83429 written by musesfool, rated Adult, "In the box where it says, "If you do not have a significant other at the time of the biochemical event, to whom do you grant consent to have sex with you should circumstances require it?" Darcy writes, "Captain America." Because that's a thing that's ever going to happen." (Sex Pollen)
- sushi pajamas (and other weapons of mass destruction) written by sevenfoxes, rated Teen, Seven times the Avengers' weapons have liked Darcy better (and one time the Avenger liked her even more). Because who the hell wouldn't? (Teamfic)
- Candy Crush by ac_MaryAgnes, Darcy had a crush on Captain America. And one on Steve Rogers. And no, there was no way she'd ever be able to actually talk to him. Dude was like Mary Poppins - practically perfect in every way. And Darcy... well, she was also practically perfect, but when it came to actually talking to someone she was attracted to... not so much. But that didn't mean she couldn't say anything at all. (also has Jane/Thor and Clintasha)
- shines when the sunset shifts by Merideath, "Who's a good boy?" Darcy says, voice cracking as she kneels down on the frost covered ground beside the dog, wincing at the pain in her knee. (Supernatural AU)
- Riding Out the Day's Events by GlynnisIsta8, SHIELD's fall had ramifications for all characters in the Avengers MCU, including Darcy Lewis. When Darcy goes to visit Erik Selvig in a SHIELD psychiatric hospital after a few days of living unplugged (& sulking over a breakup), she gets a lot more than she bargained for, and then finds her way more and more into the Avengers' world... and Steve Rogers' life. (Post-CA:TWS, Slow build, Torture/PTSD - also includes Jane/Thor, Betty/Bruce. WIP.)
- Between Heaven And Hell by katiedid, Darcy Lewis should not have left Jane unsupervised. The brilliant astrophysicist was one stale Pop-Tart away from doing something to promote her to accidental supervillain status. In a blast her best friend was sent to a deserted tropical island with a few surprise guests. (Post AOU/CA:TWS, Bucky/Natasha)
- Accidentally in love
- Back In Time Trailer
- True strength
- Can you hold me, inspired by the fic Through Our Eyes by DaisyLuuWho
- Can't pretend MV
- The Stark Legacy, a AU Tony Stark & Darcy/Steve vid.
- All You Wanted
- someone stop the clock, before the good gets lost
- I'd Come For You
- A Trailer (Darcy/Steve Vid)
- Taking Over Me (Darcy/Steve Vid)
- Darcy and Steve - Brave
- Steve hadn’t heard “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Darcy decided to remedy that.
- It’s serious / I’ve got to find you when I start to feel this way
- Darcy and Steve finally get some alone time., Archived version, a gif set by pastatheory
- Darcy/Steve by bootycap
- Darcy/Steve sketch by melifair for "Roll Call" fic, Archived version(Version 2)
Archives & Fannish Links
- Darcy Lewis/Steve Rogers tag on AO3.
- Darcy/Steve fanfiction on FFN (Avengers/Thor crossovers)
- Darcy/Steve fanfiction on FFN (Captain America/Thor crossovers)
- Tumblr tags: shieldshock, shield shock, darcy x steve, steve x darcy, steve and darcy, darcy and steve
- Darcy and Steve
- Darcy/Steve tag at FuckYeahDarcyLewis
- The Avengers Ship Masterlist
- Not including Loki appearing as Steve/Captain America in Thor 2 as a cameo disguise.
- Victoria_p publishes you and your high top sneakers and your sailor tattoos at AO3 on November 3, 2011 and radioaches publishes An Old Solution at LJ on November 23, 2011.
- Steve_Darcy created on 13 August 2012.
- darcy-and-steve archive February 2013. First posts began on February 5. (Accessed November 8, 2015).
- Hello there!. April 19, 2013. (Accessed November 8, 2015).