|Type:||podficcer, vidder, mod, archivist, meta writer|
|Fandoms:||Avengers, Bandom, American Idol, Stargate Atlantis, Queer As Folk (US), etc.|
|Communities:||Paraka Productions, pod_together, pod_aware, multipodicity, podfic_bingo, Amplificathon|
podfics @ audiofic archive
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
She describes her fannish history in her dreamwidth profile:
I have, at times been a podficer, vidder, community mod and, on very rare occasions, fic writer. Mostly these days I obsess over podfic. ...
I'm mostly mono-fanish although I will occasionally branch out into more than one fandom at a time. Queer as Folk was my first online fandom and I was in there for about 2 years. I drabbled for a couple months in the Harry Potter (Snarry) fandom, but then discovered Stargate Atlantis where I spent the next 3 years. Now I'm happily obsessing over Adam Lambert and Kris Allen in American Idol Season 8 fandom. :DI've also dabbled in American Idol S7, Lost Girl, Merlin, Supernatural, J2, Numb3rs, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (♥), Reaper, Torchwood and Doctor Who.
Along with creating many fanworks, Paraka is known for being one of the most prominent pro-podfic voices in the community, helping the community develop, defend itself when wank occurred, raise awareness of its existence and needs, etc. Some of her accomplishments include:
Challenges and events Paraka has run or co-run include:
- Podfic Critical Feedback Exchange (2010)
- Pod Aware (2011, 2012, 2014)
- Podfic Bingo
- Pod Together
Podfic Fandom Infrastructure
Paraka was one of the volunteers at the Audiofic Archive (profile) and spear-headed the effort to recover many of the Archive's files after it suffered massive file loss in 2016.}} See also: Audiofic Archive#Paraka's 2016-2017 Crowd-Sourcing Effort
Paraka hosts a large number of podficcers on her personal podfic website, Paraka Productions, including. In 2019 SyFy.com article highlighting the podfic community put the number of podficcers hosted on Paraka Productions at over 150.
From 2012 to 2015, Paraka ran the @Podfic Twitter account, which retweeted "interesting things about podfic." The account functioned as a pseudo-newsletter/rec center/posting announcement list, centralizing podficcers' tweets as well as those of podfic listeners and many people who asked what podfic was. The account was run manually in order to minimize the potential for negativity and wank.
In 2014, Paraka was one of the founding members of the Auralphonic podcast.
- Lose Your Inhibitions (Hold Me Tight Tonight) by jeyhawk - Adam Lambert/Kris Allen, 2011
- What If We Love Like Fools? by IndigoNight, 2014
- Nothing Gets By a Stilinski AKA Stiles Had to Get His Awesome From Somewhere (Podfic) by GoddessofBirth, 2012
- Reputation (Podfic) by copperbadge - made with miss_marina95, 2015
- OTW Guest Post: pod together (2019)
- "paraka: Fandom Progression".
- "paraka: Podfics". Archived from the original on 2014-12-02.
- paraka: dreamwidth profile (accessed 4 September 2015)
- State of the Audiofic Archive, archived link. Posted/Updated Feb - Jun 2017. Link accessed/archived March 26, 2019.
- Why podfics, the audiobooks of fanfiction, deserve more appreciation, SyFy.com, Dec 10, 2019. (Accessed Feb 20, 2021)
- @Podfic, Dreamwidth post by Paraka, May 5, 2014. (Accessed Feb 20, 2021)