So, at this moment this is History of Vidding, and Aestetics of Vidding. At some point, they may need to be broken out... Sherrold 21:55, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- Whoa, that template box takes up the whole page now. Am I the only one seeing that? --Speranza 22:19, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not seeing the template box at all -- has someone removed it?Sherrold 22:54, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- Someone did something. The box is all messed up. *tries to figure out what happened*--Kyuuketsukirui 22:58, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
trademarks and product names
I noticed that a change I made to delete the trademark symbol from Movie Maker and fixing the name of iMovie (spelled wrong) were revised back to the before. I'd really like to recommend strongly against using such things as trademark and copyright symbols in any pages on this wiki -- it's a slippery slope and one that no publications engage in. The trademark holders are the only ones required to protect their trademarks with symbols -- no one else is required to use them when discussing the products, and if we do it here, we're going to have to do it for everything, which kind of goes against fandom. --gwyn 22:16, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- oops! Not intentially! I had it open an hour or so, and made hundreds of changes and our changes conflicted. I tried to put back everything of yours, but I must have missed those.Sherrold 22:54, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- oh, coolio! I didn't realize you could check out pages at the same time, in essence. I've gotten so used to content management systems where that can't happen, I just assumed, and you know what that makes me!--gwyn 01:26, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
If it helps at all, the first digital vid brought to Escapade was the LFN vid "Sleep to Dream" in 1998 (I'm very sure of the year because it was my first!) That vid was 15 fps. The next year I brought my first vids to Escapade, which were 30 fps, made with the Pinnacle hardware/software. Carol S. used the same setup for a time, but I'm not sure when she started with it. If that helps. If not, ignore it :) - Melina 22:49, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
3 houses of vidding
I want to move the information related to the 3 houses of vidding to the Geneology of Vidding fanwork entry, as it's basically a restatement of the panel with some additional information. --rache 17:38, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Done! Section moved to The Genealogy of Vidding - Rachael Sabotini --rache 22:11, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Both Sides Now
The page says that Kandy Fong's Both Sides Now was "set to video." I thought a video was made of the presentation, which seems to me a different thing. Am I misunderstanding? --Betty 20:31, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Male Vidders & The Media
Several years back, there was some annoyance about a magazine or newspaper article that suggested that men had invented vidding. I just found a similar article that focuses on men, and calls vidding "trackjacking." Is it worth noting that some outsiders think "cool technological stuff" = male? --Anenko 16:45, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- I've been thinking a page on Remix Culture which is what the article seems to be talking about in general would be a good idea. That article mentions Jonathon McIntosh, the guy who gets most of the media attention--he's the buffy vs. edward guy--and it would be great to get some discussion of how remix culture is like and unlike vidding. I don't consider buffy vs. edward a vid, and yet it's hard to articulate why I feel that way. There's a TWC symposium blog post about a book that purports to be a taxonomy of digital remixing and it ignores vidding entirely, focusing on the male-dominated remix and parody forms of the art. So this is definitely something fans have noticed and talk about. --facetofcathy 18:13, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
Vid Template Request
I'd like to request a new vid template. Right now, the vid template is for single vid works. What we need is one for vidding compilations -- vid collections made up from vids from different fandoms. Right now, they are in Multifandom Vids, all mixed up with single vids which incorporate three or more fandoms as sources. --MPH (talk) 19:24, 21 October 2014 (UTC)
- How about this? Template:VidCollection. I wasn't sure what fields would be needed.--æþel (talk) 19:53, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, æþel. I pinged MeeDee about it to see what she thinks. --MPH (talk) 20:22, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
This page seems to need some serious work
Like the famous vidders section seems really arbitrary and outdated, the page as a whole seems outdated, and idk.
People make fanvideos of actors/actresses, of non "anime" type animated fandoms, etc.
There is so much that feels like it should be added to the page that I'm not even sure where to begin.
- Yes, I will take stab at it. But wow, I'm going to need a lot of help. Any takers? --MPH (talk) 16:41, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- What there isn't much of is centralized discussion of vidding technique, aesthetics and cultures. I had originally thought the vid page might be a place to start with that, but I'm more inclined to think that the digital vidding page or a separate page just for aesthetics might work better. I'm a consumer of vids, not someone who can really talk about vids or vidding on a technical or aesthetic level, so I'm not sure about structure, and structure can always be moved anyway.
- What would be wonderful if more of the lore of vids made it onto Fanlore.
I think we should make a separate page for the full list of external vidding meta links and possibly only include the ones with Fanlore page on the main vidding page. The top link will of course be to the large list of external links.--MeeDee (talk) 04:40, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
- Sure: List of Vidding Meta? I would include essays that do have a Fanlore page, or it won't look like a complete list. And then cherry-pick a few with Fanlore pages for the main Vidding page.--aethel (talk) 21:50, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- I still have a few months of 2005 to get through, then work my way back to 2009-2011. I'll leave a note here when I am done? That way you'll have the complete set of options before you start picking and choosing. I aklso have a tool that will allow us to alphabetize the list which I can do before they get moved.--MeeDee (talk) 22:10, 2 October 2016 (UTC)