Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn
|Pairing:|| Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn|
Pamela Isley/Harleen Quinzel
|Alternative name(s):||Harley/Ivy, Harlivy|
|Fandom:||DC Comics, DC Comics Animated Universe, Batman|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Harley/Ivy is one of the more popular femslash pairings in the Batman/DC Comics fandoms. As Harley was introduced into the comicsverse, there was often discussions around whether the pairing was considered canon or not. Over time this became less necessary as their relationship, within comicsverse at least, moved away from subtext and into plain old text.
Some fans want the relationship to be supported as they feel it is much healthier than Joker/Harley Quinn, which has generally shifted into being seen as abusive rather than played for laughs as it was in its inception. This has sometimes lead to push-back from Joker/Harley fans who find their relationship to be iconic and fundamental to Harley's character.
Common Tropes & Storylines
- AUs often involve alternate first meetings for these two. This includes stories where these characters are not super-villains, or Harleen met Pamela before the Joker. Flower Shop AUs have also becoming more common, given Ivy's love of plants.
- Many works include Joker's abusive relationship with Harley. In these works Pamela sometimes rescues a near dead Harley, or provides a safe harbor for her friend while hiding what she believes to be unrequited feelings. Many works are Hurt Comfort, as Ivy helps Harley get over the Joker. Sometimes Harley's decision to leave the Joker is because she is pregnant, and Ivy supports her during her pregnancy.
- Many works are set when these two were both at Arkham Asylum. In most works they are both patients, and sometimes roommates, but a small number of works focus on Dr. Harleen Quinzel's interactions with Ivy. Excaping from Arkham is also a common trope.
- There are domestic fics focused on their lives together, but also works featuring these two at their most villainous.
- Reap What You Sow by Allaine. An AU spin-off from Chris Dee's Cat Tales (Catwoman series).
- Saturday Morning by livia
- What Love Is by Semerket
- Mad Love: A New Beginning by AmberZ10
- The Heartbreak Wait by seriousfic
- Impetus by Starlightify
- Ivy + Harley by lenadrofranci
- Poison Ivy x Harley Quinn by Autumn-Sacura
- Harley and Ivy by vinroc
- Harley kissing Ivy by leeahd
- Harley Quinn y Poison Ivy by Manawua
- Ivy Quinn by nicolehansche
- WANTED: Pam and Harley by jeftoon01
- Tangled Vines by moishpain
- Harley Quinn And Poison Ivy: mermaid fun & under water kitten's by Pronon1990
- Harley and Ivy 2 by LinART (NSFW)
- PoisonxHarley by JulietEssence
- this is the only explanation for harley’s terrible shirt by zoinkysdraws
- <3 by erinkkavanagh
- Favorite DC Couple: The Case for Harley and Ivy
- Harley Quinn and Ivy Go Canon in the new 52?
- Femslash Friday: Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn
- Harley and Ivy: Pretty Abusive Too, Actually!
- Top 5 harley/ivy by harleylovesivy
Archives and Communities
- Pamela/Harleen works tagged at AO3
- Harley/vy works at FFN (Batman)
- Harley/Ivy works at FFN (Batman the Animated Series)
- Harley/Ivy at Bats Femslash LJ Community
- It's mainly shown in subtext in various scenes of BTAS and in the comics, however fans consider it canon due to the words of the writer, Paul Dini stating it was. See:  
- DC Comics: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Are Girlfriends “Without Monogamy”