|Date(s):||21 January 2005|
|External Links:||Registration at AO3|
Registration at FictionAlley
Registration at Dreamwidth
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Registration is a Harry Potter fanfic by Sam Starbuck. Though technically gen, many readers interpret it as having slashy subtext, and it is even tagged Remus/Sirius on the author's Dreamwidth. It is often included on Remus/Sirius reclists.
Author's summary: When they get roped into waiting to register James' unborn son for Hogwarts, Sirius and Remus have a long day's wait, and a small dilemma -- nobody's picked a name yet. [Featuring] the Patils, Finnigans, Longbottoms, Malfoys, and one Weasley as supporting cast...
- "The Spellcast (podcast) division of Fiction Alley has been working on a group dramatic reading of my fic Registration, adapted by me into a radio play. This was written, performed, and produced by fans, and I couldn't be prouder of it. The first half has been released in the latest Spellcast download, and the second half will be released with the next download, at which time the whole file will be available for download.
- Listening to it was an intensely surreal experience. I've listened to my work performed before as a playwright, but never when I wasn't intimately involved in the direction and production. Beyond the adaptation and some notes on casting, I had nothing to do with the direction or recording. It meant that I could hear every flaw that I should have fixed in the writing itself, and also new nuances I hadn't even thought about but which became vitally clear when it was read aloud. I'm really happy with how it came out, overall, and so pleased that Registration was chosen for adaptation."
Recs & Reviews
- "Plotless, frothy, lots and lots of fun." -- loneraven
- "James cons his two best friends into holding a place in the Hogwarts student registration line for his not-yet-born son, leading to some interesting results. Short, funny, and infinitely better than I made it sound." -- eclipseklutz
- "Whether this could be the way it happens or not is insignificant because this story is good. It mainly consists of a group of people, who are some of the parents of people in Harry's year at Hogwarts, queueing for hours, and finding ways to pass the time. And in the case of Sirius and Remus, insult each other and James, Peter and Lily. It's Sam Vimes's usual great characterisation, with a wonderfully funny ending." -- Selenay
- "You have to read this. It's by copperbadge, the author of the "Stealing Harry" series. It's a fabulously funny one-shot with great characterizations, especially of Remus and Sirius." -- mononwalker
- Sam Starbuck (sam_storyteller). Registration; PG, Gen. (Marauders-Era). 15 July 2005. (Accessed 23 July 2012.)
- Fiction Alley: Riddikulus. Registration (Story Text). 21 January 2005. (Accessed 23 July 2012.)
- SpellCast at CastRoller. Registration: A PodcastPlay by Copperbadge. (Accessed 23 July 2012.)
- Sam Starbuck (copperbadge). untitled LiveJournal post., archived. 26 September 2006. (Accessed 23 July 2012.)
- mononwalker. Just a quick rec post, Archived version, October 9th, 2004.