|Alias(es):||Copperbadge, samvimes, sam_storyteller|
|Fandoms:||Doctor Who/Torchwood, Discworld, Good Omens, Harry Potter, House, M.D., Lord Peter Wimsey, Sherlock (BBC), Stargate Atlantis, White Collar etc.|
Jack and Ellis, his original fiction
I_defeated_sga, his Stargate Atlantis fic
|Other:||Extribulum Press, his profic|
|URL:||copperbadge at Tumblr|
ouija_sam at Twitter
copperbadge: personal LJ; active dreamwidth account
sam-storyteller: fic archive
fic also archived at: AO3, FA, FF.net, Skyehawke
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In 2013 he was featured in an article at the Daily Dot entitled "How author Sam Starbuck shapes online fandom (and vice versa)."
Due to the 2017 LiveJournal TOS changes, copperbadge announced the fate of his many LJ accounts:
- sam_storyteller, theoriginalsam, i_defeated_sga, gta_of_doom would be deleted.
- sam_storyteller, copperbadge, and ask_aboutcoffee are backed up at cblj_backup.
- theoriginalsam is backed up at originalsam_backup.
- i_defeated_sga is backed up at sga_backup.
- gta_of_doom is backed up at gtaofdoom_backup.
As of April 2017, the copperbadge account on LJ had 7,611 posts; the account was created on 12 April 2003.
Doctor Who and Torchwood
- Trying to Communicate - PG. Recommended as the story that breaks fandom boundaries and pulls in folks from everywhere to read it. It's funny. It's pop culture. It's Torchwood, so it just might happen. ...read it because the dialog is witty, charming and touching; the plot is solid and plausible; the characters are spot on. Be warned, drinking beverages while reading this may be hazardous to your keyboard. At the time of this edit (4 Dec 2010), the story has 29 pages of comments at its main URL. [story link]
- The Theory of Two Centres - R, Jack/Ianto, Amnesia. One recommender described it as a thrilling take on an old Torchwood villain, Sam's skills with characterization combine with a fast-paced plot to make for, more or less, the perfect fic. Sexy, heartrending, pulse-jumping, mysterious, funny, and more, this is really the best of what fanfiction can be. [story link]
- Stealing Harry - R, Remus/Sirius, Alternate Universe. Stealing Harry grabs canon by the throat and disembowls it. If Lucius Malfoy got to Peter Pettigrew before Sirius could, Sirius would be a bookshop owner, Remus would have a steady job, and one day, when Harry Potter was eight-and-a-half years old, they might kidnap him from the Dursleys... [story link]
- Laocoon's Children - R, Remus/Sirius, Snape/Tonks, some canon ships. Laocoon's Children follows the Stealing Harry alternate universe through Harry's school years, paralleling the canon. Please be aware that this story is unfinished and unlikely to be completed; years 1 and 2 are complete, year 3 is nearly complete, and I have posted notes regarding years 4-7. [story link]
- Cartographer's Craft - R, Harry/Sirius, Remus/Tonks, Ron/Hermione. When a young Sirius Black is resurrected from the Marauder's Map, the Order has to decide what to do with him -- and Harry has to decide how he feels about it. Alternate Universe version of book seven. [story link]
- The Rules of Being A Godson - PG-13, Teddy/James. Teddy Lupin never gets too close or feels too much; his godfather's son never does anything else. [story link]
- Lab Book - Sherlock/John first time. Aliunde writes: Beautifully written, gorgeous characterization, clever and easy and wonderful from start to finish. [story link]
- The Difference Engine - R, McKay/Sheppard, robot-fic. Recommended as [...] an incredibly well-written robot!John story with great characterization of the main and supporting characters. The writing is a on the minimalistic yet effective side; some characters may only a few lines but you will like remember them for a long time. [story link]
- My Home And Native Land - PG, Gen with light background McKay/Sheppard. Ronon-centric story about his acclimatization to Atlantis and his friendship with Chuck the gate-tech. [story link]
Marvel's The Avengers
- Arms and the Man - R, Steve/Tony. His best friend keeps cockblocking him, his relationship guru is a computer, and he might be gay. The future is very complicated. [story link]
- Homefront - R, Steve/Tony. Steve Rogers is a capable leader, a kind and cheerful man, a good friend, a strong role model, and a loyal soldier. He's also teetering on the edge of suicide. [story link]
- A Partial Dictionary Of The 21st Century By Captain Steve Rogers, US Army - R, Steve/Tony. Steve is adapting well to the new millennium, and he has the dictionary to prove it. [story link]
- Foodieverse - T, Steve/Tony. It's an AU where everyone works in the food industry. That makes total sense and is definitely not wildly irrational on any axis One fic in the series written with scifigrl47. [story link]
- Don't Read The Comments is a fannish original work where the protagonist has the ability to delete any comments from the internet. The work is also tagged as queer themes.
- First post after the journal was restored: *walks into the echoingly empty cafe*, Archived version by copperbadge, 2 October 2008.
- untitled copperbadge post, Archived version, 2008-10-02.
- untitled dreamwidth post -, Archived version by copperbadge, 14 April 2017.
- copperbadge - Profile, Archived version (Accessed 17 April 2017)
- Torchwood House: Rec: Trying to Communicate, by sam_storyteller
- Torchwood House: Rec: The Theory of Two Centres, by sam-storyteller
- Aliunde Recs: Sherlock BBC recs (x2) (accessed 25 April 2012)
- Epic Recs: The Difference Engine by Sam Starbuck (R)