Beep-beep, Eddie Kaspbrak
|Title:||Beep-beep, Eddie Kaspbrak|
|Author(s):||Ragno, Archived version on AO3, Ragno_MJJ, Archived version on Twitter & Arrephoros, Archived version on Tumblr|
|Date(s):||Published: 18 October 2017|
Completed: 30 October 2017
|Length:||28,433 words, 5 chapters|
|Genre:||, Canon Divergence, Coming of Age, First Kiss, First Time, Friends to Lovers, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort|
|External Links:||AO3, Archived version|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Eddie Kaspbrak is 16 years old and he's fighting against himself and the way he feels and the way he thinks.
- Period-Typical Homophobia
- (& in order of appearance)
- Discussion of venomous animals (snakes) and the injury they may cause
- Mention of asphyxiation (no actual danger)
- Minor spitting
- Psychosomatic asthma attack
- Underage drinking
- Underage smoking
- Underage smoking
- Minor violence
- Mention of racism
- Minor character de*th mention
- Underage smoking
- Angst related to romance
- Mention of violence between friends, spurred by the desire to be harmed
- Mention of panic attacks/panicking
- Thoughts of self-harm
- Driving without a license
- Drug use (self-medicating)
- Serious talk of self-harm as a form of coping/self-medicating
- Implied/referenced child neglect (this occurs throughout the whole fic, but is very subtle and open to interpretation until now)
Additional, Untagged Tropes
- Beverly Ships Reddie
- Climbing Through Eddie's Window
- Flipping the Bird
- Hand Holding
- Hand Humping
- Head Kissing
- Lip Biting
- Richie Gives Eddie His Inhaler
- Richie Tozier Is a Musician
- Sex Proposal
- Sharing a Bed
- Sharing Clothes
- The Silent Treatment
- 'You Love Me'
- 'You're Perfect'
- Anal Fingering
- Back Petting
- Bottom Eddie Kaspbrak
- Brushing Hair Behind an Ear
- Chest Kissing
- Earlobe Biting
- Forehead Touching
- Hair Touching
- Hiding One's Face in a Neck
- 'I'm Yours'
- Loss of Virginity
- Love Confession
- Making Out
- Movie Night
- Neck Kissing
- Praise Kink
- Sleepover (trope)
- Temple Kissing
- Top Richie Tozier
- Coming Out to a third-party, then to Bill Denbrough
- Emotional Hurt/Comfort (Bill Denbrough & Eddie Kaspbrak)
- Hair Touching (Bill Denbrough & Eddie Kaspbrak)
- Hugging (Bill Denbrough & Eddie Kaspbrak)
Reactions & Reviews
Oh Jesus this is so good. PLEASE don't stop. I'm honestly dying on the edge of my seat. You are a very great writer- able to capture the main character's emotions while still focusing on the rest of them. I also wanna understand why Richie flipped out on Mike and stuff. And knowing fanfiction, I know this won't just be the end. So excited. :)
Omg this story is killing me, am so emotional right now, poor Eddie - he's suffered so much, I just want everything to work out for them :(
Your writing is epic by the way, you've written the characters in such a deep and complex way and everything feels so realistic and believable.IT was one of my favourite novels when I was younger but I've never read fanfic for it before - I really love what you've done with this; Eddie and Richie both feel really in character to me :)
- this is still one of my favorite fics, since I read it when I was new in the fandom and just excited and holy shit. UGHH I can't express how much I love this. There are no words. It's just... amazing. This fic is, like, a staple in the fandom. I will rec it to my grave. Eddie's inner voice is just flawless. He really feels like a teen becoming an adult. All his thoughts and feelings and his reactions are so spot on and incredible.
- beep-beep, eddie kaspbrak. AO3, Archived version. 18 October 2017.
- archiveofourown. 1 - 20 of 13418 Works in IT (Movies - Muschietti), Archived version. Accessed 01 May 2020.
- itchapter2owesmemoney. Untitled Tumblr Post, Archived version. 02 October 2019.
- stanpool. Comment on Chapter 1, Archived version. 04 November 2017.
- honeycombkiss. Comment on Chapter 2, Archived version. 13 September 2019.
- ghostsballad. Comment on Chapter 3, Archived version. 26 October 2017.
- elorianna. Comment on Chapter 4, Archived version. 21 August 2019.
- longingly. Comment on Chapter 5, Archived version. 21 September 2018.