|Pairing:||Luke Skywalker/Leia Organa|
|Gender category:||Het, Incest, Twincest|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Bit of Canon
The pro novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye was published in February 1978. Many fans consider the book poorly written and full of plot holes and terrible characterizations. Official Star Wars canon spokespersons have since downgraded the book to "secondary canon" due to its content and state of being jossed by numerous things, including a romantic relationship between Luke/Leia.
Even before the revelation that Leia and Luke were related, there were few fanworks with this pairing. The main pairing for Leia was Han Solo, and Luke was paired (if he was paired at all) with original characters. This lack of a love life for Luke Skywalker in the early days was just one of the many driving factors of The Church of Ford.But even after 1983, the pairing did not have a lot of traction. A fan in 2010 said:
"Yeah, there's very little L/L fic out there. I dunno if people are grossed out, censoring themselves (which I clearly never do), or are just not into it. I hardly ever find any."ruckuskitten
Often Han is added as well, making Leia/Luke/Han.
- Incest: Since Luke and Leia are twins, the ship is subject to same general controversy that all incestuous ships are. The two main viewpoints are:
- Yeah it's incest, and I'm down with that.
- They didn't grow up together, they were into each other before they knew they were related, so it doesn't really count.
Sequel Trilogy Era
- Luke and Leia Had Sex by Noah Brand, The Good Men Project. (December 18, 2012)
- Looking for Love in Alderaan Places: Luke/Leia Before and After Return of the Jedi by Claire McBride (September 14, 2017)
- Mark Hamill has mentioned a couple of times that it must have been pretty traumatic for Luke to find out that Leia, the woman he’s got all sorts of feelings for, is his sister, and it always gets a laugh, but I don’t think he’s joking., Archived version
Archives & Fannish Links
- Luke/Leia works tagged at AO3
- Luke/Leia works at FFN
- Shipcestuous "leia and luke" tags: images, commentary, parallels, quotes, funny, cast, fanart, AU and fanmixes
- a boy, a girl and a universe tags Luke x Leia (while the blog is mostly Luke & Leia focused, it also focuses on the Skywalker family)
- Luke/Leia Please?. December 30 2011. (Accessed on June 19, 2016.)