|Trope · Genre|
|Related:||Historical AU, Alternate Universe|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Regency AU is the most commonly used term for fanworks that take characters from a modern or future-set fandom and relocate them to a stereotypical Regency era romance, as seen in the pages of Georgette Heyer. It is a form of historical AU.
The works of Jane Austen, are often an inspiration for Regency AUs. These can include Pride and Prejudice Fusions, with characters from other fandoms taking on the roles of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.
No fandom is safe from this trope, from Gundam Wing to Harry Potter to some other, even more unlikely, fandoms. Unlike canonical Regencies, it is relatively rare that much effort towards historical accuracy is made.
- Supernatural RPF: Restraint by dark_emeralds, a long and very popular J2 Regency AU.
- Supernatural RPF: An Uncommon Season by Topaz.
- SGA: SGA Regency AU by leyna55 -- fan art example on DeviantArt.
- SGA: Marrying the Marquis by zoemathemata, a McKay/Sheppard AU.
- Pros: The Peerless Pair, a Bodie/Doyle novel set a few years after the Battle of Waterloo.
- Bandom: A Marriage of Convenience by Jae.
- Popslash: Even Odd Out, Fold and Endgame, a popslash trilogy by Amber (no longer available online).
- One Direction: Louis Tomlinson, Viscount Doncaster, a fanart example of Tumblr user sashayed's One Dirausten AU tag.
- One Direction/Radio 1 RPF: Most Dauntless, Voiceless Fortitude by mrsronweasley, a Gryles Regency AU.
- The Vampire Diaries: The Devil In Me by immortalpen, a popular Klaroline AU
- The 100: A Flower In Autumn by enigmaticagentscully, a popular Kabby AU
- Hannibal: Overcoming by purefoysgirl, a Hannigram AU
Archives & Fannish Links
- Alternative Universe - Regency works on Ao3
- Alternate Universe - Pride and Prejudice Fusion works on Ao3