|Creator:||William Moulton Marston|
|Date(s):||1941 - present|
|Medium:||comics, television show, cartoons, films, video games|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Wiki page Official DC Comics Site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Wonder Woman is a DC Comics comic book series about the superheroine of the same name.
The character Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman first appeared in All Star Comics #8 (December 1941), and her first title ran from the summer of 1942 to February 1986. The second title ran from 1987-2006, her third 2006-2010 and her fourth (and latest title) is currently ongoing from 2011 to the present. She has frequently appeared in other titles in DC Comics Universe such as Justice League.
Wonder Woman has appeared in several animated movies: Justice League: The New Frontier (2008), Wonder Woman (2009), Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010), Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010), Justice League: Doom (2012), Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013), JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time (2014), Justice League: War (2014) and The Lego Movie (2014).
Wonder Woman has also appeared in several animated series: The Brady Kids (1972), Super Friends (1973–1986), Superman (1988), Wonder Woman and the Star Riders (1993), Justice League (2001–2004)/Justice League Unlimited (2004–2006), Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008-2011), and Young Justice (2010-2013).
There have been many attempts to get an actual live-action film and another live-action series dedicated solely on Wonder Woman; some of those were NBC's WW pilot and CW's Amazon script. Finally, in 2013, Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman for the DCEU. Gadot's Diana appears in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Wonder Woman (2017), and the Justice League (2017) film.
- Princess Diana of Themyscira aka Wonder Woman
- Wonder Girl: Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Drusilla (TV series)
- Hippolyta, Diana's mother and ruler of Themyscira
- Steve Trevor, spy, Diana's main love interest
The most popular pairing for the fandom is Diana/Steve Trevor. Other pairings include Diana/Bruce Wayne, Diana/Clark Kent, and Hal Jordan/Steve Trevor. Trinity shipping, i.e. the Diana/Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne OT3 is also well-known across the fandom. Crossover pairings like Diana/Steve Rogers can also be found.
The New Adventures of Wonder Woman
- See Wonder Woman (TV series) for more information.
DC Comics Animated Universe
- Art by bloominflowers, a fanart referencing the Rosie the Riveter We Can Do It! poster as a callback to Wonder Woman's status as a feminist icon.
- Color meme by mushroomtale-fanart
- Art by lyndraws, a crossover fanart with the MCU that got fairly common after the release of the Wonder Woman (2017) movie
- Photosets of comic edits by mattelektras were hugely influential within the Tumblr comics fandom and attracted many admirers and copycats.
- Wonder Woman by VarshaVijayan (WW 2017)
- celestial wonder woman by Jen Bartel
- Wonder Woman Headers by loislane
- Death by Snu Snu by nebezial
- Doesn't Mattter, Had Snu Snu by nebezial
- Empathy and Compassion in Wonder Woman by merryfitzsimmons
- Wonder Woman is not an example of the Born Sexy Yesterday trope by perichat
- Princessions (1977–1983)
- Hola! (1978–1979)
- Amazine (c. 1977/1978)
- Wonder Woman: 75 Years of Feminism and the Superhero Icon (2017)
- With the dawning of the light a new age begins by TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel In the end, despite everything he’s done, Diana doesn’t kill him. - Diana's career from WW1 to the present day (2017)
- For the World That Can Be by stellahibernis Diana is on a mission to prevent the war from taking a dark turn, when she finds an unconscious man in the middle of a forest in southern France. It feels like cosmic irony when it turns out his name is Steve. - Steve Rogers is thrown back in time from the 21st century to an alternate world's WW2 (Captain America crossover, 2017)
Archives and Communities
- Wonder Woman (comics) tagged works at AO3
- Wonder Woman (2009 film) at AO3
- Wonder Woman - All Media Types at AO3
- Wonder Woman (comics) & crossovers works at FFN
- Wonder Woman (cartoon) & crossovers at FFN
- ww_fans, a LJ community
- dccomics.com, Upcoming Superman and Batman Film Casts Its Wonder Woman, 04 December 2013.
- mattelektras on Tumblr, i have been called so many things by so many people. Posted November 27, 2016. (Accessed June 08, 2017).