|Alternative name(s):||Erik Destler/Christine Daaé, Phantom/Christine Daaé, ファントム×クリスティーヌ|
|Gender category:||F/M, Het|
|Fandom:||Phantom of the Opera|
|Archives:||Down Once More|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The relationship is central to the plots of all adaptions and variations of The Phantom of the Opera.
Erik meets Christine when a girl and he becomes his teacher giving singing lessons for her and he will gradually fall in love with her until to fall a strange obsession but Christine looks at him as her teacher, as an angel of music that was sent by her father to accompany her.
Since beginning Fanfics on The Internet about Phantom of the Opera there have been stories about this couple, but since the movie 2004 and the participation of Gerard Butler as the principal character (Erik), this ship managed to have more fangirls. 
Differences versions of story's end.
- In the book original Erik let go to Christine with viscount, he gives her his gold ring with the proviso that she always charged as a symbol of their friendship. And that when he dies, she'll return to bury him and she'll go to a newspaper to place an obituary where says "Erik is dead" (And she complies).
- In the Love Never Dies (is a sequel musical to Phantom of the Opera created by Andrew Lloyd Webber) Christine Daaé had a night of sex with Erik and that of this, she has to his son Gustave.
- In the end of Kay's book; Christine also has Erik's son called: Charles.
- This couple contains Age Difference, so much so that Erik would have the age of her father. Their canon relationship contains elements of teacher/student, Kidnapping, and almost Forced Marriage.
- Also, the name of the Phantom is discussed. Erik isn't his birth name, however, Erik is universally known like his name real. 
- His last name "Destler" in one of the versions of "The Phantom of the Opera", and isn't universally accepted as the Phantom's name. Nevertheless, it attributed this last name when appointing the Phantom of the horror movie 1989 starring Robert Englund
Common Tropes in Fanworks
Modern AU - In where their story is contemporary, Erik may or may not be the villain.
Reincarnation - As the name says, the couple reincarnated and they may or may not to know about their past.
Forced Marriage - Mainly it is an alternate timeline of the end of the work, where Christine is being forced to marry Erik. It may or may not have a happy ending.
Hookerfic - Christine is a prostitute, and Erik is her customer.
Slavefic - Erik never left Persia, he still remains Sultan's murderer, and his gift is Christine.
Other Fanwork Examples
- Herzdieb by xXVenomsGloryXx. It's a Vid made with a song in German.
- Happy together by teamezria53098
- My baby shot me down by teamezria53098
Archives and Communities
Other Fannish Resources
- Roses for Her :: A Tribute to Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera) at ship_manifesto
- Phantom of the Opera Wiki
- Characters/The Phantom of the Opera at TVTropes