For Those Who Came In Late
|Title:||For Those Who Came In Late|
|Publisher:||Pink Scorpion Press|
|Editor(s):||Anne C. Sabol|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
For Those Who Came in Late (subtitle: "A Guide to Fandom Universes") is a guide to fandom television and movies. It was edited by Anne C. Sabol.
Each section was written by a different contributor.
In the days before the internet and easy access to information, these zines were handy resources.
Descriptions from Ads
From Zine Scene: "It's everything you always wanted to know about (fill in name) but were afraid to ask.' For each series featured in any issue, we cover the topics such as: broadcast history, cast listings and descriptions, guest characters who play a key role, and the major storyline highlighting key episodes often referred to in fan fiction."
From For Your Information: "Have you ever been reading a multi-media zine and come across a show you've 1) never seen; 2) seen only once or twice; or 3) seen many moons ago when it was first run but have forgotten the details? This zine lay be your answer. It's "Everything you always wanted to know about (fill in name) but were afraid to ask". For each series in any issue, we cover topics such as broadcast history, cast listings and description, major guest stars who play a key role, and their major story line highlighting key episodes often referred to in fan fiction. Now accepting subaissions. SASE for submission guidelines or notification of final price info (please be specific which you want)."
For Those Who Came In Late 1 was published in 1991 and contains 180 pages.
- Adderly, The A-Team, BTF, Batman, Battlestar Galactica, Callan, Clone Master, Doctor Who, Equalizer, A Fine Romance, Garrison's Gorillas, Hard Time on Planet Earth, J&FM, Man from UNCLE, The Master, Max Monroe, Mission Impossible, QED, Quantum Leap, Questor Tapes, Remington Steele, Riptide, Sapphire and Steel, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Simon and Simon, Star Trek: TNG, Star Wars, Starsky & Hutch, Stingray, Superman, Tenspeed & Brownshoe, Vampire.
For Those Who Came In Late 2 was published in 1992 and contains 150 pages. The art is by Charlie Kirby (cover and interiors), Anja Gruber, and J. Jones.
From a July 1993 ad in GAZ: "For each series featured in any issue, we cover the topics such as: broadcast history, cast listings, and descriptions, guest characters who play a key role, and the major story line highlighting key episodes often referred to in fan fiction."
- Airwolf by Erika Frensley
- Alien Nation by Bea Schmidt
- The Avengers by Susan M. Garrett
- Danger: UXB by Janice and Janet Ovellette
- Escape from New York by J.A. Raish
- Friday the 13th: The Series by Susan M. Garrett
- The Fugitive by Jean Graham
- The Real Ghostbusters by Sheila Paulson
- Hardball by Aloma Pedersen
- Hardcastle & McCormick by Lynn Hill
- Hawaii Five-O by Jean Graham
- High Chaparral by Jean Graham
- High Mountain Rangers/Jesse Hawkes by Jeanne R. Weselinski
- The Invisible Man by Charlie Kirby
- Kolchak: The Night Stalker by Charlie Kirby
- The Mad Max/Road Warrior Trilogy by J.A. Raish
- Miami Vice by Lynn Hill
- Misfits of Science by Laura Michaels
- Nasty Boys by Michelle Ruggles
- The Outer Limits by Charlene Kirby
- Poldark by Janet and Janice Ovellette
- The Professionals by Be a Schmidt and Janet Esssncy
- The Rat Patrol. by Jeanne R. Weselinski
- Rocky by Nora Mayers
- Starman by Todd Andrews
- Star Trek: The Next Generation -- Update by Michele Lellouche
- The Streets of San Francisco by Sharon Monroe
- Tales of the Gold Monkey by Sharon Monroe
- Tron by J.A. Raish
- The Twilight Zone by Charlie Kirby
- V by Sharon Monroe
- The Wild Wild West by Michele Lellouche
- The Young Riders by Erika Frensley
For Those Who Came in Late 3 was published in 1993 and contains 250 pages.
- Dr. Strange by Susan M. Garrett
- Once a Hero by Susan M. Garrett
- Spectre by Susan M. Garrett
- Spies by Susan M. Garrett
- The Prisoner by Susan M. Garrett
- other unknown content
For Those Who Came in Late 4
Shows covered in this issue: Colditz, Combat!, Counterstrike, Dark Justice, ER, Gargoyles, Hunter, Land of the Giants, Planet of the Apes, Seaquest, Shades of L.A., She-Wolf of London (Love and Curses), Space Rangers, 12 O'Clock High, Viper, VR5, and The X-Files.