|See also:||Andorian, Ferengi, Gorn, Klingon, Romulan, Tellarite, Vulcan, Orion|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Cardassians are a race of humanoid aliens that appear on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager. Their homeworld is Cardassia Prime, a planet in the Cardassian System which is part of the Alpha Quadrant.
The Cardassian race was popular with many fans, sometimes called 'Cardie-lovers'. Popular Cardassian characters from DS9 canon include Elim Garak, Kelas Parmak, Gul Dukat, Damar, Enabran Tain and the half-Bajoran, Tora Ziyal.
Seska is a female undercover Cardassian operative who was genetically altered to appear Bajoran in ST: VOY.
- Cardassian Chronicles - a print-zine from the 1990s containing gen and het fiction
- Scaly Tales e-zine
- The Cardassian Inquisitor - a Gul Dukat-centered newsletter (1999-2000)
- Uncertain Times (multimedia zine) - a 2018 fanzine set in and around Cardassia and Cardassians.
- Splintered: A Romance in Six Seasons by Cân Cennau - explores a worldbuilt Cardassia through the eyes of Julian Bashir. (Bashir/Garak/Parmak)
- Notions by ssorrell - explores the rebuilt Cardassia and Cardassian customs. (Bashir/Garak/Parmak, Garak/Lok)
- Some Speculations on Cardassian Anatomy (2001)
- new fan theory generated with @calamitylena: cardassians are nocturnal. by calamitylena and shevathegun
- Cardassian military uniforms are so bulky because they contain heating and cooling elements. by spyrograph
- Kardasi according to tinsnip and Vyc by Tinsnip and Vyc - a construction of a main Cardassian language, based on work by galileoace, Timothy Miller and RunicCode.
- Guide to the Cheða / Chedha Constructed Language by Cân Cennau - a construction of a minority Cardassian language, set in the northern peninsula of Indar/Enðarh
Dukat by Cyndy Collins, 1999
External Resources for Further Reading
- Institute of Alien Studies: Cardassian Orientation Studies
- Cardassian entry on Memory Alpha (canon resource)