|Alternative name(s):||Tyrannus Basilton "Baz" Pitch/Simon Snow, Simon/Baz|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
SnowBaz is the smushname for Simon Snow/Tyrannus Basilton 'Baz' Grimm-Pitch, the main pairing in the Carry On fandom, based on the book by Rainbow Rowell and to a lesser extent her previous work, Fangirl.
Only a few fanworks were made between the publication of Fangirl in 2013 and Carry On in 2015, mostly because there wasn't a lot known about the characters. After Carry On, the ship became canon and the number of fanworks rapidly increased. The fans were able to get to know more about the characters and became more invested in them.
SnowBaz and Drarry
Carry On is heavily inspired by Harry Potter and SnowBaz is the equivalent of Drarry. This can be seen through canon Harry Potter similarities like Simon being the chosen one and Baz coming from an old and traditional family. In addition, Rowell also added typical Drarry fanfiction tropes. For example:
- Simon and Baz are stuck together as roommates and there's no possibility of changing it.
- Baz is a vampire. Draco is often some kind of magical creature like vampire or Veela in fanfiction.
- Baz is very similar to LeatherPants!Draco.
- Simon is obsessed with Baz being evil and stalks him, especially when he was still younger.
- Simon & Baz drawings by i-am-weis   .
- Nice save, Baz. Digital drawings/mini comic by deanneedsyou.
- I didn’t realize how much I needed Snowbaz in my life until I read Carry On. Comic by grickenfish.
- Once Upon a Time by followsrabbit (2.5k, not rated.)
- Five times they didn't (and one time they did) by redbeard (6k, Explicit.)
- This Is Mr. Pitch by standalone (100k, Explicit.)
- You'll Be Mine & I'll Be Yours by halotolerant. (5k, Explicit)
- Halfway Through the Wood by elizajane. (16k, Explicit)
- Posted to Tumblr Nov 17, 2015, accessed May 4, 2016.
- Posted to Tumblr March 3, 2016, accessed May 4, 2016.
- Posted to YouTube Oct 10, 2015, accessed May 4, 2016.
- Posted to YouTube Oct 10, 2015, accessed May 20, 2016.