Supernatural and J-Squared Big Bang Challenge!/2007
|Related terms:||SPN J2 Big Bang 2008|
SPN J2 Big Bang 2009
SPN J2 Big Bang 2010
SPN J2 Big Bang 2011
SPN J2 Big Bang 2012
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
2007 Big Bang Master List
2007 Big Bang
All This Damage by raise_a_glass (Jared/Jensen overall, includes Mike/Jensen and OMC/Jensen).
- Summary: Jared and Jensen each have feelings for each other, but both are afraid to reveal them, for very different reasons. Jared is concerned about Jensen's behaviour, particularly after stumbling onto a disturbing scene. Jensen's behaviour becomes even more erratic and self-destructive after the death by suicide of his cousin. Jared works together with Chris to try to figure out how to help him, and discover something very disturbing about Jensen's past.
- Art: xingou
Beds That Have No Answer by embroiderama (Jared/Jensen and Jeff/Jensen).
- Summary: Five years ago, Jensen got lost, and Jeff found him. Now, Jared and Jensen are together, but when Jared finds out about Jensen's past it looks like everything's going to fall apart.
- Art: causette and ihearthings_ii
- Summary: Jensen Ackles is 23, a former high fashion model and current bored house-husband to a workaholic executive wife, Carla. He's a trophy and proud of it, that is until Carla hires the gorgeous (twinky) Jared Padalecki as their gardener for the summer, because Jared has Jensen questioning all kinds of things; his position as Carla's arm ornament, his sexuality, and his marriage. And since Carla is so often absent on business trips, the two find it easy to grow close, with nothing but each other and a large empty house to occupy them throughout the summer months...
- Art: megselv
Faint Stars and Bright Satellite Skies by marishna (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: It's a story made for Hollywood- a chance encounter between a regular, down-to-earth guy with his whole life planned out for him without a second thought and a well-known, popular movie star turns into something far bigger than either man could ever anticipate. Neither Jared Padalecki nor Jensen Ackles expect or want the complications that arise in their lives from their fast friendship- especially when it develops into something neither expected. While Jared accepts and tries to deal with his growing feelings for his famous friend, Jensen fights it every step of the way until his strictly controlled life, hidden behind a public persona, spins out of control.
- Art: nemo_88
The Hour Before Dawn by kashmir1 (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: Jensen and Jared, both New York City police officers, are assigned to the case of a string of murdered prostitutes. As they delve deeper and deeper into the underbelly of the city, the case not only threatens their relationship but their lives.
- Art: _audrey and lost_witness
The Field Guide to Surviving Kink (Five Kinky Days) by amara_m (Jared/Jensen).
- Summary: Jensen has a thing for Jared's hands...and his hips...and bathrooms...Jared has a thing for Jensen's lips...and food...and seducing co-stars...It starts as "innocent" flirtation, but a few too many shots of tequila after a long hard week on set, and maybe both boys learn a few things about kinky in the five days they have off.
- Art: sillyshy
Halfway Home by lemmealone (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared has lost his wife and Jensen has lost his mind. In the end they're both okay, as long as they keep driving.
- Art: grayscaled and a_fallen_sister
Honey Flower, Apple and Lime (or, The Tale Of The Rake And The Footman) by veronamay (Jensen/Jared).
- Summary: The year is 1855. Jensen is the scion of a wealthy Dallas family, heir to a ranching empire that stretches across the American Southwest. Until now, he has led a life of carefree abandon, charming his way into boudoirs and out of entanglements by dint of his silver-tongued wit. After his father's sudden death, Jensen is sent to London by his stepmother to acquire a wife during the Season. Threatened with disinheritance should he make an unsuitable match, he arrives on the doorstep of his friend Welling's household prepared—reluctantly—to do his duty. Everything changes, however, when he lays eyes upon the Wellings' newest footman. Padalecki is tall, strong, intelligent and beautiful—everything Jensen admires in a man. From the moment they meet, Jensen is willing to risk everything to gain the gorgeous Texan's love. But Padalecki wants nothing to do with Jensen ... or does he?
- Art: derryderrydown
If It Wasn’t For You Meddling Kids by apocalypsos (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU
- Summary: Jared is one of the leads of the new TV show "Supernatural", but under cover of darkness he is Shadow, a costumed superhero in dark blue spandex who prowls the streets fighting crime and saving people. The move to Vancouver means dealing with an entirely new city to patrol, Mike and Tom's ridiculous excuse for a two-man superhero team, and the mysterious man in black on a motorcycle who's following "Shadow" on his patrols and keeping Jared up nights. In other words, Jared’s a tall friendly Texan who walks through walls, Jensen’s his reserved new co-star -- together, THEY FIGHT CRIME! \o/
- Art: kshapiro
Last Stop: Chicagoland by phaballa (Jensen/Jared). the language of waves and radiation (or, how the dead speak to the living) by moveablehistory (Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki).
- Summary:UNITED NATIONS FIELD REPORT #00325-DB
The United Nations has been conducting an internal investigation into the activities of Jared Tristan Padalecki (b. 19 July 1982) and Jensen Ross Ackles (b. 1 March 1978), during the period of December 31st, 2007 to January 1st, 2010.
During this three year time frame, we believe that Mr. Padalecki and Mr. Ackles were engaged in espionage, extortion, and the willful destruction of United States Government property resulting in extensive and incalculable losses. The destruction of the international ECHELON program, attributed to Mr. Padalecki and Mr. Ackles, as well as the redistribution of copyrighted, classified and private information in the aftermath of the 2008-2010 Avian Influenza epidemic, has been estimated to have caused or been credited as having caused the restructurization of government policy succeeding the massive demonstrations against the reinstitution of intellectual property rights. While their work has been credited as 'kick-starting' the government rebuilding after the 2012 Sunspots, it remains that their activities were of an illegal, anarchistic and treasonous nature. (excerpt, "United Nations Field Report", May 17th, 2037)
- Art: sansets & timbean
- Summary: But Jensen came home after a show and it was two in the morning, it was a Saturday night and Jared waited up for him. He was just sitting there, grinning, and Jensen knew. Anne was pregnant. Knocked up. In the family way. It was done. Anne was going have their kid. It wasn't until that moment that Jensen started freaking out. Jensen and Jared are married with kids. Not an AU.
- Art: affectingly
Love Through Music by pyroblaze18 (Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki). Word count: 20,130.
- Summary: Sometimes you have to pay attention to a song to find what it's really saying to you; at least that's what Jared is discovering…
- Art: exsequar
Maybe This by nu_breed and alwayseven (Jared/Jensen, Jared/Chris). RPS AU.
- Summary: LA may be the place that dreams are made of, but it's cold and lonely when you're a Texas boy with a secret. Jensen's a closeted actor on the verge of making it and Jared's the hooker who's seen it all. What kind of fairytale ending can they hope for in a town that puts a price on everything? Warning: Drug use
- Art: lost_witness
Monogatari by winterlive (Jensen/Jared). RPS AU.
- Summary: in short, in sum this story answers the question, what if jensen and jared were samurai.
- Art: joosetta
Not Quite Model Behavior by indigo_blind (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary:Jared Padalecki is a contestant on the hit reality show America's Next Top Male, hosted by none other than the world's leading male model Jensen Ackles. Through the course of the show and the challenges Jensen falls for one of the contestants of his show, causing a few little problems along the way.
- Art: gwentastic
Off the Script by jasmasson (J-squared, brief JA/OMC)
- Summary: Jensen Ackles was the porn industry’s leading star for years, until Jared Padalecki came along. Jensen’s world-weary and disillusioned. Jared’s… not. Warning: This is set in the gay porn industry and features a lot of kinks, including mentions of underage, as well as fantasy spanking, cross-dressing and orgasm denial.
- Art: cathybites and xingou
there moves a thread that has no end. by strippedpink (Jared/Jensen).
- Summary: Sometimes you get a second chance to see what’s right in front of you.
- Art: waterofthemoon & lostt1
The Truth About Heaven by Destina (Jared/Jensen).
- Summary: As Supernatural nears the end of its run, Jared and Jensen have careers and relationships waiting for them. Trouble is, all they want is each other, and a string of quiet epiphanies changes everything.
- Art: gottalovev
Two times Jared (or when Jared stopped believing he was straight) by benitle (Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki). RPS (AU, kinda).
- Summary: Jared thinks he's a normal, straight guy. Until he meets his gay self, or well, his other self that's a little more than gay for Jensen.
- Art: lady__vaako
When I Look At You (I’ve Got A Second Chance) by itsthedetails (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared and Jensen meet at camp as teenagers, spending one summer together falling in love, but when the summer ends unforeseen events lead them to be separated. Four years later fate reunites them in college. Will all the obstacles in their path keep them from finding love with each other once again?
- Art: causette
SPN Gen RPF
And the Loser Has To Do It Twice by jade_starlight (Gen).
- Summary: Jared and Jensen are college students involved in a game of zombies vs. humans. Will they manage to stay alive, will Chad and his ever-growing group of zombies snack on their brains or will the poor zombies all starve to death? Will either Jensen or Jared manage to stay sane? And is Jensen just a little too attached to his favorite Nerf gun?
- Art: livedittwice and sarahtoga
And In the End He Traded His Tired Wings by slytherinblack (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Sam and Dean investigate suicides at a law school and Sam has trouble dealing with seeing something he wants and can't have.
- Art: aynslee,
Exact Change by dontyouwaitup (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Sam is the physical embodiment of everything Dean has ever done right in his entire life.
- Art: morgaine22
Hunger of Old Mouths by plutogirl10 (Sam/Dean). Word count: 29,000.
- Summary: A string of ritualistic deaths have the boys heading deep into swampland in search of answers. With Dean restless and eager for a hunt, and Sam already sensing trouble, they make a tempting target for something dark looking to step between them. Before they know it, offers are made and deals are done -- and contracts written in blood are hard to break.
- Art: milenaa
The Knuckles of Skinnybone Tree by hansbekhart (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: John Winchester walks the badlands, lost on the Path of the Dead, when he meets two mysterious men: a pair of hunters chasing the same ghost that he is, who tell him that he's wound up more then twenty years in the future. They promise to get him back to his own time - back to his young children - but refuse to tell him anything about themselves. The three men find themselves entangled with the warring spirits of the land, but John is pursued by nightmares and caught up between the two hunters, who are keeping secrets that John doesn't understand.
- Art: clex_monkie89 and moment_of_sen
Mirror Mirror by deathangelgw (Sam/Dean, Dean/Sam/Dean).
- Summary: What happens when you go through a mirror? Sam has to find a way to fix it!
- Art: mkitty3 and thandie,
One Who Digs His Grave With His Teeth by das_kabinett (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Sam's been having nightmares about a demon gourmet with a taste for human flesh, Dean's got a secret he wants to hide, and they both got problems. Problems which vastly increase when Sam decides to take a field trip to hell, leaving Dean alone in a terrible little hotel room. Involves Missouri, food (lots of food), wanking in the shower, cell phone abuse, and 1938 westerns staring entirely midgets.
- Art: dystopiarcadia
The Far Side of the Sea by ellipsisblack (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: What's weird is that there is suddenly a twelfth century Scottish village nestled on the South Carolina shoreline. What's weirder is that none of the residents of the nearby town seem to think anything is wrong. The Winchesters swing in expecting to deal with the village and be on their way; after all, weird is their business. But then it deals with itself, vanishing with Dean inside. Suddenly, Dean is trapped in Ron Mor, and Sam is left in South Carolina, wondering how the hell to get him back. But that is only the beginning of their problems, because a month later, Dean suddenly shows up on the beach naked and disoriented, barely remembering Sam's name. Sam begins to realise that more has happened to his brother than he can possibly comprehend.
- Art: slodwick
She Sings and Dances for Your Joy (Sam/Dean, also Sam (solo), Sam/Jess, Sam/Jess/Dean).
- Summary: The way out isn't easy, and Sam's not sure he can do it on his own.
- Art: knittedshadow (?)
Spark by beatperfume (Sam/Dean AU).
- Summary: Dean Collins is a regular Chicago firefighter. Then he meets Sam, a mysterious guy who introduces him to a world he never knew existed. You can't run from the past, even if you've forgotten what it is.
- wordplay__ and ladyvyola
Rubber Ducky (You're the One) by Impertinence (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Dean turns into a rubber duck! Shenanigans ensue!
- Art: glockgal
The Summer Is Ended And We Are Not Yet Saved by tremblings (Sam/Dean)
- Summary: You keep acting like the real Sam is gone somewhere and he'll come back if we just wait him out. This is the real Sam. It's always been part of him, okay? This isn't a shape shifter, this isn't a doppleganger, this isn't a demonic possession. This is my brother. I'm dealing with it.
- Art: spuzz and moment_of_sen
Swear By All Flowers by sweetestdrain (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Two years after the yellow-eyed demon is defeated, the Winchesters are still waiting for their happy ending.
- Art: grayscaled and sarahtoga
This is Ourselves (Under Pressure) by clex_monkie89 (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: After Nightshifter, Sam and Dean hit the road. What follows is three months of fear and frustration with the FBI hot on their heels, trying to avoid the long arm of the law while still continuing to work. It's not easy; being on the run doesn't leave much time for breathing, nevermind sleep, sex or any much-needed downtime.
- Art: manasseh
To Write in Ancient Dreams by albydarned (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: Sam and Dean are taking a short break from hunting in order to head south so they can avoid winter - besides, doesn't a lot of f-ed up crap always happen in Florida anyways? On the way, they stop at a bed and breakfast in Tyringham, Massachusetts, and from the moment they step beyond the threshold of the motel, things quickly spiral out of control. Inexplainable runes carved onto the floor, painful visions about a sudden and apocolypic future, and an unnatural cold spell that blankets the entire area leave Sam and Dean scrambling for answers. The secret to averting disaster lies in the past, in the mouldy coffin of a long-dead servant and his unwavering belief in a dead religion and a goddess who needs a sacrifice; one that only Sam and Dean can provide
- Art: dun
We Were Twenty by elohvee (Sam/Dean).
- Summary:It takes three minutes to walk to the car, parked in a handicapped space. The decal looks wrong hanging from the rearview, the stamp on the license plate obscure. It takes a moment, the adjustment, and then Sam realizes.
"Dean," he says. "Those aren't Kansas plates."
Dean grunts. "Get in the car, Sam."
It's not an answer.
- Art: longleggedgit
When It Crackles by lyra_wing (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: A cult is rumored to be guarding the Fountain of Youth. Oh, and while investigating it, Sam and Dean get roped into getting married.
- Art: staranis
The Distance Between Two Hearts by thelonejuliet (Dean/OFC, mentions of Sam/Jess & Dean/Cassie)
- Summary: When Sam and Dean travel to Kentucky for a routine hunt, they find more than they bargain for in the reappearance of an old friend. The threads of long-hidden secrets quickly begin to unravel, one of which will change all their lives forever.
- Art: smth_blue and heart_cries
A Foreign Country by casspeach (Dean/OFC).
- Summary: Dean finds himself alone and badly injured on the side of a mountain in Colorado with no memory of who he is or what he’s doing there. This is the story of the life he makes for himself when he has no knowledge of hunting or the dangers lurking in the dark (or, gasp, Sam!!). When something threatens his new family he’s forced to fall back on lessons he can’t remember being taught, and skills he can’t remember acquiring to protect them.
- Art: griva_x
The Librarian, the Witch, and The Wal-Mart (or, How Sam and Dean Spent Their Summer Vacation) by buffyspazz (Sam/OFC, Dean/OFC).
- Summary: On a tip from Ash, Sam and Dean investigate some mysterious disappearances in a small town in North Carolina. All of the evidence points to two high-profile town leaders who may or may not be using magic to dispose of the bodies, but it isn't until Sam and Dean team up with an unusual group of townsfolk, including a librarian, a witch, the ghost of a Civil War general, and a teenaged pet psychic and electronics expert that they manage to crack the case.
- Art: astolat, scarlett_o
A Season for Crows by girl_wonder (Sam/Jessica, Dean/Jessica, Dean/OFC).
- Summary: Years after Sam left him for Stanford, Dean gets a call that Sam's been brutally murdered. While searching for something that's willing to murder a Winchester, Dean discovers just how involved Sam was in the life he tried to leave behind.
- Art: freedam, slodwick
of handbaskets and highways... by medie (Jo/OFC).
- Summary: "I wanted better for you than this, Jo. Guess I just wasn't ready to admit this is your idea of better."
Jo shook her head. "Not better, just mine."
Joanna Beth Harvelle grows up, gets a life, and gets laid. Naturally, this means Sam and Dean must be along for the ride. Or how there was girl on girl in a Supernatural fic and Dean Winchester didn't get to watch.
- Art: sequinissues
This One’s About the Girls by silver_spotted (Jo Harvelle/Ava Wilson).
- Summary: post Hunted, Jo finds Ava and promises to keep her safe. The life they build together becomes their source of strength and reason to fight.
- Art: 22by7
Down By The Riverside by legoline (Gen).
- Summary: It would have been John’s birthday next week, and Dean’s a moody wreck. To occupy his brother’s mind Sam digs up a possible haunting in a ghost town in Montana. Sam drags Dean there and finds that apparently his efforts to help his brother only make everything worse. For some reason Sam seems to have picked the worst of all places to go, but Dean won’t tell him why. Also the case turns out more complicated than originally anticipated.
- Art: milenaa and alchemise
El Viaje Misterioso de los Hermanos Winchester by regala_electra (Gen).
- Summary: “The Sunshine State,” Sam intones, as though he’s reading an ancient accursed incantation and not a splashy billboard welcoming them to the state of orange groves, Disneyworld, and cheerfully corrupt election hijinks. Sam and Dean head down to Miami to investigate strange drownings that may be connected to an honest-to-God mermaid. But nothing's clear-cut and things get weirder and weirder as the murder count rises and one of the boys finds himself under the Siren's sway. Throw in some excellent Cuban food, investigations in the heart of Little Havana, and a stolen boat leading to a ride ending in bondage ("Are you ready, Odysseus?”). Welcome to Miami.
- Art: livedittwice & leatherteal
Blue Moon Rising by harrigan (Gen).
- Summary: Dean is the brains this time and Sam is the brawn, and Equal Opportunity Whumpage ensues when the Winchester boys confront their first werewolf.
- Art: lady__vaako and shallowz
Last Fair Deal Gone Down by elanurel & wenchpixie (Gen).
- Summary: It's 2048 and the Winchester boys are entertaining their grandchildren in the family home over the summer vacation. They've pretty much retired from hunting now, given they're getting a little older and the Demon's long dead, and their kids have grownup unaware of the family business - as far as they're concerned that's Dean's garage...
Sam's earned his keep by writing best selling "thriller novels" based on their hunting experiences, which most of the grandkids have read. So when someone starts mutilating cattle in the local area Dean's younges tgrandchild, 13 year old Sammi, starts to investigate both the mutilations and her own family history. When she confirms that Winchesters hunt things and save people she decides that it's time forr the new generation to get in on the act...
- Art: slytherinblack, legoline
Occasional Demons by marinarusalka (Gen).
- Summary: Sam thinks Dean needs a change of scenery. Dean thinks Sam needs some distance from all the things that are hunting him. A possibly haunted research ship traveling from Hawaii to California seems like the perfect opportunity for a working vacation. The boys really need to learn to be more wary of perfect opportunities.
- Art: ileliberte
Phoenix by parenthetical and zooey_glass04 (Gen).
- Summary: Set post-2.15 - Tall Tales. Sam and Dean investigate a nursery fire in Phoenix, Arizona. The acrid smell that hit them was painfully familiar, though Sam tried to ignore it. He saw Dean register it too; his brother moved one step closer, hand poised by his gun. Too many bad memories. The room must have been the nursery, but there was almost nothing left to show it, save a solitary singed strip of wallpaper next to the door with a discoloured rainbow on it.
- Art: ladyvyola