This category lists pages about particular meta essays/discussions related to reading and writing fanfiction. Some pages are also listed in other meta topic categories such as Category:Concrit & Feedback Meta or Category:RPF Meta.
Pages in category "Fanfiction Meta"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 753 total.(previous page) (next page)
- The A-Z Shortcut
- About our "broken" fan culture
- Abuse (1998 essay by torch)
- The Advantages of Erotic Fan Fiction as an Art Form
- The Advantages of Fan Fiction as an Art Form
- Adventures in Reading Darkover Stories Without Having to Write Them First.
- Advice for Slash Writers
- Age of Consent? Ptui. What About the Real Problems?
- All About the Pairings, or From the Outside In
- ALL fanfiction violates copyright.
- Alternate Universe 4: The Writing, The Content
- Alternative Ain't Necessarily Good
- Am I Going To Be Sued?
- Amateur vs. Professional - Your Approach to Fanfiction
- The Amazing Speed of the NET!
- The Americanisation of British Fandoms
- An Open Letter to all Readers of "Adult" fanzines
- Analysis of torch's Ghosts and Lovers
- Anatomy of a Fanfic
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Fanfiction as a Genre of Literature
- And the Winner Is
- And then I said stuff.
- Angst and emotional dynamics in slash, as exemplified in Helen Raven's "Heat Trace"
- Anne Rice and fanfic hypocrisy
- Annoying things in slash fanfic
- Another thing that’s cool about fanfiction: it’s as long as it needs to be.
- The answer, coffeeandink, is No.
- AO3 is open source.
- Ao3 mcu a:aou abo bdsm ot3 hs au pwp
- Apology for Criticism
- The Apology!Fic Rant
- The Appeal of Death Stories
- The Appeal of the Slave Story in Fandom
- Are we practising safe sex yet?
- Are Your Characters Motivated?
- Ares/Joxer? Sure!
- The Art of Fanfic Critique: who and what it is for
- The Art of the Plagiarist
- As a professor, may I ask you what you think about fanfiction?
- Asking permission from the pros
- Atavachron's Spotlight on Fandom: Featuring Gerry Downes
- Atavachron's Spotlight on Fandom: Featuring Nancy Kippax
- Atavachron's Spotlight on Fandom: Featuring Pat Stall
- AU's, and You! When is an alternate universe not an alternate universe
- The AUness of it All
- Author Pokes Fanfic Hive! Film at 11!
- Author's Notes OR How to Make Sure I Never Read Your Story
- Author's right to restrict comments
- Authors Behaving Badly: Why We Can't Help It and Why We Have To Knock It Off Already
- Banishing the Wild Epithet
- The Beginner's Guide to Kraith Collected
- Believe it or not! The choice is yours!
- The Beta Reader/Writer Relationship: A Process of Negotiation and Etiquette
- Beta Readers: Finding One is Worse Than Blind Dating
- The Big List of K/S Cliches
- BiPositive: Queer Fanfiction and Why It's Important
- Blair Sandburg - Not a Wimp!
- BNFs and the prevalence of epics?
- A Bodie By Any Other Name...
- The Bodies of the Girls Who Made Me: Fanfic and the Modern World
- A Borg's Eye View
- A Brief and Very Personal History of Slash
- Building a Story
- The Burden of Popularity
- But... what if I can do something?
- By Any Other Name (essay)
- Canon Fodder: Ah, the joys of writing for a 'living' series...
- Canon or Canons: What's Canon and how can I change it?
- Care to Debate That?
- Care to Debate That? Lack of Female Characters in Trek Fan Fiction
- The Case of the Dead Plot Bunnies
- The Cassandra Cla(i)re Saga
- Categorization (1999 essay by torch)
- Changing People's Attitudes, or, How to Attract New People to Zines
- Character Assassination
- Characterization (1998 essay by torch)
- Characterization questions
- Chastity (1998 essay by torch)
- Check Your Head
- Choosing & Editing Manuscripts
- The Circuit by Agent 6.2
- Cliches, and why they don't suck
- Come Back to My Show!
- Conduit: or, Sedgwick Revisited
- Confessions of a Former Zine Slut
- The Cons of Hosting Awards
- Consent (2000 essay by torch)
- Continuity Theory
- Convoluted Writing Thoughts
- Copyright, fair use, and complications far beyond the ken of mortal man....
- Copyright: at the moment we are stuck with what the Library of Congress says
- Copyright: Can Fan Writing be Afforded Protection as "Literature?"
- The Cost of Netfic
- The Cost of the Erection: Slash and Gayness
- Crash Course in Writing Slash
- Creativity in Common: Fandom and the Ownership of Ideas
- Crewing My Pirate Ship of Love: An OTC Approach to the Question of Relationships
- The Crime of Character Rape
- Crimes of the Heart: Why Fan Fiction Sucks
- Criticism and the Lost Art of the LOC
- Cross Fertilization of Fan and Professional Fiction
- "Crossing the Line: 'Netfans' and 'Printfans'"
- Crossovers (Fanfic Symposium essay)
- Cry, the Beloved Smarm
- The Curly-Toed Boots of Justice
- "The Cutting Board's" Admin Discussions
- The "Damsel in Distress" Syndrome
- Dance with Them What Brung You
- A Dangerous Trend?
- Dark Mary Sue
- Dealing With Negative Feedback
- Dear Fandom: Could You Please Stop Saying That?
- Death Wish
- Degrees of plagiarism: where do we draw the line?
- The Development of the Kirk/Spock Relationship: Its Foundation in Fan-Fiction
- Did You Notice? It's Fandom, Not Wal-Mart
- The difference between fanfic and profic (2007 post)
- Different Types of Fanfiction
- Discrimination (1998 essay by torch)
- Does Gender Matter? Women, Tolkien, and the Online Fanfiction Community Community
- Does plagiarism matter in fanfiction?
- Don't Say That!
- Duty of Every Writer
- Eew, He's All Girly: Issues Surrounding Feminized Male Characters
- The Elements of Slash: Inside the Wacky, Weird World of "Lord of the Rings" Slash Fiction
- 'Elite' archives?
- Encouraging Feedback for Your Story
- The end of taboo
- Enough alphabet soup!
- Epithets: Fandom's Designated Hitters
- The Erotic versus the Realistic: Sex in Slash Fiction
- An Essay in Defense of Fan-Written Characters
- The Ethics of Reworking Fanfiction: An editor's opinion
- Ever so slightly longer but not quite as thick
- Every Fanfic Ever Written!
- The Evolution of a Fanfic Author
- An Exercise in Futility (Or Lessons in How to Beat a Dead Horse): Black Cover
- Exhibitionism, Performance, and More Clowns
- Expect the Inquisition, and Get the Flying Circus
- Fact, Fiction, and the Writer's Responsibility to the Truth
- "‘Fair dealing for the purposes of humiliation, embarrassment & mockery’ is a bit of a contradiction in terms."
- Fan fic - sí! Public Domain - sí-sí-sí!!!
- Fan Fiction and Copyright
- Fan fiction and public critique (aka, deja vu)
- Fan Fiction and Story Structure: Working within an established milieu to hone story-telling skills
- Fan Fiction Angst: We Love Them But We Hurt Them
- Fan Fiction Authors Unite! Give Us Back Our Write To Post!
- Fan Fiction Comes Home to Roost
- Fan Fiction Elitism: Two Years Later
- Fan Fiction II: The Revenge, Fanfic Faces Off BigThree Accounting
- Fan fiction is more than smut
- Fan Fiction is Protected by Copyright Law!
- The Fan Fiction Phenomena: What Faust, Hamlet, and Xena the Warrior Princess have in common.
- Fan Fiction ~ My Road to Publication
- Fan Fiction, Novels, Copyright, and Ethics
- Fan fiction. Good or evil? You decide!
- Fan Fiction: Is It Legal, Or Merely Tolerated?
- The fan wars, character bashing, and general toxicity of early Star Wars fan zines
- Fandom and Money (essay)
- Fandom and the Cult of Personality
- Fandom As a Female Space
- Fandom Ghost: Created Out Of Wholecloth By Fanon
- Fandom Ghost: Created Out Of Wholecloth By Fanon/Other Responses
- Fandom is NOT mostly slash
- The Fandom of the Archetype
- Fandom Opinion by mijan
- Fandom, Fans and Fanfic: A View From The Gallery
- Fandom, tradition, net
- Fanfic (2016 essay by Ru)
- Fanfic Discussion is for the Readers. Deal.
- Fanfic is Hard to Write
- The Fanfic Rebellion
- Fanfic rules for absolute beginners
- FANFIC WARNINGS: An Argument Against or The Case for Reading Death Fic
- Fanfic Writers. Gah. I Hate You All.
- Fanfic: Electrifying the Oral Tradition
- “Fanfic”: force of nature
- Fanfic: Why I Do the Voodoo That I Do
- Fanfiction, slash, and I. An attempt at self-meta
- Fanfiction.net: The Worst Thing That's Ever Happened to Fanfiction?
- Fanfiction: A Cautionary Tale
- The Fanzine FAQ, version 0.9
- Feedback culture is dead, long live feedback culture!
- Feedback Faux Pas
- Feedback musings
- Female characters in fanfiction
- The Female Hero: Personal Reflections on the Appeal of Leia Organa
- The Feminine Tendencies of Fandom
- A few words about fan fiction, and, in which the editors draw fire
- A few words on warnings
- FF.NET CAN'T BAN EVERYTHING!!! CUZ WE'RE AGAINST IT!!!!
- Ficcer pride
- Fiedler again, or, it's not just the slasher's gaze
- Field Guide to Identifying Fanfic Writers
- Fifty Shades of Fan Fiction
- 'Fix-it fiction' gives queer women the happy endings they deserve
Media in category "Fanfiction Meta"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Tumblr nrg25uvoK91r0bw...