|Pairing:||Lance McClain/Keith Kogane|
|Alternative name(s):||Klance, Laith|
|Gender category:||Slash, M/M|
|Fandom:||Voltron, Voltron: Legendary Defender|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Keith and Lance have a light-hearted rival relationship with a lot of teasing and light banter. There is a lot of banter, ridicule and jockeying to see who is better.
Lance McClain and Keith Kogane start out as "rivals" in the pilot episode, although Keith doesn't remember Lance from when they went to the Galaxy Garrison together. They meet while rescuing Shiro, and when Keith leads the team to a cave in the desert, the Blue Lion reacts to Lance's quintessence, revealing itself.
Keith and Lance have a rocky relationship in the first season, but there are moments where their growing camaraderie shine, such as in S1E4 when Lance helps save the castle and remarks, "We do make a good team," a comment at which Keith smiles. Keith is also concerned for Lance as he waits for the injured Lance to emerge from a healing pod.
Despite their arguing, the two work well as a team and can acknowledge when the other has a good idea. This is especially apparent in season three when Keith takes over as pilot of the Black Lion. He acknowledges his own shortcomings as a leader, and listens to Lance's ideas on how to escape Lotor at Thaseryix.
Klance is the dominant pairing in this fandom.
(Not to be confused with The Klible, a shipping manifesto by smugkeith.)
Many fans headcanon that Lance is bisexual and Keith is gay, but neither characters sexuality has been confirmed as such.
- The Message by shipstiel. A texting AU.
- your claws in me by burlesquecomposer. Canon compliant with S1; Lance is corrupted.
- On Thin Ice by Minadora. A figure skating and hockey AU.
- just come to me once by laallomri. A post-S6 road trip.
- Foreign Scenes by bwyn. A modern college/university travel AU.
- Call me, beep me by safra. A Modern AU Text fic which is the most kudosed work in the VLD, M/M, and General Audiences, Modern AU, and Texting tags on AO3.
- Entangled by Purpleneutrino (mackerelmademedoit), When Keith found himself mentally linked to Lance of all people, he never thought that it would end in anything but irritation and misery on both sides. He certainly never imagined that it would be a useful asset in team Voltron's fight against the Galra Empire. Now if he can just keep his feelings in check, they might actually have a chance at defeating Zarkon.
- Snowstorms, Scotch, and Sandwiches by libertarian_firelord
- i like you a latte by WynterArlene
- Marked Petals by Greyisles
- klance » into you
- ɴᴇᴡ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴ - ᴋʟᴀɴᴄᴇ
- VOLTRON S2 CRACK | SPACEDAD | (Spoilers!)
- ＴＯＯＴＨＢＲＵＳＨ || Klance MEP ❤
- klance is going to be canon, you can fight me on this & i'll win, Archived version by smugkeith
- Lance moving on from Blue to pilot Red is blatant foreshadowing for Lance’s love-interest trajectory, and heres why: by teladuv, November 2017.
- Klance & The “Meet Cute” by kalinspace, October 2018.
- May I offer you a Klance meta in these trying times? (SPOILERS for S8) by lavender-letterbox, December 2018.
- Klance animation by cubisticking on Tumblr
- Accidental kiss by viiperfish on Tumblr
- Klance coffeeshop au by nabaris
- A Year of Klance
- Bonding Moments
- First 50 Dates
- Tied To You
- Intertwined Galaxies
- Space Ranger Partners
- Full Speed Ahead
- Bonding (Voltron zine)
- Beginnings (Voltron zine)
- Supernova (Voltron zine)
- Retrospect: A Vintage Klance Zine
Links & Resources
- Found via the tag search and sorting January 2019.