You may be looking for the Star Wars print zine Jedi.
|Synonyms:||Jedi Order, Jedism|
|See also:||Star Wars, Force Bond|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Jedi are the main protagonists in the Star Wars universe. They are depicted as an ancient monastic, academic, meritocratic and paramilitary organization whose origin dates back approximately 25,000 years before the events of the first film released in the franchise. Their traditional weapon is the lightsaber.
The Jedi Code
When there is no emotion, there is peace. When there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. When there is no passion, there is serenity. When there is no chaos, there is harmony. When there is no death, there is the Force.
— The Jedi Code, Dark Disciple
- Ezra Bridger
- Kanan Jarrus
- Qui-Gon Jinn
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Mace Windu
- Anakin Skywalker
- Luke Skywalker
- Ahsoka Tano
Common Tropes & Storylines
- Sparring and meditation are common elements of fanworks that follow the process of becoming a Jedi.
- In fanworks Force Bonds may also exist between a Jedi and another force user (who may or may not be a Jedi), similar to how this narrative trope is used in canon.
- Jedi Academy fics are often set at Luke's Jedi academy, and closely resemble Academy Fics by focusing on the pre-canon training of Jedi in the source material. Some of these works are full blown AUs while others are canon divergent. In earlier Star Wars works, Padawans often trained at a Jedi temple.
- Crafting a lightsaber using force-sensitive crystals is often an important moment in a padawan's training, that requires isolation, meditation and sometimes a quest to discover their kyber crystal.
- Works featuring Order 66 are very often fix-its, with some employing time travel. They are also canon divergent fics, where the Order was unsuccessful and works set in No Order 66 AUs. Works focused on Jedi characters who survive Order 66 are often dark, and deal with the grief and guilt of survivors.
- Force Ghosts often appear to Jedi characters, providing guidance and closure to characters.
People who are not Jedi may be imagined as such in alternate universe works. In the AU, the character may have a connection to the Force that they don't have in canon. Characters who have a connection to the Force in canon, but not to the Jedi Order, can also be imagined as such. For example, an AU where Ben Solo is a Jedi.
- A Jedi's Life, a Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan story by Mac.
- The Phantom Menace Alternate Universe by Katana-Geldar, Follows the story of The Phantom Menace if Padme was a Jedi, as well as a few changes (2005)
- Taking a Closer Look at the Jedi Order in Star Wars Canon (Meta/Reference Guide) by gffa (2019, Canon EU)