sushi pajamas (and other weapons of mass destruction)
|Title:||sushi pajamas (and other weapons of mass destruction)|
|Date(s):||May 26, 2014|
|Genre:||Teen (rating), Crack-y|
|Fandom:||The Avengers Movieverse (MCU)|
|External Links:||at AO3|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
- Steve is at her door in his uniform. And okay, yeah, Darcy's had some pretty fantastic dreams that have started like this before, but usually she's not in her sushi pajama bottoms and her CLINTON '08 t-shirt, rocking hair she hasn't washed in two days that is currently doing an awesome imitation of a badly groomed poodle on top of her head.
- "Sorry, Darcy," he says quietly. "Assemble order."
- Darcy is realllll slow on the uptake at ass 'ofuckingclock in the morning, so she just kind of gapes at him like a dying trout that's been plucked out of the water. She forgot her glasses in her room, so Steve - and the rest of the world - is a bit blurry, and her brain is just not firing on all cylinders.
- "My shield," Steve says, clearly embarrassed. He doesn't have his cowl-y helmet thing on and he scratches his head and then his ear, looking anywhere but at her.
- "Ohhhhh," Darcy replies, turning around to lurch back to her bedroom like a yeti.
- "Seven times the Avengers' weapons have liked Darcy better (and one time the Avenger liked her even more). Because who the hell wouldn't?"
Main Characters & Shipping
- Darcy Lewis
- Steve Rogers
- Jane Foster
- Thor Odinson
- Tony Stark
- Clint Barton
- Bucky Barnes
- Natasha Romanov
- Bruce Banner
- "Okay, the initial idea for this fic started off from a freaking brilliant tumblr post by roxashighwind about how Darcy could lift Mjolnir, which my brain turned into this. It was supposed to be like, 2K.
- It has the dumbest title ever because I just could not think of a good one. Oh well. In for penny, in for a pound."
Reception & Reviews
As of February 20, 2015: the fic has 131 comments, 1552 Kudos, and 493 Bookmarks at AO3.
"I laughed hysterically through this entire story, it was absolutely fantasmic. ...bahaha so awesome. Great job!"
"That was such a perfect ending I mean seriously. Loved the entire thing and I love how you went through each Avenger and her relationship with them and some of the items in their lives and I loved each scenario. Loved it!"
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I mean. Well. I kind of love this a lot. Like everything about it. I think my favorite part is still Bucky's section, because Thing and using the arm as a can-opener is BRILLIANT. But I also like the Steve sections too. I also really enjoyed Natasha's bit (though I must admit I was expecting something with the widow's bite). AND THOR AND THE BALLROOM DANCING. Also, Clint's accidental boomerang arrows. Because boomerang. ALSO BRUCE. BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE. And Hulk. That was perfection. Yes. I loved this story. <33333333"
"I blame you for my entire neighborhood thinking there is a lunatic in my house. I sat in my room with the windows open and cackled like a fiend through the whole thing! Seriously, anyone who uses whackadoodle in a sentence is my type of author. This is hilarious and awesome. Your brain must be an entertaining place if this fantastically funny story comes out of it!"
"The saddest part of this is that I can't leave kudos every time I come back and read this again. FANTASTIC! Every part of it, bar none!"
Works Inspired By It
- Ultimately, Tony was deemed to be unworthy, no matter how hard he tried to sweet-talk Mjolnir into letting him pick it up. by i-eat-men-like-air
- Darcy & Mew-Mew artwork by feanorinleatherpants
- Darcy & Mew-Mew, plus Tony, Bruce & Steve artwork by feanorinleatherpants
- Darcy & Natasha artwork by feanorinleatherpants
- Fic Poster by thisisrealitsreal
- jcanderson33. Comment at AO3. Posted 26 May 2014. (Accessed February 20, 2015)
- sakura_blossom62. Comment at AO3. Posted 26 May 2014. (Accessed February 20, 2015)
- theladyscribe. Comment at AO3. Posted 26 May 2014. (Accessed February 20, 2015)
- KBDownie (CommanderAwesome). Comment at AO3. Posted 26 May 2014. (Accessed February 20, 2015)
- KittyWings01. Comment at AO3. Posted 20 Oct 2014. (Accessed February 20, 2015)