Nicholas & Varina
|Name:||Nicholas and Varina|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Some fans were granted permission to use the characters in their own stories.
From The Collected Nicholas and Varina: "The characters of Nicholas and Varina Tannek and Liam O'Connell are copyrighted 1995 by Diana L. Smith & Patricia C. Dunn, and all rights for the use of these characters are reserved to the authors."
From an introduction in Good Guys Wear Fangs #1: "They are an absolutely delightful vampire couple who go through time doing their best to be philanthropic, regardless of what fate has dealt them."A fan wrote in Rallying Call:
Re: the RoS story. *ahem* OK, I've gotten a grip and pulled myself together. (I have very mixed feelings about this story, as there were some...'production problems' on it.) Nicholas and Varina are the creation of my co-authors; they're a vampiric couple who've popped into nearly every fandom known to fenkind, and have their own zine. Nicholas is physically modeled on Duncan Regher , and Carina's resemblance to Deaana Troi is purely intentional. I'm glad you liked the story, though. I'd have scrapped the happy ending, but that's what happens when you write with other people. 
"Good Guys Wear Fangs" #1, interior from issue #1, artist is Cheryl Duvall, Nicholas and Varina meet Columbo
- The Collected Nicholas and Varina:
- Good Guys Wear Fangs #1:
- The Truth About Murdoc by Diana Smith and Pat Dunn (crossover with MacGyver): "MacGyver can't quite figure out what to do with the situation when Varina takes him in hand and insists that she is there to help save him from Murdoc's diabolical plan."
- Of Wooden Stakes and Silver Crosses by Diana Smith and Pat Dunn (crossover with. Columbo) "Columbo can't quite believe what his eyes are telling him as he investigates a gruesome murder committed by a self-styled "vampire-killer" who is stalking Nicholas."
- The Intrepid Vampire Killer by Diana Smith and Pat Dunn (Original Universe) "Set in ages past in which Nicholas and Varina find an interestingly non-violent means for dealing with a self-righteous "vampire-killer" of that age."
- Angel of Darkness, Angel of Light by Diana Smith, Pat Dunn, and Valerie Meachum (crossover with Dark Shadows) "Two vampires very unlike himself and one formerly-immortal witch join forces in an attempt to free Barnabas from his curse. Barnabas has a real reason to believe that there is hope when an ancient witch as powerful as Angelique takes her head to head. Guest starring Liara the Irish Witch, an original character created by Valerie Meachum."
- Good Guys Wear Fangs #2:
- Good Guys Wear Fangs #3
- Dilemma of Conscience by Diane Smith and Pat Dunn (crossover with Forever Knight)
- Heartsblood (1992):
- The Memory Flame #2 (1990):
- The Fellowship by Pat Dunn and Diana Smith (crossover with Beauty and the Beast)
- Time Knight:
- The Turn of the Wheel:
- On the Cold Hill's Side by Rebecca Brothers, Pat Dunn, and Diana Smith (crossover with Robin of Sherwood) The blood-drinking fugnwr gwaed has attacked Lady Harton. All seems lost until a mysterious stranger and his Lady show up to help, and Robin of Loxley listens carefully to Herne about how to use the silver arrow. (includes many original characters, including some fan casted ones, reprinted in The Collected Nicholas and Varina)