(Redirected from Zombie Apocalypse AU)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Trope · Genre|
|Synonyms:||Zombie Apocalypse AU, ZA, ZA!AU, Zombie!AU|
|See Also:||No Zombie Apocalypse AU|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Zombie Apocalypse is a fanfic trope, often referred to as Zombie Apocalypse!AU, where the author creates an alternate universe where the zombies have overrun the Earth. The characters are often fighting the undead and trying to survive, the stress and hightened emotions often driving the author's OTP together.
More often than not, fandoms with supernatural creatures (such as vampires or werewolves are also switched to an All Human AU where all the canon characters are human and the only supernatural aspect are the zombies.
In fandoms where the Zombie Apocalypse is part of the canon, fics containing zombies are usually considered Canon AUs.
Fandoms with canon zombie apocalypse:
- In the Flesh
- The Walking Dead
- Warm Bodies
- Z Nation
- Shaun of the Dead (The Cornetto Trilogy)
- Not a Minute of Rest, fic and art by creepylicious. The world was going to hell. Probably had already. Most of the people Harry had loved and called family were most likely dead or eating their way steadily through living tissue. Written for H/D Fan Fair 2012.
- The Winter Zombie by verityshu, Bucky is a highly unusual former living person who first rescues and then falls in love with Steve. The course of true and undead love never did run smooth. Featuring ZombieBucky and HumanSteve. Very loosely based on the movie Warm Bodies.
- Not Without You by SevereStorms and wreckingthefinite, Six months earlier, Bucky would have said the prospect of dying back home in Brooklyn sounded like a dream. Now, faced with his own imminent demise in a Brooklyn that is almost unrecognizable, it’s decidedly less appealing. – Honestly, it’s just sort of bizarre. Survive Afghanistan and come home to die in the pseudo-zombie apocalypse. Can’t make this stuff up. featuring Chubby Dom!Steve (it will all make sense, I swear).
- Essentially the Truffula Flu AU
- Zombies, Angsty Teenagers, and New York City by activatethetightpants, In which Nico still chitchats with dead people, Percy is still totally oblivious, New York is about the same, and zombies have incredibly resilient skulls.
- Over My Dead Body by Mellow_Yellow, t's Ian and Mickey (and the rest of the gang) against the world, kicking zombie ass, taking names and just trying to survive as everything is falling apart.
- This Means War by thepinupchemist, It should have been a normal day. Instead, Castiel finds out zombies are real, discovers some things he never knew about his best friend Sam and Sam's way-too-good-looking brother Dean, almost dies, wields a chainsaw, and loses his virginity. Kind of in that order.
- Trade This Life for Something New by KouriArashi, An In the Flesh fusion wherein Stiles is a partially deceased syndrome sufferer coming home, Scott joined the HVF and took a level in badass, and Beacon Hills turns into a battle ground over reintegration.
- I Will Find You by Neeka, When a rapid spreading virus breaks out, turning most of the population into mindless, undead killing machines, Stiles Stilinski has to fight his way back home. Because nothing, not even the freaking zombie apocalypse can stand between him and the people he loves.
- Why Not? by infiniteworld8, Murphy seemed very much against killing Zombie Amelia and here's why.
- Another Day Passed by Croatoanvirus2014, Just a typical day of Addy and Mack while they're still searching for their friends. Takes place after they split off from the group on accident.
- I'd Like That by infiniteworld8. After Mesa Pharmaceuticals 10K has some questions about why the Z's were engaging in certain behaviors...a serious/non serious look at the episode and of course Murphy gives his explanation.
- Zombie Apocalypse tag on AO3