|Fandoms:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In The K/S Press #1 her artwork in Scattered Stars #8 was reviewed: "Even though this is from '94, already I believe there's a change in Deeb's portrayals of Kirk and Spock. This pen and ink drawing of Spock shows him chained to a stone wall. No one looks sexier chained to a stone wall than Spock, but already there's a hint of darkness. I am really intrigued by this direction in Deeb's beautiful and skilled artwork."
In the history of Star Trek K/S zine Legacy, Deeb's artwork was the subject of discussion in Dribbling Scribbling Women: The History of Our Art by Liz Woledge. Fanzine editor Dovya writes:"I know that I too often enjoy a piece of art which though not technically perfect is very evocative nonetheless. I certainly don’t require a photo-real image to adore a picture. I think Deeb’s pen and inks spring to mind here, I note that I have saved some six of her drawings in my favourites file and although they are never hyper real they have that excitement and joy and passion which I think is part of the essence of K/S."
Deeb has won numerous Philon Awards
- her cover from Festival won a Silver Philon Award in 2001.
- her interior art from Amazing Grace #4 won her a Bronze Philon Award in 2000
- her interior art Crystal Dreams in Beyond Dreams #1 won her a Gold Philon Award in in 1999
- her interior art The Kiss in Amazing Grace—Special Edition won a Silver Philon Award in 1998
- her frontispiece in T'hy'la #18 won Bronze Philon Award in 1998