|Gender category:||m/m slash|
|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Archives:||The Spander Files|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- Xander (to Buffy): "No one is judging you. It's understandable. Spike is strong and mysterious and sort of compact, but well muscled."
- Buffy: "I am not having sex with Spike! But I'm starting to think that you might be!"
In canon, Xander and Spike have an antagonistic relationship, which started all the way in season 2 episode "School Hard" when Angel offered Xander to Spike in order to trick the younger vampire. Later on the seemingly mutual dislike was fueled even more after Spike slept with Xander's former fiancee Anya and after Spike's attempted rape on Buffy at the end of season six.
Spike and Xander have lived together twice – during season four when Spike was first chipped by the Initiative and during season 7 after Spike won his soul back and subsequently went 'bug-shagging crazy' with guilt.
- Xander was offered to Spike by Angel in the second season episode "School Hard," and although he never formally accepted, many fanfiction authors use this as a plot device – Xander as Sire's gift and Spike returning to take what was his.
- In season one episode "The Pack", Xander is possessed by a hyena spirit. This resulted in a lot of fics (Hyena!Xander is a very popular trope) where the hyena spirit returns/never left and claims Spike as part of pack and/or mate.
- In season 4, a chipped Spike is kept tied up in Xander's basement apartment. This scenario was a jumping off point for many fics.
- Post Fade Away fics, set after the final episode of the Angel (TV) series.
- Vampire!Xander works can be canon divergent where Xander becomes a vampire, sometimes sired by Spike. Other fics were set in the canon Wishverse.
- Threesome fics often paired Spike and Xander with Angel or Anya Jenkins.
- Post-Grad and Post-Grad II: On Holiday (March/April 1999 & April 1999) may be the first Spike/Xander stories written
- Waffle House by Sajinn
- It’s Just A Jump To The Left by kimberly_a. During the summer after Buffy's death after the end of Season 5, Xander finds himself stuck in some kind of time loop with Spike. How can Xander stop the time loop? And what is causing it? Words: 37,401
- Late Night Double Feature by kimberly_a. Sequel to It’s Just A Jump To The Left. Basically, the fallout.
- Cues and Balls by Estepheia. Xander, Spike, the Bronze, a game of eight ball Words: 10332
- Sweet Revenge by Jackson. Spike's well-laid plan to revenge himself on the Scoobies misfires.
- Sidelines by Anna S. Rewrite of season 4. If Xander had gone through the 'big gay change' instead of Willow.
Archives & Communities
- The Spander Files - one of the biggest Spike/Xander specific archives
- BloodClaim - Spike/Xander LJ Community
- Spike/Xander works on AO3
- Spike/Xander page at All about Spike