|Type:||vidder, fan writer|
|Fandoms:||X-Files, VR.5, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Space Precinct, Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Slayers, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Crying Freeman, Forever Knight, Highlander, Crash, "everything creepy James Spader made in the 80s and 90s," Harry Potter, Horatio Hornblower, Sherlock Holmes, Onmyouji, Hilary Tamar mysteries, Gabriel Knight, Supernatural, The Prestige, Speed Racer, Ocean's 11, Brothers Grimm, The Mummy, White Collar, Hawaii Five-0, Fringe, Nochnoy Dozor, Starsky & Hutch, CSI: Miami, Miami Vice, Wiseguy, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Smoke Signals, The Losers, Haven, Grimm, Longmire, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (both flavors), The Force Awakens, vidding, meta|
|URL:||at AO3, on Dreamwidth, on Livejournal|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
She has been in fandom since the mid-90s.
She is notable for using her real name in fandom.
Her biography from the OTW website states:
Franzeska Dickson does back office work in finance. Always a geek, she was introduced to fanfiction by alt.tv.x-files at the tender age of 13 and has been in fanworks fandom ever since, first as a reader, then a writer and beta, and now a vidder. Her favorite venues and events are pan-fandom ones, including her own rare Asian fandoms exchange. She has previously served on the Content, Abuse, Webmasters, and Tag Wrangling Committees as well as filling various other volunteering positions within OTW.
Franzeska got into fandom via Usenet in February 1994, when she was 13. She later moved on to eGroups/Onelist/Yahoo Groups and Fanfiction.net but left FFN for MediaMiner and FictionAlley. She was active on Livejournal during the heyday of journal-based fandom. As of 2014, she is mostly active on Dreamwidth and AO3 but remains subscribed to a number of mailing lists and is sporadically active on Tumblr. She has become interested in zines in the 2010s.
Franzeska started out mostly discussing canon or lurking and reading fic, which she still does in many, many fandoms. Times she has been more visible in fandoms include:
- Moderating the Saitou x Sano Appreciation Society yahoo group
- Betaing Love Under Will
- Running Parallels
- Running TroublesFest
- Hosting a weekly fannish meetup at her house
Franzeska is a big fan of cons. She has attended Yaoi-Con, SHareCon, VividCon, CON.TXT, Escapade, BASCon, and others. She is also known to be a regular at fail-fandomanon and famed for the terrifying length of her gift exchange letters.
- A Certain Clarity: 2001. Her first fanfic, written as angry responsefic to a Rurouni Kenshin fanfic in which Saitou Hajime committed suicide because he erroneously thought Sano was dead. (Unsurprisingly full of Franzeska's favorite trope.)
- Tentacles: 2009. Likely the first tentacle porn in Merlin fandom.
- Working Title: 2010. The originating story of the Ghost Soup Infidel Blue fandom, complete with fictional flamewar. Franzeska organized the recruiting of the initial wankers through #yuletide chat.
- "Nobody But Uncle Ben" or "Even Bad Women Love Their Mommas": A Non-Tragedy in a Whole Bunch of Acts: 2012. A Losers big bang story, the title of which refers to an old joke about US comics. Needless to say, this fic also contains Franzeska's favorite trope.
- Caramelo--Miami Vice. Aug, 2011. Gina/Trudy femslash vid. Vidder comments are here. Notable for the response it caused at VividCon: People did not realize what the source was or what era it was from due to the main male characters being cut out.
- Baby, I'm a Star--Carlton/Will from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Jan, 2012. Notable for being one of Franzeska's most popular vids.
- It's All Coming Back to Me Now--Miami Vice. Feb, 2012. A dramatic reenactment of the Sonny Burnett arc. Vidder comments are here. Notable for forcing a lot of irritated people to listen to Celine Dion.
- Who Wants (to Vid This Song)--Sherlock. Feb, 2012. A response to the angst at the end of season 2. Vidder comments are here. Notable for its commentary on a particular moment in fandom as well as for parodying the Highlander credits, bringing together an older fandom and a new one.
- What *Are* You Talking About--Clint/Coulson. Feb, 2013. Notable for using a famously cliched vidsong to comment on fanon and shipping dynamics in Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom.
- Captain Kidd--Haven. Aug, 2013. A character study of Duke Crocker and his arc through the first three seasons. Vidder comments are here. Notable for successfully pimping people into the fandom.
Franzeska started posting to Livejournal in 2002 and wrote many meta posts during Livejournal's heyday. She also wrote Your Vagina is a Bigot; My Vagina is a Saint in 2016. She has been known to do fan art very occasionally. She has done some fan translation from Spanish and Japanese to English.
A scarf painted with the lighthouse from Haven