|Alias(es):||zvi_likes_tv, zvilikestv, ZviLikesTV, WitchQueen|
|Type:||meta, metadiscussion, fanwriter, moderator|
|Fandoms:||Farscape, Grey's Anatomy, Popslash, Smallville, The X-Files, Anita Blake|
|Communities:||3-ships (I Saw Three Ships)|
zvi's fic website
|URL:||zvi at AO3|
zvi at Dreamwidth
ZviLikesTV at Fanlore
zvi_likes_tv at LiveJournal
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
zvi is a fanwriter, known for her meta and fanfiction writing. Many of her meta essays have dealt with issues related to race and racism in fandom. She introduced the term Imbroglio in the fannish vocabulary, and with it the idea that not all heated discussions are wank.
From zvi's Fanlore userpage:
I'm a black, lesbian, American, which means I get written out of the story of white! heterosexual! female slash writers pretty often. I make a lot of noise about it.
zvi has also contributed to and founded fan communities and events. She moderated the I Saw Three Ships challenge, and the We Invented the Remix challenge. Was an archivist for the Farscape/Archive, and also founded and moderated the podficmeta community. zvi also came up with the Slasher Hanky Code at a 2004 Connexions convention panel. In the past, zvi has volunteered with the Organization for Transformative Works, working on the website committee and as a tester on An Archive of Our Own.
I resisted having a "permissions" statement for a long time, because I think you can already do these things without asking me, but just so you know: you may always link to or respond to any publicly posted meta or essays I have written. You may always remix, podfic, create art for or create secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have posted. You should include a link back to my work, so people can understand your work in the fullness of its context. I would appreciate being sent a link to anything you post publicly based on my work, because I like to see what interesting things people are up to, but it's not required.
- The Loudest Noise (affannato, affettuoso, agitato) -- Star Trek XI vignette. Victoria P writes: This is a fantastic look at how Gaila really, truly is alien, and at how she and Nyota negotiate their friendship. Lovely. Vivid and well-imagined.
- Jazz in the Machine (2002)
- Some advice for white people in fandom (2006)
- Dog Whistles and Insults (2007), essay on the use of the term miscegenation in Harry Potter fandom, which resulted in what fandom_wank called HP racewank
- Pro-Character of Color/Anti-Racism Guide (2007)
- Warnings (2009 post by zvi)
- Tags (Wuzzles) explained, an Ao3 newspost, by zvi. See also, zvi's original comments on
TagsWuzzles and Curated folksonomy (2009)
- I made this, a list of zvi's projects at zvilikestv.net, accessed 16/6/2021
- Fansplaining: Episode 22B Race and Fandom (transcript)
- zvi's profile on Ao3, accessed 16/06/2021
- Unfit for Society: i had a feeling that i belonged (accessed 14 May 2012)