Pages in this category can use the meta essay template.
This category has the following 55 subcategories, out of 55 total.
- ► Pro Author Meta (38 P, 1 F)
- ► Glee Meta (3 P)
- ► IT Meta (empty)
- ► Labels & Warnings Meta (25 P)
- ► RPF Meta (48 P)
- ► Science Fiction Meta (14 P, 3 F)
- ► Sentinel Meta (51 P)
- ► Sherlock Holmes Meta (13 P)
- ► Sime~Gen Meta (12 P, 1 F)
- ► Slash Meta (1 C, 306 P, 12 F)
- ► Smallville Meta (5 P)
- ► Star Trek Meta (1 C, 293 P, 30 F)
- ► Star Wars Meta (131 P, 26 F)
- ► Star Wars TPM Meta (6 P)
- ► Stargate Meta (39 P)
- ► Starsky & Hutch Meta (44 P, 4 F)
- ► Supernatural Meta (15 P)
- ► Tolkien Meta (31 P, 5 F)
- ► Zine Meta (57 P, 1 F)
Pages in category "Meta Essays"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 2,213 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- A Different Kind of Love Song (essay)
- A History of Russian-Language Fanfiction
- The A-Z Shortcut
- About our "broken" fan culture
- About Two Million, Six Hundred and Seventy-Five Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Words
- Abuse (1998 essay by torch)
- Abusing the Abused: A Survivor's View of Abusefic
- Academia and Fandom: What is the Role of the Ivory Tower?
- Academia Explores the Final Frontier: A look at fandom theses and dissertations
- Add lesbians
- The Advantages of Erotic Fan Fiction as an Art Form
- The Advantages of Fan Fiction as an Art Form
- Adventures in Reading Darkover Stories Without Having to Write Them First.
- Advice for Slash Writers
- Again? we're having this debate again?
- Age of Consent? Ptui. What About the Real Problems?
- Aggressiveness in Females: Biological or Sociological?
- Aim for the head: How Supernatural fandom is like a zombie movie
- Alas, Babylon
- Alexis Fegan Black is Dead
- All About Chapel
- All About the Pairings, or From the Outside In
- ALL fanfiction violates copyright.
- All I can see of fandom is something that was once beautiful which has now become painful and almost unbearable.
- All Of The Filkers Are Singing
- 'all things' reConsidered
- All this leaving tumblr talk is making me hark back to the LJ days of old, man oh man.
- All this talk about unpopular writers reminds me of how tumblr fandom is really lonely.
- The Allure of Uhura
- Alternate Universe 4: The Writing, The Content
- Alternate Universes In Fan Fiction (essay)
- Alternative Ain't Necessarily Good
- "Alternative" Thoughts
- Am I Going To Be Sued?
- Amateur Hour, or Feedback is Not Currency
- Amateur vs. Professional - Your Approach to Fanfiction
- The Amazing Speed of the NET!
- The Americanisation of British Fandoms
- An open letter to podfic recorders/readers
- An open letter to the femslash fandom
- Analysis of torch's Ghosts and Lovers
- Analyzation Commentary of TOS for KS
- Anatomy of a Fanfic
- Ancillary Merchandising: The Selling of Other Products to Defray Costs
- Ancillary Merchandising; The Selling of Other Products to Defray Costs
- And In This Corner...
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Fanfiction as a Genre of Literature
- And Nux Was the One Receiving a Blood Transfusion
- And one more thing!
- And the Fanzines They Were Free
- And the Winner Is
- And then I said stuff.
- And, to be perfectly honest, I miss the old Harry Potter fandom.
- Angst and emotional dynamics in slash, as exemplified in Helen Raven's "Heat Trace"
- Animals - Not a Turkey
- Anne Rice Ain't Got Nothing On You, Mercedes Lackey or How One Author Successfully Killed Her Fandom, Only Half Intentionally
- Anne Rice and fanfic hypocrisy
- Annoying things in slash fanfic
- Another Addict Raves About K/S
- Another section of the slash puzzle
- Another thing that’s cool about fanfiction: it’s as long as it needs to be.
- The answer, coffeeandink, is No.
- Anti-racist principles and practices in femslash fandom
- Antishipping as the cool new trend, or: why are most antis under 25 years old?
- "Anyone who had a heart..."
- AO3 & Censorship
- AO3 as a nature preserve
- AO3 is open source.
- Ao3 mcu a:aou abo bdsm ot3 hs au pwp
- AO3 Ship Stats
- AO3 Ship Stats 2013
- AO3 Ship Stats 2014
- AO3 Ship Stats 2015
- AO3 Ship Stats 2016
- AO3 Ship Stats 2017
- AO3 Ship Stats 2019
- AO3 Ship Stats 2020
- AO3 Ship Stats 2021
- AO3's Filtration System
- Apocalypse West on the Mac and PC digital editing process
- Apology for Criticism
- The Apology!Fic Rant
- Apparently now is the time for uncomfortable truths because I’ve just had it.
- The Appeal of Death Stories
- The Appeal of the Slave Story in Fandom
- Aragorn - a feminist's nightmare?
- Archetypes in Blake's 7
- Archetypes, Heroes and Highlander
- An Archive Of One's Own (post by astolat)
- An Archive Of One's Own (post by astolat)/Comments
- Archive of our Own vs. FanLib: Why they are not succeeding
- Archive your fandom stuff
- Archives and not wanting to say "but"
- "Are All Witches in TVD Black?"
- Are we practising safe sex yet?
- Are You Out of Your Mind? Putting on a K/S Convention
- Are Your Characters Motivated?
- Ares/Joxer? Sure!
- The Art and Ethics of Boyband RPS
- Art for Yerself, Or: What to Do With It After It's Printed
- The Art of Falling Apart
- The Art of Fanfic Critique: who and what it is for
- The Art of the Plagiarist
- As a professor, may I ask you what you think about fanfiction?
- The ASCEM community
- ASCEM History ... before we loose it...
- Asexuality and Femslash
- Asking permission from the pros
- Assume the Best... Treat Fans Like Humans
- At First Sight: Chris Larabee/Vin Tanner
- At Odds: Nurse Chapel, the Original Hard Luck Kid
- Atlantis meta: time to stop and think about things
- The AtS Virtue-Chart of Heroic Characters
- AU and You
- AU's, and You! When is an alternate universe not an alternate universe
- The AUness of it All
- Author Pokes Fanfic Hive! Film at 11!
- Author's Notes OR How to Make Sure I Never Read Your Story
- Author's right to restrict comments
- Authors Behaving Badly: Why We Can't Help It and Why We Have To Knock It Off Already
- The Awful Offal
- B7 & camping it up
- The Babylon 5 Quotient
- Back in the day, I was a member of the Kevin Spacey fandom. Yes, Kevin Spacey has a fandom.
- Back-Talk: Reacting to Reviews and LoCs
- Bad Poetry, Angsty Teen Archetypes, and the Great Rock & Roll Romance
- Bakhtin vs. LJ: context in fannish discussion
- Banishing the Wild Epithet
- Banned in Anaheim
- The Baptism of Contemporary Science Fiction
- Be Careful What You Quest For
- Beat your breasts, maidens, and rend your tunics.
- Beauties and the Beast
- Beauty and Other Myths: (or, Four Things I Want in a Good Scully ep)
- Beauty and the Beast's Appeal: A Personal View
- Beauty and the Beast's Maelstorm of Mail
- Because We Love Our Gods: Mythoi, Logoi, and Real People Slash
- Becoming Real, or The Invisible Fan
- Before Hokage and After: A Tsunade Analysis
- Begging for Feedback
- The Beginner's Guide to Kraith Collected
- Beginning Writers
- Being My Own Hero: an essay on the Why and Wherefore of slash
- Believe it or not! The choice is yours!
- Benedict Cumberbatch is Not My Bitch: Some Thoughts on Objectification
- The Best of Rats, the Worst of Rats
- The Beta Reader/Writer Relationship: A Process of Negotiation and Etiquette
- Beta Readers: Finding One is Worse Than Blind Dating
- Better Than I Had Planned
- Beyond T'hy'la: Slash Analysis of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture Novel
- THE BIG ARCHIVE THAT COULDN'T (and How No One Was Very Surprised...)
- Big Bad Love: Thoughts on Buffy and Spike in "Beneath You"
- The Big List of Fanfic Peeves
- The Big List of K/S Cliches
- The Bigger They Come: The Trials and Tribulations of Megazines
- Biphobia In Slash
- Birth of the Audiozine
- The Bisto Kids: Shipper's Manifesto
- A Bit About FictionAlley
- Bitter Old Fic Queens and Why They Need to Get Over It
- Blair Sandburg - Not a Wimp!
- Blurring the Lines: Online or in Print, It's Still K/S
- BNF's! What is this of which you speak??
- BNFs and the prevalence of epics?
- A Bodie By Any Other Name...
- Bodie's Bodies
- The Bodies of the Girls Who Made Me: Fanfic and the Modern World
- Boldly Going... 25 Years On
- The Book of Nile Manifesto
- A Borg's Eye View
- Boucher, Backbone and Blake - The Legacy of Blake's 7
- Boy Band Slash Doesn't Suck
- Braving the Canadian Border
- Breaking into Print: Publishing Yourself
- A Brief and Very Personal History of Slash
- A brief history of fandom, for the teenagers on here who somehow think tumblr invented fandom
- A BRILLIANT Reason For Why Floo Powder Exists
- Bringing Home the Bacon
- The broccoli test (2004 essay)
- Buffy and Angel: All Paths Lead Home
- Buffy and Spike: A Love Story
- Buffy and Spike: An Exercise in Futility
- Buffy Love, Lust and Trust -- A Relationship Analysis
- Building a Story
- The Burden of Popularity
- But... what if I can do something?
- Butch Visibility and Femslash