You may be looking for the fan Espresso Addict.
|Publisher:||Homosapien Press, agented in the US by Kathy Resch|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Espresso For One is a gen, het and slash anthology. It was published in Australia but also has an American agent, Kathy Resch. The zine is also available through the Knightwriter.org zine agenting site.
According to the expanded ad for this zine on the Knightwriter.org website: "This zine features stories about relationships with oomph - the sort that gives the readers a caffeine jolt - double espresso style - whether they are sexual (straight, slash or less-well-defined), or explore characters who are 'just' friends or bitter enemies. Includes slash in the following fandoms: Highlander, Eroica, Batman Returns, ST:TNG, Tombstone, Pros, Wiseguy, Good Omens, Garfield, Due South and more. 115,400 words."
Art has been included on Fanlore with the publisher's permission.
Espresso 1 was published in January 1990 and contains 140 pages.
- By Wisdom, Peace by Annie Stuart - She looked like someone the Kurgan knew. A long time ago, way back before everyone started looking alike. It was something about the tilt of her head, the way she faced him so defiantly. (Highlander (Movie)) (6 pages)
- Ever After by Barbara T and Colette T Bolech - Today Dorian felt particularly dazzling, for Major Eberbach had sent a message that he would be visiting England in the near future, and would be most grateful if the Earl could host him from Friday next, und so weiter... The frisson of desire for his beloved Major, and Klaus's answering energy, were the best thing in Dorian's current existence. (From Eroica With Love) (9 pages)
- Dealing With The Rage by Stew - The Catwoman paused to lick at her hand, cleaning it, then stroked her hand back over an ear. She stretched in languorous satisfaction, rolling her shoulders back, and declared, "I feel so delicious tonight. Who shall I play with?" (Batman Returns) (4 pages)
- There Are Five Lights by Jane Carnall - Picard raised his hand and smashed the box down, hard. It felt good, though the force of the blow made his muscles ache, and he did it again, harder, the sound ringing round the room as his own screams echoed still. Behind him the door opened, and Gul Madred came briskly up the long room, saying, "That won't help. I have many more." (Star Trek: the Next Generation) (16 pages)
- Betrothed by Annie Stuart (1 page) Highlander (Movie)
- Requiescat by Stew - Shadow man approached, wary, resolved into a moonlit Johnny Ringo. He and Doc Holliday considered each other from a safe distance. Neither of them valued safety: Ringo walked closer and said, "That was some show you put on back there." (Tombstone) (11 pages)
- (Stew's other Tombstone stories feature Billy and Fabian, Doc's friendship with Wyatt Earp, and Doc's affair with his fifteen-year-old cousin Juliet)
- For Thou Art Framed Of The Firm Truth Of Valour by Stew (Tombstone) (5 pages)
- Then I Defy You, Stars by Stew (Tombstone) (37 pages)
- Play For Blood by Stew (Tombstone) (4 pages)
- Time-Crossed Lovers by Jane Carnall with Ann Johnson - Dedicated affectionately, to all writers of "hysterical historicals" (Don't you realize what you've been putting the poor sods through?) (The Professionals) (3 pages) (Story on Jane's website).
- Sonnets by Jane Mailander - Five sonnets exploring five fascinating characters. (Wiseguy) (2 pages)
- The Ineffable, The Infernal and The Inelegant by Stew - The angel just looked at the demon, unamused with the practiced ease of one who has spent six thousand years being unamused by Crowley, and who wasn't going to start laughing at him now. (Good Omens) (6 pages)
- Wake Up and Smell The Cappuccino by Jane Carnall (Garfield) (1 page)
- Eden’s Eighth Day by Julien - "At eighteen? I had decisions to make. I'd wanted to be a cop since forever, it was my childhood dreams. I used to run around the neighbourhood shooting the bad guys." Ray was almost smiling at the memory. "Did you play mounties and robbers when you were a kid?" (Due South) (16 pages)
- Live To Tell by Annie Stuart - First in a trilogy of stories involving Clark and the character Jack from first season. (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) (4 pages)
- Next Weekend by Annie Stuart - Second in the trilogy. (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) (6 pages)
- Great Shades of Elvis by Annie Stuart - Third in the trilogy. (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) (3 pages)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
See reactions and reviews for Time-Crossed Lovers.
- That Phase of the Moon (Xena) by Annie Stuart, Xena/Gabrielle slash 6
- A Different Angle (Due South) by Gillian Middleton, Benton Fraser & Ray Vecchio friendship 13
- To You Everything I Bestow (recent Romeo & Juliet movie) by Julien, Romeo / Mercutio slash 36
- The Shoemaker and the Elf (Due South) by Michelle Christian, Benton Fraser & Ray Vecchio friendship 52
- Be Careful What You Wish For... (Star Wars) by Anna Vie, two original male characters slash 55
- Take Heed Of Loving Me (Tombstone) by Annie Stuart and Julien, Doc Holliday / Wyatt Earp slash 64
- An Indulgence (Tombstone) by Julien, Doc Holliday / Wyatt Earp & original female character ménage a trois 97
- If There Are Gods (Star Trek: TNG) by Jane Carnall, Jean*Luc Picard & Geseja na Paneris (Gul Madred's wife) enemies and friendship 137
- Elaine Changes Her Mind (Due South) by Lainie Stone, Ray Vecchio & Elaine Besbriss friendship and romance 141
Espresso for Three was published in 2000 and contains 158 pages.
- Will and Kit by Julien Shakespeare in Love 5
- Once Upon a Time in Outer Space by Linda Terrell (Blake's 7) 23
- In That Stillness by Michelle Christian (Due South) 29
- The Warlord and the Jedi by Anna Vie (SW: The Phantom Menace) 36
- What Must Be, Shall Be by Julien (SW: The Phantom Menace) 47
- Guardians by Red Wolf (Professionals) 50
- Black Moment by Jane Mailander (X-Files) 81
- Past Due by Linda Terrell (X-Files) 84
- Poetry by Linda Terrell (X-Files/American Indian) 87
- Another Day, Another Phase by Julien (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) 93
- A Good Job by Jane Carnall (Star Trek: TNG) 101