|Trope · Genre|
|Related:||Alternate Universe, Coffee Shop AU, Bakery AU, GBBO AU, Baking AU, College AU, College AU, Mundane AU|
|See Also:||Food in Fanworks|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Specific subsets of the Chef AUs include "Top Chef" AUs, "Masterchef" AUs, "Iron Chef" AUs, Disney Movie "Ratatouille" AUs, food truck AUs etc.
- The Foodieverse by copperbadge and blackglass, reena_jenkins, scifigrl47. 2013-?. Summary for Part 1: Steve Rogers just wanted to sell good, nourishing, cheap food from his food truck. Now the crazy fusion chefs from TOBRU are calling him a hipster, the avant garde restaurant "Shield" across the street has declared war on chains, and...well, then there's Thor, who thinks Steve's habit of licking food is weird.
- Catholic!Frank and Artist!Gerard Not!Fic by sena, Gabe/Mikey, 2011. So, Frank's life is pretty good. He's got awesome fucking friends and he loves his job. Like, he loves it, making really delicious food for people, nourishing them and filling them up. Podfic by podcath, Podfic by KateMonster.
- (podfic of) A Tale of Love and Protein by crazybutsound, Frank Iero/Pedicone, 2011. The duel between Mike's spicy Southwestern cuisine and Frank's vegetarian/fusion Italian food has been a long time coming, and both of them have acquired vocal supporters and violent detractors along the way – including each other.
- With Abandon or Not At All by bewaretheides15, Jared/Jensen, 2011. Jensen's life was complicated enough when his biggest worry was what crazy color his best friend/roommate/ex-boyfriend/co-executive chef, Jared, was going to dye his hair this week. Then his dreams came true and, somehow, his life started falling apart. Now he's got an insane client to please, a career-making meal to cook, a hodge-podge kitchen staff to corral, embarrassing, half-naked pictures plastered all over the internet and maybe, somewhere in there, a love of his life to win back.
- Kisses Sweeter Than Wine, by topaz119, Jared/Jensen, 2010. Summary: Texas in July is not exactly where Jensen Ackles has any desire to be, but a job's a job and interviewing Jared Padalecki, the most famous and successful winner of America's Next Celebrity Chef for Saveur magazine isn't something Jensen's going to turn down.
- Nights 'Round the Table by rhosyn_du and mellow-dk, Merlin/Arthur & others, 2011. Summary: San Francisco Bay Area punk foodie AU. When Uther buys a culinary-focused TV station for his new bride, Catrina, it's up to Arthur to get it cable-ready. Unfortunately for everyone involved, Arthur's idea of haute cuisine is putting your pizza on a plate instead of eating it straight out of the box.
- Romance at the Roadkill Grill, by lamardeuse, McKay/Sheppard, 2010. In which Rodney is a famous TV chef and John is a lobster fisherman. I am not even kidding.