Rose Marie Badgett
|Name:||Rose Marie Badgett|
|Also Known As:||Rose Badgett, Rosie Badgett, Rose M. Badgett, Rosie Marie Badgett|
|Works:||Space: 1999, Mission: Impossible, Beauty and the Beast|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Rose Marie Badgett is a fan author and artist whose works have appeared in a number of zines and publications from the 1970s to present.
She also served as a fan club president and con chair of several conventions.
Many of Badgett's works are centered on Barbara Bain and Martin Landau, whether it is in Space: 1999, Mission: Impossible, Savage, or Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island (commonly referred to as "J.J. and Olga" stories).
However, she has also written for other fandoms as well, including Beauty and the Beast.
Fan Club President
She served as President of the International Space: 1999 Alliance, the largest and longest-lived Space: 1999 fan association, from 1985 to 1993. The Alliance was a Space: 1999 fan club that sponsored letter campaigns, published the newsletter Main Computer, held numerous fan-run conventions, and worked to support "all Gerry Anderson productions."
Badgett chaired several successful Space: 1999 conventions, each raising funds for a charitable cause:
- Chair of SpaceCon VI, Cincinatti, Ohio, July 15-17, 1983
- Chair of SpaceCon VIII, Los Angeles, California, July 18-20, 1986
- Co-Chair of SpaceCon XII, Portland, Oregon, September 13-14, 1997
- Chair of Breakaway: The Convention, Culver City, California, September 10-13, 1999
- Chair of Alpha: 2012, Burbank, California, September 14-16, 2012
- An Act of Jealousy, a gen Space: 1999 novel
- A Space: 1999 Trilogy, a 100-page gen Space: 1999 collection of three interwoven stories by Rosie Badgett and [[Paul Bens]], illustrated by Badgett and published in 1979
Zine Cover Art, Blutsauger
Cover Art, Peripatetic
Interior Art, Reconnaissance Quarterly
Interior Art, Beating the Odds