|Name:||alt.tv.x-files, aka ATX or ATXF|
|Date(s):||December 1993 - present|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- The Limerick Hoax: A rumor perpetuated by gizzie, and others, that there was a "lost" X-Files episode set in Boston where Mulder wears a fisherman's sweater and encounters a leprechaun. The majority of the newsgroup took it at face value until one member stepped forward to reveal it was a joke.
- Luke, I am your father: In the first and second seasons of the show, there were persistent threads going around that had Scully as Mulder's secret sister, various people/things from episodes as their long lost gardener/second grade teacher/house plant, and so on. This started with a lot of Star Wars jokes about Mulder and the Cigarette Smoking Man.
- Reportedly, in the first season of the show, a passenger manifest in one episode lists prominent atxf posters.
- The Smoking Man was first coined on atxf. It was later referenced in canon as "Cancer Man".
- Laura Capozzola: Most prolific poster in the history of ATX, with 18,942 posts.
- Alan Hurshman: Second most prolific with 12,042.
- Gizzie: Third most prolific with 10,503.
- Edmund Jimenez: Troll.
- a late 1990s directory to fans, a "who's who," is here
- The X-Files FAQ (November 1, 1997), Archived version
- Newbie Info Kiosk, Archived version
- Ye Olde ATXF community on LiveJournal