|Type:||Podficcer, Fanfic Author|
|Fandoms:||Bandom, Teen Wolf, Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Hobbit, X-Men: First Class, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek (2009), RPF, Harry Potter, Leverage, etc.|
|Communities:||Archive of Our Own, Audiofic Archive, Livejournal, Amplificathon|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Reena Jenkins is a prolific podficcer and fan writer in a number of fandoms. She is particularly noteworthy for the large amount of podfic she has produced over the years and has been jokingly described as a "podfic robot" by awed bystanders on at least one occasion.
While Reena Jenkins has produced a particularly large number of fanworks within Bandom, Teen Wolf, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe fandoms, she is also a significant presence within The Hobbit, X-Men: First Class, Stargate Atlantis, and Star Trek (2009) fandoms as well as others. Although Reena previously hosted most of her works at her livejournal, she now has much of her work stored on her AO3 account as well as under her name on the AudioficArchive. She is one of the podficcers hosted at Paraka Productions, a site run by Paraka.
Reena Jenkins has an enthusiastic, immersive style of podficcing that makes it clear just how much she enjoys the material she records. Her editing and audio quality are always reliably excellent.
- Ready, Fire, Aim by gyzym and its sequels  (Steve/Tony, written before The Avengers came out in 2012)
- Knives in the Water by Green_Postit (particularly beautiful and not available on AO3) (Kirk/McCoy, Mirrorverse!AU)
- Run Until the Road Runs Out by ignipes (Steve/Bucky, Sam POV)
- Three Days on the Rack by keerawa  (Dean/Sam)
- Loki and Toni’s Excellent Adventure in World Saving by pprfaith.  (Loki/Tony Stark)
- The Ghost and the Machine by Beardsley  (Steve/Bucky, dark!AU)
- Queen's Gambit, a stunning 43 hours long.
Reena has also created a lot of cover art to go with her podfics, as well as for other podficcers. She has admitted to using Powerpoint as an image editing program.
cover art for a podfic by argentumlupine
Reena Jenkins has issued a Blanket Permission to Podfic statement:
I hardly ever write anything that's more than only vaguely ficcish, so I guess this doesn't help much in regards to podfccing... but if you do find that something I said or wrote and it prompts you to write a fic or record a fic or make some art, feel free to run with it. Just let me know when you're done, so I can oooh and ahhh over you, though. As for podficcing, I am all about the repodding. See something that I performed that you'd like to read, too? Go for it! In fact, I encourage it - my own voice tends to make me drowsy in long stretches, so it would be superfantastic to hear someone else read me a story ^___^ Again, feel free to let me know if we're podfic-twins (like birthday-twins, only we'll share podfics), so I can be generally excited in your direction.
Reena Jenkins has won the Top Points award in the Amplificathon podficcing competition for three separate years: 2011, 2013, and 2014. She was also the runner-up for the Amplificathon held in 2012.
- "speaking of reenajenkins, she utterly OBLITERATED any previous records we had for longest/most podfic submitted, turning in a whopping fifteen hours, forty minutes, and thirty-two seconds of podfic for her main gift, and that's not counting extra treats (robot ROBOT SHE'S A PODFIC ROBOT is2g)." bessyboo. #ITPE: Informal Twitter Podfic Exchange 2013, posted to the Amplificathon community 27 December 2013.
- Pod-Aware Day 1: 10 Changes in Podfic History Since 2009. See also her first Amplificathon post, August 18, 2010.
- Archive of Our Own User: reena_jenkins
- Audiofic Archive User: reena_jenkins
- Ready, Fire, Aim podfic series
- Knives in the Water
- Run Until the Road Runs Out
- Three Days on the Rack
- Loki and Toni’s Excellent Adventure in World Saving
- The Ghost and the Machine
- AO3 Profile: reena_jenkins
- AND NOW, FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL (MAYBE) BEEN WAITING FOR: FINAL! POINTS!! UPDATE!!!!
- Amplificathon Final Standings!
- Amplificathon FINAL POINTS
- Amplificathon Final Standings!