Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
|Name:||Beauty and the Beast|
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World
|Date(s):||1991 original animation,|
1997 - 1998 (1st, 2nd sequel)
2017 re-make of the 1991 film
|Medium:||animated films, live-action|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Beauty and the Beast is a 1991 Disney film based on the French fairy tale La Belle et la Bête. Due its popularity, it spawned two direct-to-video sequels, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997) and Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World (1998). It was also adapted into a Broadway musical in 1994, and a live-action remake of the original was released in 2017, with Emma Watson played Bella.
Once Upon a Time
Belle first appeared on Once Upon A Time in the first season, her role was originally reoccurring however it expanded to being a main character in the second season and onwards. Her father, Maurice, and Gaston also appeared in the series. Beast's role was given to Rumplestiltskin who appears in the series as the Dark One (main reoccurring villain in the series) as well as Crocodile from Peter Pan.
Beauty and the Beast is a fairly common crossover in the Disney Fandom, often pairing up Belle or Beast with another Disney character; for example Belle/Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Other crossovers with non-Disney works are common as well, such as Beast/Odette from the Swan Princess.
Other people in the community often appreciate Gaston and regard him as a popular character, citing his song with variants like "Nobody does x like Gaston". He's been popular in a lot of Youtube videos and co-stars alongside Frollo in The Frollo Show.
Popular pairings for the animated fandom as:
The 2017 version popular pairings:
- Cadenza/Madame de Garderobe
- Invisible by Miss Lanyon—the tale of one of the invisible servants; written for Yuletide 2011
- Immersion by kitsuneasika—This time, she reached the Beast too late. She would do anything to get him back. Yuletide 2011. Words: 3339.
- After the Enchantment by bironic—Kinks six of the inhabitants of the Beast's castle might've developed. Kink Bingo 2012. Words: 3195.
- From Castle to Palace by Beatrice_Otter is a fusion with French history, pre-Revolution. Yuletide 2016.
- and when he could not climb, he reached by hiyoris-scarf—the castle came awake that night.
- A Spark of Emotion through Time by kitkat1003 is a multi-chapter fic about Cogsworth and his own curse.
- Denial and Identity by NoAffiliation—He keeps his real name close to his chest, by the boy he used to be before the war, and learns to hide the flinch when the meaning of LeFou strikes a little too close to home.
- Lessons for the Lost by KayMoon24 is a massive, Disney multiverse-spanning epic following Belle and Adam after the events of the film.
- Disney Heroes - Prince Adam
- Disney Villains - Gaston
- Mermaid Belle & Flounder by thenamelessdoll, a manipulation gif of Mermaid!Belle and Flounder from The Little Mermaid.
- funny book by taijavigilia
- “I let her go … because I love her…” by juuneaux
- A Beastly Family Birthday by spicysteweddemon
Archives and Communities
- Beauty and the Beast & crossovers works at FFN
- Beauty and the Beast works at AO3
- The Beauty and the Beast Library
- Once Upon a Time Season 1 Episode 12 "Skin Deep"