Supernatural and J-Squared Big Bang Challenge!/2008
|Related terms:||SPN J2 Big Bang 2007|
SPN J2 Big Bang 2009
SPN J2 Big Bang 2010
SPN J2 Big Bang 2011
SPN J2 Big Bang 2012
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
2008 Big Bang
After The Tone by kashmir1 (Jared/Jensen). Word count: ~24,500.
- Summary: Years and years on the same show can spoil a guy, so it's no wonder that Jensen finds himself at loose ends after Supernatural's over. With Jared's schedule already filled up and no desire to play the Hollywood game anymore, Jensen takes a role in an Off-Broadway production in New York City, and starts himself on a journey to find out just who he is and exactly what - or who - he wants from life.
- Art: tinkabell007
Always a Part of Me by i_o_r_h_a_e_l (Jared Padalecki/Jensen Ackles, Jensen/Gerard Butler, Jared/Sandy). Word Count: 21,000+.
- Summary: The pressures of work and fame pull Jensen and Jared apart, sending Jensen into a destructive and dangerous relationship with an older man.
- Art: guard_the_cards
And Her Lips Were Cherry Red by jeyhawk (Jared/Jensen). Word count: ~ 46,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: After separating from his lover of five years, psychic Jared Padalecki finds himself at loss for what to do, but a plea from help from the FBI turns his life around and soon Jared and his estranged lover find themselves knee-deep in mystery, murders and ghosts with a very real threat towards their lives hanging over their heads. Can they unravel the truth before it's too late, or will their separation turn out to be of the terminal kind?
- Art: faith_mars
Any road will get you there (how Jared and Jensen didn't meet) by _doodle (J2, with Chris/Steve and past Jensen/Chris). Word Count: 53,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared and Jensen have shared the same friends for almost three years and somehow they've never managed to meet. With Jensen working in Vancouver and Jared working in L.A. the timing's always been wrong and the distance too great. Chris Kane firmly believes they'd be perfect for each other and between him and yet another missed meeting the curiosity becomes too much to stand. Through text messages, e-mails and instant messenger they start to bridge the distance between them. As their new found friendship develops into something more, past hurts threaten to repeat themselves. Can they make a long distance relationship work, even though they've never met?
- Art: celtic_cookie
Before It All There Was Them by delphinapterus (Jared/Jensen, Chris/Steve, Chris/Steve/Jensen). Word Count: ~40,700.
- Summary: When Jensen makes a bet that he can pass as a woman for five days Jared volunteers to keep him company because that is what best friends do. With their friends scheming to get them to each do something about their long held affection both Jared and Jensen are going to have an interesting five days. For his part Jensen is trying desperately not to ruin a good friendship with wanting more except now Jared is acting stranger than usual.
- Art: openmydoors
Boys Gone Wild by peaches (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 21,959.
- Summary: Using their driver’s delay to sneak off into the woods for a quickie seemed like a good idea at the time, until Jensen and Jared realize that they can’t find their way back to set. Lost in the forest, they have nothing but each other to lean on in their desperate attempt to survive. They soon find that fighting for their lives is an unfair battle, when nature fights back.
- Art: dun
Bright Lights (The Kind You Like to Flaunt) by raphaela667 (Jared/Jensen).
- Summary: Thing was, if he had never kissed him, Jensen wouldn’t have been standing here, a guitar under his hands, staring out into an audience he could barely see, on his last legs trying for something he could never seem to get near. Talking to a couple hundred people and wanting so fucking much for only one of them to hear him. Staring out into the audience, looking for a body too tall to be real, for stupid, floppy, sweaty hair and for somebody he should never have lost into the first place. Looking out into his audience, barely able to speak, and seeing everything but what he was wanting, and still knowing, knowing in a way he didn’t like to believe in, that it was out there. Bright lights out there.
- Art: musictoyourlips
C'est La Vie by annie46 (Jared/Sandy Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 20,648. RPS AU Slash
- Summary: Sandy wants to get married in Paris and what Sandy wants, Sandy gets. Jared goes along with it but things go badly wrong and, suddenly, Jared is jilted at the altar and is left, lost and alone in a City he barely knows. After a terrible accident, Jared meets Jensen Ackles - a man with a secret life - and gradually Jared learns to love again. But will Jensen's secret finally tear them apart and can life ever be sweet again?
- Art: alena2b
Come Play With Me by lexzilla (Jared/Jensen). Word count: c 24,700. RPS AU.
- Summary: Film geek Jared Padalecki is almost living the dream. He’s gone from excitable horror-convention-going fanboy to hot new cult film director in just five years. Now he has the budget, the studio and the stars. All he still needs to do is convince long forgotten B-movie actor Jensen Ackles that he wants to play the leading man in more than just his new movie and then it really will be 'happily ever after'. Of course, in life, just like in the movies, true love never runs smoothly...
- Art: gwentastic
Dirt on Our Uniforms by beckaandzac (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: ~38,100.
- Summary: Jared is a student at a snooty New England boarding school. Jensen is his shy new roommate. Jared's a goof, and Jensen wants to do something different now he's out from under the watchful eyes of his parents, so they start playing silly pranks around the school. (Don't mess with Texas, y'all.) After a while, in addition to being roommates and comrades in pranking, they're spending all their free time together... and maybe sometimes jerking each other off. And okay, maybe they kind of like each other. A lot. Possibly, you might even call it love (but you wouldn't do it in public). Features Jared's BFF/ex-girlfriend Sandy, Mr. Rosenbaum the crazy creative writing teacher, and a supporting cast of thousands (or at least dozens).
- Art: agt_bush
Do I seem bulletproof to you? by fleshflutter (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 96,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: When he can't find any acting work, Jared takes a job as driver and bodyguard to Jensen, who is an extremely expensive prostitute with a bad habit of attracting crazy people.
- Art: wanttobeatree
Dosvedanya, Mr Darcy by casspeach (J2, past JA/CK). Word count: 28,738. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jensen is a US Marshal working for the Witness Security program. He has just returned to work after a long leave of absence. Jared is a graduate student of slavic languages at UT Austin and the accidental witness to a massacre in the Russian teahouse at which he works. Jensen, and his partner Alona, are assigned to protect Jared until he can testify. Jensen suspects the case is linked to one three years ago. When the other witnesses start dying one by one, is it only paranoia that has Jensen suspecting a mole in the department?
- Art: sweetestdrain
Finding My Way Home Started With Finding You by ladyrhyanne (Jensen/Jared). Word Count: 69,830. RPS AU.
- Summary: Scott McCoy is searching for who he is, literally. Seven months ago he woke up from a coma with no memory as to who he is or how he ended up in the hospital in the first place. Not entirely content at the ranch he has taken refuge at but not exactly ready to face an unknown past he`s convinced himself to stay until he has more money saved up. That is until the sleepwalking and the dreams start then he knows he has to start searching for the life he`s forgotten.
Jensen Ackles-Padalecki has never accepted (despite a murder confession from Chad Michael Murray) that his husband Jared is dead. He won’t believe it until he sees Jared’s body. Once the phone calls from Jared begin, he has renewed hope of finding him even if his friends refuse to believe that Jared is alive.
Both of them start searching for a life missing but when they find each other can they find what’s lost?
- Art: gigglingkat
Floodlights by ambiguous_opal (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 30,011.
- Summary: Jensen Ackles has two things to blame for his recent string of bad luck: Karmology and Chad Michael Murray. They've driven him to the brink of death, brought on international humiliation when Chad left him for Jared Padalecki and now threaten to destroy the people Jensen cares the most about. But these things are also the biggest reminder that sometimes the worst things in life can give us the things we hold dear...
- Art: lostt1
Fourth Wall by raina_at (Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki, mention of past Jared/Chad). Word count: ~33,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: When famous murder mystery fiction writer Jared Padalecki is suspected of having murdered his former girlfriend, he turns to his ex-boyfriend and criminal defence lawyer Jensen Ackles for help. Matters soon get complicated both personally and professionally when both the case and their relationship as lawyer-client turn out far more difficult and volatile than either of them expected,and the lines between fiction and reality, past and present begin to blur.
- Art: petiii
Getting dressed in the dark by sazzlette (Jared/Jensen, Jared/Sandy, Jensen/Kristen). Word Count: 60,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared and Jensen—mortal enemies throughout high school—never thought that they would eventually end up as stepbrothers when Jensen’s divorced father asks Jared’s widowed mother out to dinner. Becoming a family takes more than sharing a house, but when the boys discover that they’re not as different from each other as they might have thought, being related gets a whole lot more interesting. High school and college bring their share of troubles with girls and schoolwork. But as Jared and Jensen’s perceptions of each other change and grow into something more, will they be prepared for the fallout?
- Art: nyaubaby
Godplay, art by lapillus (Jared/Jensen).
Half Truths and Whole Lies by rocketbalm (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 44,094. RPS AU.
- Summary: A bitter and distrustful former television journalist, forced out of a job that he loved and defined him is in search of some sort of revenge by writing his memoirs. His agent sets him up with a co author who is a former democratic speech writer and once rising PR star that disappeared from politics without explanation almost two years ago. Both men have secrets; both have reasons not to trust, but writing a book together means they have to learn to get past the anger and hurt and find a way to work together. It's not easy. It's not pretty. And sometimes it's just flat out dangerous. Bit by bit cracks start to appear in the walls they've built to protect themselves and they're shocked to discover the growing feelings they have for each other. When the secrets start to be unearthed and threaten to damage one or both of them, they have to find something deep within themselves to love before they can begin to love and protect someone else.
- Art: gwentastic
It's A Fine Line Between Love and Hate by indigo_blind (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: For years Jared Padalecki has ruled the fashion world, no one able to hold a candle to his work, but then comes along one Jensen Ackles, fresh off his win on Project Runway, and it's hate at first sight for Jared. Thrown together time after time Jared thinks it's time for teach Jensen a lesson that he'll never forget, only to find that he's one with something to learn.
- Art: jazalove
It’s A Thin Line Between Love And Hate by itsthedetails (Jared/Jensen with mentions of Jensen/OMC, Jared/Sandy and Jared/Zachary Quinto). Word count: 29,566.
- Summary: Both Jared and Jensen are semi-famous television stars when they first meet and a misunderstanding that occurs between them makes them rivals rather than friends, especially when they both land leading roles on two of the hottest shows currently on TV. As their rivalry grows and becomes more public, it seems they’ll never have a chance to straighten out their differences, until they are cast as Sam and Dean Winchester in the highly awaited major motion picture Supernatural. Will they work out their differences and discover that they can be more than just friends or will their rivalry cause Supernatural to go down in flames?
- Art: missyjack
In Production by reccea (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: around 40,000.
- Summary:A decade after Supernatural ends, Jared Padalecki is still working in series television. His marriage to Sandy is coming to an amicable end, and he's famous enough that he wants to be out of town before he becomes a tabloid headline.
Jensen Ackles has seen his career progress from small but weighty parts that earned him acclaim to above the title billing. The notoriously private Jensen extends an invitation--by way of a first-class plane ticket--for Jared to hide out at Jensen's mostly empty Paris flat while he films his next movie.
Three months in Paris is enough to tone down the tabloid attention, but Jared returns to LA only to find that he doesn't have everything figured out. They say you can't go home again, but Jared discovers that sometimes that's exactly what you have to do.
- Art: waterofthemoon
Into His Hand by Me, Dru [Drvsilla] (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: ~50,500. RPS AU.
- Summary: JR Ackles is a professional bullrider at the top of his game. He's got one thing on his mind: winning the championship belt buckle and the right to call himself the best in the world. His unwavering dedication and focus is finally put to the test in the form of JT Padalecki, an up-and-coming rider new to the professional ranks, who has his sights set on winning the PBR finals - and Jensen. Cowboys ride and get by on grit and tough determination - the question facing Jensen is if they have to do it alone.
- Art: cathybites
Kidnapped by kuhekabir (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: approximately 27,763 words.
- Summary: Jared goes missing for a whole month and when he is found, beaten and barely alive, he cannot remember a thing. What happened to him and is he truly safe now? And what is Jensen hiding from him?
- Art: chase_acow
Late Night Double Feature by vorpalblades (Jared/Jensen). Word count: 20,037
- Summary: Gone are the lazy summer days of Jared’s youth; he now has his first-ever job at the Starlight Cinemas. It’s nothing like he expected – long hours, hard work, and unpredictable coworkers, including one Jensen Ackles. Only one thing is certain: Jared’s going to learn more than how to make the perfect batch of popcorn.
- Art: gummishiip
The Learning Curve at Wakefield High by aynslee (Jared/Jensen). Wordcount: 22,200.
- Summary: When Jared accepts the job at Wakefield High, he expects the usual problems: lazy students, meddlesome parents, and an air conditioner that barely functions in the Texas heat. But he doesn’t expect his biggest problem, which comes in the form of his new boss — Principal Jensen Ackles.
- Art: lost_witness
A Lesson A Day (could kill you) by lycaness (Jensen/Jared, Jared/other, non-explicit Sandy/Chris). Word count: 120,000+. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared has an abusive past, and when his boss sends him to learn how to become a flair bartender, that past is brought back in a storm of pain when he falls in love with his teacher, Jensen. But Jensen has his own problems and soon their attraction causes nothing but trouble, especially when Jared tries to face his fears.
- Art: gigglingkat
Mad World by winchesterxgirl (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 33,443.
- Summary: Jared must find the strength to keep their family from being torn apart when the kidnapping of his and Jensen's six month old son nearly destroys their safe and perfect life.
- Art: alena2b
Nosce te ipsum by rei_c (Jensen POV; Jensen/Jared preslash, Chris/Steve, mentions of JDM/Mary-Louise Parker, lots of subtext). Word count: 34,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jensen’s been living in the Empire for over eight years and he’s just now realising he has a problem. When a solution presents itself in the form of a shaggy-haired guy holding a cup of coffee, will he accept an offer he really can’t afford to refuse?
- Art: megselv
Old Hideaway by ivy03 (Jared/Jensen). Word count: 28,200. RPS AU.
- Summary: It's Jared's first summer as a camp counselor. He didn't know what he was expecting at Camp Mahina, but it certainly wasn't the frequently shirtless sailing counselor with the perfect smile—who doesn't know he exists. Camp means living in close quarters with no privacy at all. How can Jared be expected to hide his crush when Jensen's everywhere he turns?
- Art: sillyshy
Of Dice and Jen(sen) by epeeblade (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 68,984. RPS AU.
- In 1999, Jensen is a senior at college, his biggest concerns are getting into grad school and planning his next roleplaying game. Everything changes when freshman Jared Padalecki joins the gaming club.
- Art: cathybites
On a Planet that Insists by marishna (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 27,262-ish.
- Summary: Rumours can haunt anyone, as Jared Padalecki has come to realize. So what if he's pursued a few youthful indiscretions? He never cared what anyone ever said about him until the whispers threaten to overshadow his fledgling acting career and any chance he has of becoming more than just a random guy in Jensen Ackles' life.
- Art: bad_pet
Only After Disaster can we be Resurrected by chase_acow (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: ~ 40,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared's life gets turned upside down when he rescues and befriends a man from a seedy underground fighting ring. Friendship turns to lust, turns to, well, he's not quite sure, but he does know that Jensen has become the most important thing in his recently upturned life. (Featuring: Tom Welling, Mike Rosenbaum, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Samantha Ferris, Chad Michael Murray, and Christian Kane.)
- Art: sazzy_angel
Open Mike Night at the Fremont by audrarose (Jared/Jensen). Word count: 27,415. RPS AU.
- Summary: Bookstore AU set in Chicago, with Jared as a sculptor who works out of a garage and Jensen as a bookstore clerk who's trying to get over a tragedy.
- Art: grayscaled
Regaining Sense by astri13 (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 27.361. RPS AU.
- Summary: A vengeful crime-boss cost Jensen not only his eyesight but also a promising career with the FBI. When the man resurfaces two years later, Jensen is not thrilled to find himself taken into protective custody, even less so when the Agent in harge turns out to be Jensen's former partner and boyfriend, Jared Padalecki. Will the two men be able to overcome their differences and work together to not only stop the bad guy but also uncover the mole in their own ranks before it is too late?
- Art: rainevalentine
Relax, it's just sex by alwayseven (Jared/Jensen, minor Chad/Jared). Word Count: 29,000+. RPS AU.
- Summary: JDM.com is an amateur porn website specializing in the "gay education" of straight college guys. Jared's best friend Chad talks him into doing a couple solo videos to help pay his college tuition. What's a little gay porn in the grand scheme of things? And then Jared meets Jensen and everything changes.
- Art: peach_gurl
Rules of Engagement by siubhlach (Jensen/Jared). Word Count: ~37,000.
- Summary: Jensen Ackles is a high class hooker with a secret past, working for one of the most prestigious and discreet escort agencies in the continental US. Jared Padalecki is a rich and ruthless businessman, the biggest thing the computing industry has seen in over a decade. He seems like just another entry in the long line of selfish assholes that Jensen caters to on a daily basis and, when Jared engages Jensen as his companion for a three month stretch, Jensen assumes it will be just another job; an irritation compensated for by an extortionately high paycheck. He couldn't have been more wrong. The more he gets to know his new employer, the more he realises that Jared hides a dark nature behind his publicly charming exterior. As his desire to break Jensen becomes more and more apparent and, as Jensen finds himself mired ever deeper in the dark and dirty side of Jared's shadier business dealings, th question becomes less about whether Jensen can cope with the job and more about whether he can survive it. (BDSM, d/s, enforced consent (hooker!fic), bondage, toys, orgasm denial, spanking, knifeplay, secondary character death, character assassination of well-known names, violence, drug use.)
- Art: fallen_for_lost
- Summary: Everything is going fine for Dr. Jensen Ackles, a successful 3rd-year resident in obstetrics and gynecology at Grace's Heart hospital in San Francisco. But when a 22-year-old art student shows up at claiming he's pregnant, Jensen is completely certain he's crazy. After a bunch of tests, a sonogram and a bizarre story about having invoked the wrath of a ram-headed Egyptian fertility god, it turns out that Jared Padalecki isn't joking: he really did get knocked up! And when Jared insists on having an OB-GYN of his own gender, Jensen's long stretch of successfully not falling for one of his patients is finally at an end.
- Art: ignited
Silence = Death by benitle (Jensen/Jared). Word count: ca. 55,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jensen Ackles has a problem: while his newly-gay boyfriend Jared is perfectly fine with Jensen, their daughters and he all moving into their first home together, he's not fine with telling his parents about his new life.
It doesn't take long until Jensen's wish for Jared to come out and to stand up for his family leads to fights and tension. When the perfect occasion arises – the birthday of Jared's mother – Jared finally gives in and agrees to take Jensen and their daughters to San Antonio to meet his parents.
The trip to Texas sucks everyone into a proper roller coaster ride of emotions.
- Art: taliosi_x
Spiked! The VolleyVerse by texankate (Jared/Jensen). RPS AU.
- Summary: When Jensen meets Mac's new volleyball coach, he falls head over heels in lust. Can they overcome misunderstanding and tragedy and find their way to each other?
- Art: sarahtoga
Shipwrecked by the Laughter of Gods by cyndrarae (Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki). Word Count: ~36,000. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared Padalecki had his plan carefully laid out - Fuck the guy, keep him facing the cameras, then collect the money and run like hell. It was a simple job really. He wasn't too worried. And they were going to pay him so well...Jensen Ackles prided himself for his excellent judgment of truth and character. It had served him well so far, and he had no reasons to doubt otherwise. So when Jensen meets Jared, he thinks he has him all figured out...
- Art: glitter_noire
Spin the Light to Gold by belyste (Jared/Jensen). Word count: 52,000.
- Summary: It's Jared's first summer as a junior counselor at an idyllic summer camp, and he's looking forward to as much sun and fun as he can handle. But things don't turn out exactly as he plans, and his summer takes an interesting turn when he finds himself falling for a hot older counselor. Featuring Chad, crafts, hordes of kids, and all the summer camp cliches imaginable.
- Art: lost_witness
Stuck On Delete by matchstickmen (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 61,042. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jared's in a punk band and Jensen's a rudeboy - this is what happens when they go on tour together.
- Art: slodwick
Tenth Step: To Fight The Monsters You Know and Brave the Paths You Don’t by kliqzangel (J2, Chad/Mike, Chris/Steve Former - Mike/Tom, Chris/Jensen, Jared/OMC). Word Count: 31,738.
- Summary: Getting Jensen clean was supposed to have been the hard part. Was it? Or will the recovery prove to be their undoing. As Jensen tries to navigate his way through sobriety, can he keep Jared in his sights? Or will he lose track of the one thing that matters the most to him? When Jared loses hope and needs direction, who will be the unlikely one he turns to? Then, when “the secret” comes out, who will fall victim under jealous rage, and who will save the day in the end?
- Art: arabella_hope
To Wake a Captive Dreamer by sophie_448 (Jared/Jensen, also Chris/Steve). Word Count: 27,234.
- Summary: Once upon a time (ten years ago to be precise) something terrible happened to Jensen. He’s been dealing with it, or failing to deal with it, ever since. His best friend, Chris, takes care of him and Steve takes care of Chris. They’re one precariously balanced little family who also happen to play in a band together. When Jared becomes their new bassist, everything changes. An unorthodox retelling of Sleeping Beauty.
- Art: causette
An Unlikely Pair by liquid_nitrogen & deviant_dev (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 21,300+. RPS AU.
- Summary: U.S. figure skating champions, Jensen Ackles & Sophia Bush are aiming for Olympic Gold, but an injury threatens to knock them out of the 2010 Winter Olympics. U.S. Hockey player, Jared Padalecki has just been kicked off the team for fighting with a fellow teammate over an alleged affair. A surprise twist of fate comes for all of them, when Sophia, who also happens to be Jared's cousin, finds out there's no rules in Figure Skating preventing two members of the same sex to be a pair. Now this unlikely pair of men are working together to achieve their dream of Olympic Gold.
- Art: faith_mars
Veterans of the Psychic Wars by kalireynn and kellwyntar (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 45,294. RPS AU.
- Summary: When the invasion came, no-one was ready. Humanity faltered. We died by the thousands, then by the millions. Nations fell before them before the survivors could begin to hold them back.
The battles raged across the world, and communications became difficult, and then impossible. South America was gone. Before contact with Europe and Asia was lost, they were struggling, but surviving. In North America, the line held at last, a curve that stretched from Oregon to Louisiana. To the south, a battle-ravaged wasteland. To the north, the survivors and the refugees huddled beneath the shields of the Protected Zone, safe by the work of shield Psions who could form the only barrier that worked.
Along the front, soldiers waged war at terrible cost against an enemy that was truly inhuman. The tides of war turned on the work of battlefront Psions and their Guardians, elite warriors who could change the course of a battle with their skill and power.
At the most desperate moment in humanity's history, two men would face the battle. Jared Padalecki, a Psion whose power could only lead him to self-destruction alone in the face of the horrors of war, and Jensen Ackles, a Guardian fractured by his past.
Apart, they are broken and incomplete. Together, they just might save the world, and maybe even themselves.
- Art: angstpuppy
Walls by dhvana (Jensen/Jared). Word Count: 27,917. RPS AU.
- Summary: Jensen Ackles, the son of a wealthy shipping magnate, is the head of the company’s Miami office. His life consists of his job, caffeine, and hours of shallow, meaningless sex, and he couldn’t be happier until he discovers artist Jared Padalecki. One look and he wants nothing more to get into his pants, so he hires Jared as an excuse to meet him. The problem is, Jared’s not just a pretty face and the more Jensen learns about him, the more he tries to hide about himself. Eventually, he’ll have to choose to come clean or risk losing Jared for good.
- Art: keyweegirlie
The Warmth Of Photographs by apostrophee archived @ maddys_slash (Jared/Jensen; Jared/Sandy). Word Count: 48,000 +.
- Summary: The love story of Jared and Jensen told through the discovery of photographs, love letters and a memoir. Thirteen-year-old Nathaniel Padalecki finds the shoebox, the shoebox full of old photographs and letters from his late grandfather's past. During the course of one summer Nathan and his close, special friend Wyatt learn about the secret life and subsequently the greatest love of Nathan's grandfather's life, while both boys come to terms with their own special kind of friendship.
- Art: bandwench.
we must reinvent love by _mournthewicked (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: 26,500.
- Summary: With high school graduation less than two weeks away, best friends Jared and Jensen find themselves scrambling to tie up a few loose ends before they’re forced into adulthood. Jared ropes Jensen into helping him get the alcohol for Sandy's graduation party, and what should be a simple night of partying ends up turning into a series of mishaps and misunderstandings that all come to head when Jensen finally tells Jared the secret he wasn't ever planning on spilling. If high school has to end, they're going out with a bang. (A J2 spin on the movie Superbad.)
- Art: bad_pet
The Story of How We (*really*) Met by paleogymnast (Jared/Jensen). Word count: 91,000+
- Summary: Jared and Jensen meet at a charity bachelor auction half a year before getting cast on “Supernatural.” Jensen’s hiding dark secrets and emotional scars, and attempting to recover from his troubled past, while falling head over heels for Jared. Jared wears his heart on his sleeve, but just can’t seem to understand his true feelings for his Jensen. Through many trials, tribulations, and near-catastrophes, and with the help of a very understanding Sandy, these two hesitant friends become co-stars, and ultimately, lovers, healing each other from the mistakes of their past along the way. This is the story of how Jared and Jensen *really* Met.
- Art: artistic_sillie
The worst mistake is giving up (You are part of everything) by the_milky_way (Jared/Jensen). Word Count: ~ 46.800. RPS AU.
- Summary: When Jared Padalecki returns home from college he learns that his father has decided to marry him off to the daughter of his fiercest competitor. All that to save the company and protect the family.
Although being gay, Jared agrees to his father’s plans. The severity of his decision sinks in, when he meets his lawyer, Jensen Ackles. The two are forced to work closely together to set up the pre-nuptials and go through negotiations. After a rather uncomfortable start of their business relationship, they start becoming something like friends. They grow even closer over the next weeks and months due to countless hours spent together.
It doesn’t take long for them to develop feelings for each other, but with the pending marriage always present in the back of their minds, they hold back, until one night at the Padalecki residence. That’s the turning point in their relationship, but for the negotiations as well. Misunderstandings happen, suspicion arises and Jared and Jensen have to fight for what they want.
- Art: fallen_for_lost.
Yes Sir (I Don't Mean Maybe) by hkath (Jared/Jensen). Wordcount: 23,812.
- Summary: The path to parenthood is full of complications for Jared and Jensen, who are forced to take part in a trendy parenting class to improve their chances at adoption. Can they survive encounters with obsessive tabloid reporters and nosy talk-show hosts, handle the needs of a very special robot and resist the gravitational pull of the small planet called Vin Diesel? Will they come through unscathed and unscarred on the other side of this story? Will there be schmoop?
- Art: dark_reaction
You Go To My Head by ras_elased (Jared/Jesnen). Word Count: 35,765. RPS AU.
- Summary: The year is 1938, and Jared Padalecki has just bought a small vineyard in the midst of Depression-era California. He has poured his heart and soul into working the land and creating the perfect wine, but he is still struggling to make ends meet. When he hires a drifter named Jensen to help during the summer harvest, he thinks his biggest problem is coming up with the money to pay Jensen's wage, but he soon finds himself inexplicably drawn to the mysterious man. Jensen's got street smarts and a mean right hook, but he's unprepared for the challenge of fighting off Jared's advances as well as his own simmering attraction. Jared's attention threatens to uncover the dark past Jensen left behind in Chicago, a past he's been running from, and a past that is about to catch up with them both…
- Art: peach_gurl
And Won The Soul's Rest by concernedlily (Gen). Wordcount: approx. 31,000.
- Summary: Sam of Winchester entered the Abbey five years ago. Now, his brother has come to get him out.
- glockgal (art journal glockart) and reallycorking (corkart)
Almost At Home by balefully (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 24,302.
- Summary: Sam graduates from high school in early June in rural Tennessee. He and Dean start the summer with an all-nighter of celebration; the day after, while both fight hangovers, John calls to assign them their first hunt by themselves. They go to northern Virginia to investigate the homicidal ghost of a dangerous escapee of a high-security prison and mental institution whose MO is beheading people with an axe while wearing a filthy, grotesque bunny suit. Then throughout the long, happy summer, as they move around tackling a series of minor hunts together, John's absences grow longer. Sam and Dean explore their relationship as it burgeons into something they've both been craving and which neither of them regrets.
- Art: dark_reaction
And I'll Lie In the Sound by buyo105 (Dean/Sam (as well as OMC/OMC)). Word Count: 24,180ish.
- Summary: It's Autumn, Sam and Dean are in New York to investigate mysterious drownings going on in a small town. They're both frustrated with the case and not only is it a race against the clock to figure out what's going on in the hamlet, but they also need to figure out what's going on between the two of them.
- Art: bandwench
Angel, Knightsbridge by moment_of_sen (Sam/Dean). Art only.
The Animal by star_dancer54 (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ~24,000.
- Summary: Sam regrets letting Dean pressure him into returning to Stanford more than he could ever expect. Taken by demons and scientists looking for psychics to experiment on and replaced at Stanford by a shapeshifter, he is nearly broken by torture as the scientists try to coerce him into using his visions to find more psychics. To protect those still free, he loosens the iron-clad control that has kept him from madness while he and his family fought the supernatural. When his brother's safety is threatened, he manages to find enough of himself to escape his imprisonment and find Dean. However, he soon realize that he must return to face his captors and free the other inmates. Wincest, with occasional occurrence of het and slash between people other than the Winchesters. With added hellhounds and an old school demonic force for that extra spice of hellfire.
- Art: vorpal_pen
Ashes of Another Life by lostt1 (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 45,972.
- Summary: When Sam left for Stanford, he was embarking on a grand adventure in the world of normal. Though hurt by Sam's choice to leave, Dean kept his distance, keeping an eye on his brother from afar. When their paths finally cross again, Sam has changed far more than Dean could have ever expected. It's up to Dean to figure out what happened during their years apart. Who is Sam if not a Winchester? Who has Sam become? And is there anything Dean can do to get him back?
- Art: causette
Better Elsewhere by veronamay (Sam/Dean, Dean/Cassie (non-explicit)). Word Count: 26,262.
- Summary: An alternate version of 2x20, where Sam is caught in the djinn's spell ... and things are not what you'd expect. Some things never change, though: Dean still wants to save people, Sam's still hunting things, and at the end of it all family business is the only thing that matters.
- Art: pinkfinity
Black Ships Ate the Sky by by_starkiller (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 22 012
- Summary: Dean's time is almost up and Sam is desperate to save him, desperate enough to try anything, including finding the mythical Holy Grail. But there are many obstacles in his path, such as their job, not being able to tell Dean everything that he's doing, his feelings for Dean, zombies and Lilith. With less than two weeks until Dean's deal is due, Sam does everything he can to save his brother from hell...and in the process discovers Dean feels the same way about him that he does about Dean.
- Art: marciaelena
Cast Your Soul To the Sea by slytherinblack (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 22162.
- Summary: Sam goes to sleep one night and disappears off the face of the planet for six months. When he returns, Dean's deal is almost up and they have to make the best of the time they have left.
- Art: meret
Counting Tuesdays by forestgreen (Gen). Word Count: ~ 33.500.
- Summary: As the deadline for Dean's deal approaches, Sam, desperate to free his brother from his fate, decides to rewrite history. He summons the only creature he knows who has control over time: the Trickster. This is Sam's second chance; he's determined not to repeat the same mistakes.
- Art: desertport
Credit in the Straight World by ninhursag (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 29,580.
- Summary: Sam has always had his brother, when he wanted him and when he didn't. But that was before he was the lucky recipient of a gift from faerie that Dean can't remember and John can't forget. It leaves Sam to find his own way to navigate between the 'real' world and the Winchester world and deal with guilt he can't shake, no matter how hard he tries. And trying? Is going to involve plenty of sex, rebellion (and maybe some of Dean's rock and roll. But not much).
- Art: dreamlittleyo
Crown and Anchor Me (or let me sail away) by sneaky_sena (Sam/Dean, Sam/OMC). Word Count: 23,500.
- Summary: Sam Winchester is fifteen years old, at yet another new high school in yet another state, he doesn't get along with his distant, distracted father, he's figuring out that he likes guys just as much as he likes girls, his clothes never fit and his limbs ache at the joint ever since his growth spurt started, he has to study for the PSAT and, oh yeah, he's a little bit in love with his brother, Dean, who's taken a break from hunting monsters to work at a local garage for minimum wage.
- Art: red_handed
Debts and Promises by annkiri (Sam/Dean). Word count: 29,000.
- Summary: While having to help a high school classmate with an angry spirit, the situation takes an unexpected turn and ten years later Sam and Dean are still dealing with the consequences.
The Depths Of Your Mind by legoline (Gen). Word Count: ~30,000.
- Summary. Sam watched his only brother die and fall into Hell. Even though he managed to save Dean from Hell, Sam still hasn't been able to forgive himself for the nightmare he put his brother through. Now, when Dean is abducted and returns with new abilities that threaten to kill him once more, Sam learns that his powers he thought died with the demon may be the only thing to save Dean.
- Art: ashlan
- Summary: How far would you go to reclaim the other half of your soul? (graphic violence, character death (no, not the boys), forced prostitution, incest (see pairings))
- Art: yume_odori
Fifty Percent by gwendolyngrace (John/OFC). Word Count: 46,450
- Summary: While cleaning out John’s storage locker, Sam finds an envelope from his father addressed to someone from their past. Dean objects to delivering it, but Sam happens upon a hunt that takes them practically to her doorstep. Could they be demons released when the Gate opened? In 1989, shortly after the shtriga hunt, the Winchesters settle in small-town Ohio while John figures out whether or not he can keep hunting. Beverly Kirkland, the children’s librarian, meets the boys and their father. After a chance encounter with John, she reluctantly grows closer to him, all the while wondering what it is about the family that doesn’t quite add up….
- Art: sazzlette
Finding Home by Jassy (AU pre-Wincest).
- Summary: At 18, sometimes Sam's plans don't go quite as they should. On his way to a college that he doesn't really want to attend, he meets a witch with unusual ideas about how to help.
- Art: dreamlittleyo
Fire or Fire by lemmealone (Gen). Word Count: 21,190.
- Summary: It took less than an hour in Hell to send Dean mad. Sam doesn't remember what he did to bring his brother back, and in Oklahoma six months later people are burning alive.
- Art: tripoli8
The Flames Consume From Within by thelonejuliet (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 34,481.
- Summary: AU, Dean Winchester has his life figured out...or at least he thought he did. When rookie firefighter Sam Wells arrives and turns his life inside out, the world he carefully constructed around himself goes down in flames.
- Art: jazalove
Full Tilt Boogie by hansbekhart & essenceofmeanin (Sam/Dean, Michael/Dean, Sam/Michael, Sam/Dean/Michael, Sam/OC). Word Count: ?
- Summary: There are only two kinds of secrets: the ones you keep, and the ones you shouldn't have at all. When Sam and Dean take Michel on his first hunt (that doesn't involve a shtriga), they end up on the psychedelic dance floor of a long-vanished motel where disco never died and no one is quite who they appear to be. What was supposed to be an easy salt and burn descends rapidly into a morass of temptation and gold lame, bell bottoms and lies. No one gets to choose what secrets stay buried. Unless they don't mind checking in ... forever.
Gravity Sings by parenthetical and zooey_glass04 (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 28,961.
- Summary: A string of apparent suicides turns into something more sinister when Sam and Dean uncover an apparent connection to their family. As they work to find a solution to the case, they begin to wonder whether they are the targets - or the cause.
- Art: gottalovev
Hangman Is Coming Down From the Gallows by withdiamonds (Sam/Dean). Word count: 28,300.
- Summary: Today is the last day of Dean Winchester’s life. Today is the last day of Dean Winchester’s life. Today is the last day…
- Art: milenaa
Hey, it could happen by sweetgirl7808 (Sam/Dean). Art only. Story by causeways and theoret was never posted.
- SUMMARY: This is the story of how unicorns (to be exactly, they are goats with horns) saved Sam and Dean. It's a little embarrassing. Dean would like to make very clear that he has absolutely not befriended the unicorns. Also, he totally doesn't have a thing for his brother.
I Found My Brother And I Found All Three by Ghausia (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ?
- Summary Dean made a mistake manys ago, a mistake he tried so hard to bury, one that drove Sam to abandon the people he loved most. Now, the demon knows their secret, and he uses it to warp Sam, leaving Dean to deal with the aftermaths. There was a time Dean Winchester would have done anything for the family he's running from. Anything.
- Art: yanjara
Imagine the Houses by elohvee (Sam/Jess, Sam/Dean, Dean/Jess, Dean/OFCs). Word Count: 39,811. AU.
- Summary: Golden Gate goes down on a Tuesday. On Friday, the Tower of Pisa topples over backwards. The Sydney Opera House shatters. In Cawker City, Kansas, the world's largest ball of twine kills four people. There are no horsemen, just an apocalypse: and once the storm blows over, the survivors must find a way to reconnect over what has been left behind.
- Art: marciaelena
in disguises no one knows by ignited & regala_electra (Sam/Dean, minor Dean/OMC and Dean/OFC). Word Count: ~40,000 words. Genderswap.
- Summary: They are sisters, they have always been sisters. Only that was then and this is now. Sam and Dean Winchester wake up on an empty stretch of road, with their memories altered and a new problem: they're in male bodies. As Sam struggles post-Mystery Spot with the terror of losing Dean and time winding down, they have to find out how to undo this mess and how to keep their splintering memories intact. Oh and Dean? Kind of loves having a cock. However poor Sam is a lesbian trapped in a man's body and seems to be having some strange urges for her transformed sister. Who seems to fully embrace being a man, possibly permanently. To top it all off, they’re dealing with forces that a little holy water and a lot of rocksalt can’t get rid of, forces that could fuck with their heads as easily as their bodies.
- Art: vorpal_pen
In Mirrors of the Old World by liath (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ~27,500.
- Summary: Dean has two months to live, and to Sam it feels like they're still traveling dusty back roads even when they're in the midst of New York City. They've come to investigate a string of brutal and unexplained murders, and what they find will lead them to killers they've never before encountered, that it seems no one has ever seen before. After Sam almost loses Dean to a vicious attack in the city streets, he uncovers something that may give them more time, or even save his life.
- Art: stardael
Infrangible Road by Dayspring (Gen). Word Count: ~48,500.
- Summary: infrangible \in-FRAN-juh-bul\ adjective -- not capable of being broken. Although the scenery changes, the path winds onward--and detours always lead back to the main road. A Supernatural Gen AU in which John raises his sons in Lawrence.
- Art: 22by7
The Leap Home by pheebs1 (Gen). Word Count: 23, 884.
- Summary: Multi Outside POV. Dean is back from hell but his soul won’t stay put. It starts leaping out of his body and into other people. How can Sam save Dean, and keep him in his body?
- Art: dreamlittleyo
A Look From You and I Would Fall From Grace by nu_breed (Sam/Dean, Sam/OFC, Sam/OMC). Word Count: 26,380.
- Summary: Tuesday in Broward County sucked beyond the telling of it, but Wednesday is a thousand times worse and Sam isn't waking up to find his brother alive, not this time. The Trickster's out there, and there are people who need him, but Sam's hell-bent on a path of self-destruction and desperate to hold onto Dean in every way he possibly can. Even if it means sacrificing himself in the process.
- Art: wordplay__
Never Let You Go by gestaltrose aka chaosrosa (Sam/Dean). Word count: 23,600.
- Summary: There are tattoos, and people only Sam can see, trouble, and sex. The Fae and the World Tree… is nothing safe? Can Sam and Dean save the world and themselves at the same time? Maybe.
- Art: __hibiscus
Now We Are Come to Our Kingdom by cormallen (Sam/Dean, slight Dean/OMC). Word Count: 51,313.
- Summary: It's been months since Dean sold his soul, and Sam's run himself ragged trying to find a way out, Chinatown to "Amber Moon", South Dakota to Connecticut. So far he's got nothing to show for it but some cryptic words – "You've got the 'what' and the 'where' and the 'when', and you think you're missing the 'how'. You aren't, of course, only you haven't figured that out yet." There's a possessed girl following him around, Dean's trying his hardest to drive Sam insane with jealousy, and the visions that were supposed to stop when Azazel died still wake him night after night after night.
- Art: thenyxie
On the banks of the Wabash, far away by hardlygolden (Gen). Word count: 22,000.
- Summary: pre-series, January 1994. The Jones family have moved to Huntington, Indiana, right in time for the coldest winter on record. John Jones and his two boys are settling into town just fine. On the surface, they seem like just another picture-perfect family. But nothing’s perfect, and they’re not just another family – they’re the Winchesters – so of course it’s not as simple as that.
- Art: celtic_cookie
Ouroboros by thenyxie (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 59,940.
- Summary: Sammy died when Dean was nine. Sixteen years later, he's the last Winchester alive, and hunting a man who's supposed to be the Antichrist. But when he meets Sam Harrison face to face, he can't pull the trigger. They go on the run from the other hunters together, discover a bond they can't quite explain, become a team and more. By the time all the secrets between them are revealed, it's too late to go back, and the Antichrist has risen. The world is ending and Dean's the only one who can stop it--if he's willing to give up everything he never thought he'd have.
- Art: yanjara
Phantom Load by lovesrain44 (Gen). Word Count: 54,000.
- Summary: Dean and Sam return to Boulder, CO, where they investigate a haunted school. The job seems simple enough to Sam, who has good, although vague, memories of living in Boulder back in 1992, when John Winchester rented a single-wide trailer, and the boys were able to walk home from school together. Dean, however, has altogether different memories, far less pleasant and far more damaging. It's during the investigation that Sam discovers the secret that Dean doesn't realize he's been hiding. (Takes place roughly halfway through S2, with no specific ep references.)
- Art: xterm
The Pomegranate King by Taliosi_X (Sam/Dean). Art.
Postcards (From Easy Street) by clex_monkie89 (Sam/Jess, Sam/Dean). Wordcount: 43,200. SPN AU.
- Summary: She's his baby brother's new girlfriend. He's some stranger who knows more about her boyfriend than she does. Together they fight crime have sex talk on the phone a lot. (Oh, and also there's some guy named Sam who keeps getting his ass kicked and has a run-in with some incubi-infected frat guys.)
- Art: mashimero
Receiver by dotfic (Gen). Word Count: 21,700.
- Summary: "When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45...I was nine years old." In the wake of the events of "Fresh Blood," Sam and Dean find a hunt: a family whose youngest child has a monster in his closet. The Winchesters know exactly how to deal with monsters, but this hunt is a little too familiar. Sam starts to unravel while Dean's show falters.
- Art: dun
Revelations by marinarusalka (Gen). Word count: 24,233.
- Summary: AU. Veteran FBI agent Victor Henriksen isn't at all happy when a rookie ATF agent horns in on his investigation of a possible serial arsonist. Still, Agent Winchester's forensics expertise does come in useful. But as the clues and the bodies pile up, Victor begins to suspect that his new partner knows more than he's telling about the case.
- Art: ileliberte
Set Out For Ithaka by sumthinlikhuman (Sam/Dean, with Deacon/Mary and Mary/Ellen). Word Count: 28,112~
- Summary: With six months left before Dean's time runs out, Sam tries one last ditch effort: an old spell out of old book with a definitive warning of "Only use in cases of dire need." This counts right? So, with Texas around them, they travel back in time in hopes of fixing the whole shebang--only problem now is their distant, worried Hunter mother and the constant rift between them that comes to a head when Sam is fourteen years old, leading to eight years seperation, and a final meeting between the brothers when Sam realizes that something is very wrong with their world.
- Art: angstpuppy
Something Golden (Conversations from the End) by albeitslowly (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ~43,000.
- Summary: In the end, Dean and Sam take on Hell together, and when it falls, they climb out together, worse for wear, but whole, which is more than can be said for the rest of the world. The landscape's marred, sepia-toned with black clouds above, no sun, no moon, winter, or spring, just the endless road and red-lightning overhead. But it's all theirs. Months of driving, dodging the daily bouts of acid rain and eating out of cans and convenience stores, and Sam's ready for more. He's just not sure what more is until Dean stops breathing on the floor of a motel room in Texas. The world they can lose, but never each other. If Dean can handle a Sam that wants to hold tight when no one's dying and there's nowhere to go, then Sam can deal with a Dean who paints rainbows in a sky with no sun. And maybe what's gold will stay this time around.
- Art: bittersweet_art
Steam by bellatemple (Gen). Word Count: ~30,000. Post-apocalyptic AU.
- Summary: Dean was supposed to get a year, and then go to Hell. Instead, as far as he was concerned, he got most of a year, and then Hell came to him.
- Art: mithborien
Sub Rosa by malcolm_stjay (Sam/Dean, and Beauty/Beast). Word Count: ~21,000.
- Summary: A retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Winchester-style.
- Art: dreamlittleyo
The Syncretist by newredshoes (Gen, Features Cassie/Dean). Word Count: 27,000.
- Summary: Pre-series. John and Dean are perfectly capable of carrying on with their lives. Syncretism is the attempt to reconcile disparate or contradictory beliefs, often with only partial success.
- Art: slodwick
The Taming of the You-Know-Who by innie_darling (Gen, with offscreen Dean/OFCs). Word Count: 24,801.
- Summary: Dean talks John into staying put for all of Sam's freshman year of high school, and Sam is thrilled that he can make friends and have them over, that he can act like any other kid his age. But when Sam develops a crush on a girl, John lays down the law - Sam can't have a girlfriend until Dean settles down with just one girl too - and that means Sam won't rest until he's come up with the perfect plot.
- Art: keyweegirlie
The Telegram by aeroport_art (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 40,000
- Summary: One windy day, Samuel Winchester, accomplished lawyer and well-to-do man of Society, inherits an unlikely article after the inexplicable death of a stranger. With it, he falls into an intricate web surrounding his mother's age-old murder, and all the while, a mysterious man with sharp green eyes (and a sharper blade, yet) dogs him, trailing crumbs of information that do little to satisfy young Mr. Winchester. Debutantes, horse-buggys, and good old-fashioned balls appear alongside demons, ruffians, and the darker underbelly of turn-of-the-century San Francisco.
- Art: leyna55
Ten in One by smilla02 (Gen). Word Count: 36,000.
- Summary: A hiker's body is found mauled in the Oregon woods. While investigating, Sam and Dean stumble onto an itinerant sideshow, whose members are the primary target of the same creature killing across the American west. The case alone would be difficult enough, even if Sam and Dean didn't have to deal with the strained consequences of a trip to Hell and back.
- Art: alchemise
The Thin Ice by buffyaddict13 (Gen). Word Count: 27,000.
- Summary: An average hunt turns deadly when a mysterious hunter kidnaps Sam and Dean, determined to exorcise a demon from Sam in order to "save" him. Sam and Dean insist Sam's not possessed but Libby doesn't believe them, and with good reason. Libby has proof Sam Winchester's a killer and she's not going to let him go.
Those who appear smaller from a distance by ihearthings_ii (Sam/Dean). Word Count: Around 23,000
- Summary: Sam goes to hell so Dean doesn't have to, but there is no fucking way Dean Winchester is going to let the little shit brood in hell for all eternity, and leave him all by himself topside. He goes through hell (literally) to pull him out, with the aid of his dad, Bobby and his rugged good looks. Sam is Eurydice or maybe Persephone (see? totally the girl) and Dean is Orpheus (except not a dick) or maybe Dante, or maybe he's just plain awesome.
- Art: grayscaled
Twin Flames by titti (Sam/Dean with a side of Sam/Ruby). Word Count: 22,518.
- Summary: Sam had never thought about soul binding as a way to save Dean, but once he does, he needs the help of a few people. Bobby and Ruby provide the spells, and even Bela is enlisted to help when stealing a statue needed for the ritual. However, if he thought that was the hard part, he was wrong. Living with the consequences means that Dean finds out that he's fucking Ruby, sharing his every feeling with his brother and finally learning that what he always wanted was Dean. When things finally seemed clear, we finally find out Ruby's agenda was to get them together all along since they are twin flames.
- Art: loverstar
The Wandering Kind by sweetestdrain (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ~25,000. SPN AU.
- Summary: John Winchester dies on a sunny day, and a grief-stricken Dean, his last surviving son, faces the prospect of traveling the roads -- and life -- alone. But luck changes; desperate for company, Dean meets mysterious hitchhiker Sam Harvelle and agrees to give him a ride to California. Their twisting route takes them from backwater record stores to living puppet shows, mildewed motel rooms to demonic suburban homes, and as the two men struggle with their growing attraction, they find that secrets abound and signs and portents lie hidden around every corner. Only one thing is for certain: Dean Winchester trusts Sam Harvelle with his life. But he has no idea why. Warnings for abuse of fairytales and a case of accidental incest.
- Art: guard_the_cards
"Wayward Son" by violettestars (Dean/OFC). Word Count: 54,481.
- Summary: Two brothers, one destiny or so they thought. Choices are made taking the brothers on different paths. One wants a normal life and the other wants to continue in the family business. It didnt seem to mean much at the time. At first, it was just little arguments here and there between Dean and Sam. Dean thought it was no big deal. He thought in time Sam would realize that Dean had to protect Lexi.
- Art: bandwench
We Know Each Other As We Always Were by mickeym (Sam/Dean). Wordcount: ~45,000.
- Summary: in 1941, while the world is at war, Sam Winchester falls in love with his brother. They're young, they're in love, and in spite of the hardships of life around them, the world is a pretty good one for them. Until Dec. 7th, 1941, when Japan launches an air attack on Pearl Harbor, sending the US to war against Japan. Dean Winchester feels he needs to join the Army; needs to help fight the good fight and help save lives. He promises he'll return, but can he keep that promise? (Underage, Sam is 15.)
- Art: mkitty3
weathercock snowfall (starlight cockcrow) by kroki_refur (Gen). Word Count: ~27,000 words.
- Summary: Dean's got three weeks to live, and Sam's acting like a freakin asshole. And hey, it's not like that's never happened before, but this is a little too much like history repeating for Dean's liking.
- Art: extraonions
What Remains by walkawayslowly (Sam/Dean).
- Summary: In Jefferson, Texas a man ends a generations-old curse and saves all the town's children, but completely loses his memory in the process. When it's discovered that he's a wanted criminal, the town comes together to conceal him out of gratitude for what he's done for them, giving him an apartment, a job and a whole new life. It takes seven months for Sam to find Dean, and when he finally does, he has to adapt to being around a man who has no idea that he used to be Sam's brother.
- Art: yuanhua
When Push Comes To Shove by topaz119 (Sam/Dean, some minor Dean/OFC, Sam/Dean/OFC). Word Count: ~26,000 words.
- Summary: They're Winchesters--they're good at making sure that not dealing with things doesn't slow them down, and mostly, just doing the job is enough to let them not think about a lot of stuff. But some jobs are worse than others, and even a little time off isn't going to fix things after you let them go long enough
The Year of Letting Go by runedgirl aka Lynsey (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 37,500.
- Summary: A hunt gone wrong leaves Dean Winchester barely alive, and helpless for the first time in his life. Can Dean let go of his need to be the big brother and let Sam help him heal, or will the complicated feelings both brothers have been hiding from each other pull them further apart than ever? As Dean’s deal comes due, both Sam and Dean will have to let go of their fears, or face losing each other forever.
- Art: sillie82
You're My Family by krazykipper (Sam/Dean). Word Count: 20,810.
- Summary: Dean stood and then rubbed a hand over the back of his neck, "This is what you think? Listen carefully Sam, you see this?" He held up his arm and showed his tattoo, "you know what this means? It means that John bought me. You probably have the paperwork to prove it somewhere. But John found me, he was good to me, and I see proof everyday of how much worse it could have been, all right?" (Slave!fic, mentions of previous abuse. AU.)
- Art: lapillus
You Take It With You by lazy_daze (Sam/Dean). Word Count: ~30,000.
- Summary: Sam saves the world, and he brings Dean back from a month in Hell, but that's when things start to get complicated. Dean's cheated death before, but this time, it's different – Dean's spirit is unable to re-enter his body. Can Sam and Bobby work out how to reunite Dean's body and spirit? And how will Dean cope if they can't? From hunts in the Chicago lakes to visits to the Grand Canyon, with dreams, handjobs and hookers along the way, Sam and Dean ride it out and learn all over again how to live this life and live it together.
- Art: meret