The Cornetto Trilogy
|Name:||The Cornetto Trilogy, a.k.a. The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy or The Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy|
|Creator:||Edgar Wright (director), Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg (writers)|
|Date(s):||9 April 2004 (Shaun of the Dead), 14 February 2007 (Hot Fuzz), 19 July 2013 (The World's End)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Cornetto Trilogy is a series of comedy films directed by Edgar Wright and starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. It consists of Shaun of the Dead (2004), Hot Fuzz (2007), and The World's End (2013).
Though three films are not set in the same universe, they share a theme and general progression. The name "Cornetto trilogy" is a reference to the Cornetto ice cream treats. Each film falls into different genre comedy types which are loosely associated with the three flavors of Cornetto: Shaun of the Dead, a bloody zombie movie, is associated with the red-covered Strawberry Cornetto; Hot Fuzz, a buddy-cop movie, is associated with the blue-wrapped Original Cornetto; The World's End, an alien-invasion movie, is associated with the green-colored Mint Chocolate Chip Cornetto.
The most popular pairings for the fandom are slash ships involving the characters portrayed by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost:
- Shaun/Ed (Shaun of the Dead)
- Nicholas Angel/Danny Butterman (Hot Fuzz)
- Gary King/Andy Knightley (The World's End)
Links & Resources
- The Cornetto Trilogy fanworks at AO3
- Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & World's End stories at FanFiction.Net
- "Official Tumblr for the Unofficial Trilogy". Archived from the original on 2020-11-12.
- ^ Time Out interview with Edgar Wright, 09 July 2013. (Accessed 17 April 2014.)