|Pairing:||Han Solo/Leia Organa|
|Alternative name(s):||Scoundress, H/L|
|Gender category:||het, M/F|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In the original line of Expanded Universe tie-in novels (now known as Star Wars Legends, Han and Leia are married four years after the events of Return of the Jedi at the conclusion of The Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton. They had three children, twins Jacen and Jaina, and Anakin Solo, all of whom became part of the New Jedi Order founded by their uncle Luke Skywalker. Han and Leia remained happily married, with both surviving until Legends was officially canceled by Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm in 2014.
Between the original trilogy and the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, Han and Leia get married following the Battle of Endor. Their son, Ben Solo was born nine months later. After Ben turned to the Dark Side, taking the name Kylo Ren, the betrayal drives Han and Leia apart. Leia formed the Resistance to combat the newly-risen First Order, and Han returned to smuggling alongside Chewbacca. In The Force Awakens, Han and Leia reunite after being estranged for years, shortly before Han's death at his son's hands.
Han/Leia frequently appears as a secondary or background pairing in fanworks featuring other couples in both Legends and Disney canon continuities. Sometimes Luke is added as well, making Leia/Luke/Han.
Fans of this pairing were upset by the decision to break up an established couple in the backstory for The Force Awakens.
some days i get shocked all over again that star wars took a beloved ship that existed for almost 40 years and then proceeded to divorce and kill them both off within 4 years 
- You Could Use a Good Kiss, published by Evil Twin Press (three issues; 1999-2000, 2016)
- Chronicles of the House of Alderaan, zines imagining different futures for Han and Leia than what the official novels depict (four issues; c. 1991-1993)
- "Slow Boat to Bespin" by Anne Elizabeth Zeek & Barbara Wenk (1981)
- no one can stop me, not even gravity or nasa by magneticwave.
- A journey of a thousand miles by greyathena. Relationships have to start somewhere. Or, once you've jumped into a garbage chute with people you kind of either decide to like them or you don't.
- Identity by madame_alexandra
- from the ashes we rise by philthestone
- Han and Leia in Fanfiction by Sherry Magee by (1982)
- Star Wars: Han/Leia “Laser Brain and Her Highness-ness”; WebCite by aliaspiral at ship_manifesto (2004)
- han & leia wildest dreams by ASMc Videos
- han&leia i found love by Xx WePlayYourLife xX
- Han&Leia Hurricane by xTheHardestPaart
- GOOD KISS by br0flovski
- kiss me in the flowers, love me under the stars by JettieBugRay
- just you and me by TalathAmanya
- When We Were Young by celestialsphere
- SWEETHEART by clintbartnn
Front cover of A Tremor in the Force (1985).
Art by Laura Quiles, drawn for a fanfic (date unknown).
Interior art from Resurrection by Kate
Links & Resources
- This Is Some Rescue, a gen and het Star Wars archive with an emphasis on Han/Leia
- You Could Use Another Good Kiss!, a Han/Leia archive
- Moments: Han and Leia Star Wars fan fiction, fanfiction and filks by Marjorie Joyce
- Leia Organa/Han Solo tag at Archive of Our Own
- Han S./Leia O. filter at FanFiction.Net
- hanleia tag at Tumblr
- Tumblr post by rise-of-ahsoka, 19.08.20.