|Alias(es):||jinjur, jinjurly, Allison Morris|
|Type:||podficcer, fanwriter, archivist|
|Fandoms:||Stargate Atlantis, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, L. Frank Baum's "Oz" books, Doctor Who, Robin of Sherwood, Babylon 5, Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, The Monkees, Robotech, Xena|
|Communities:||Amplificathon, DVD Commentary Challenge|
podfic read by jinjur
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- the Audiofic Archive
- The Magical Number Seven (Plus or Minus Two) - Stargate Atlantis fic written for the 2009 SGA Big Bang, gen team(s)fic involving memory loss and robots.
- DVD Commentary on Your Cowboy Days Are Over, an influential SGA fic by samdonne.
Jinjur volunteered for the Organization for Transformative Works for four years. They were on the Board of Directors from 2010 to 2011, and were President of the board for 2011. They were previously an AO3 tag wrangler, volunteered for the Webmasters and Communications committees, and chaired the Volcom committee in 2011.
They resigned from all their OTW positions at the end of 2011.
Their OTW biography states:
Allison Morris has a BA in Japanese Literature from the University of Michigan and currently works in a public library as a public services supervisor. A lifelong fan, Morris is particularly interested in fanworks that honor the work of other fans and transform other fanworks, including remixes, podfic, recs, and other fan arts. She is a prolific creator and advocate of podfic; she built and maintains the Audiofic archive, providing a stable, permanent home for a constantly growing collection of podfic, and has conducted several podfic workshops. In addition to the Audiofic archive, Morris hosts and maintains websites for a number of other fans, moderates several ongoing communities and challenges, and participates in conventions and fandom-related conferences when she can.
Of podfics read by general jinjur, thingswithwings said:
jinjur is the undisputed god of podfic, the maintainer of the archive to which I have linked all through this recs set, and she's also an accomplished and enthusiastic reader herself. [...] She's another American lady, with those really great American As and Os on words like 'not' and 'bar' and 'sorry' and 'had' and 'Rodney' and 'obviously' and 'god.' I love her slightly-brash slightly-wry matter-of-fact reading voice. She'll try to convince you that she's a reader of depressing epics, and while she does read depressing epics beaaaaauutifully [...] don't let her fool you; she has great comic timing and has read some brilliant comedy [...]. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that she's an amazing reader and that she's read practically every genre of fic that you can think of; I could survive for months on jinjur-read podfic alone. She's funny but not goofy, and emotional but not TOO serious; you really can't go wrong with her stuff.
- "everything i have written or created is fair game for further transformative work, including, but not limited to: podfic, remix, sequels, meta, negative reviews that will make me cry, and commentaries. just credit me for the part of the work that i did, and let me know if you get a chance. <3" from User:Jinjurly's fanlore page. (Accessed 5 Jan 2012)
- general_jinjur. look it's not a gchat transcript. Posted to Dreamwidth 12 November 2011. (Accessed 6 July 2012)
- Five Days of Podfic Recs: Day Five - Five Podfic Readers I Love post by thingswithwings, 30 July 2009. (Accessed 5 Jan 2012)