|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The three-year summer was a fertile period in the Harry Potter fandom between the publishing of the fourth and fifth books of the series, The Goblet of Fire (8 July 2000) and the The Order of the Phoenix (21 June 2003). The first four novels had been published within a year of each other, so the three-year wait was unusually long and inspired many frustrated fans to turn to online fan activities such as fanfiction to quell their anticipation.
Notable fanfics that were published during this period include:
- The Draco Trilogy by Cassandra Claire (Harry/Hermione)
- Irresistible Poison by Rhysenn (Harry/Draco)
- Underwater Light by Maya (Harry/Draco)
- The Mirror of Maybe by Midnight Blue (Harry/Snape)
- Transfigurations by Resonant (Harry/Draco)
- After the End by Arabella & Zsenya (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione)
- Many Remus/Sirius stories, often making use of the Lie Low at Lupin's trope.
- A Bittersweet Potion Series by Alchemia Dent and Bugland (Harry/Snape)