|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Gilmore Girls began airing on the WB in 2000. With Chad Michael Murray and Jared Padalecki both having starred in it - (Murray leaving in 2001 for a role on the WB's Dawson's Creek) - it is tangentially related to CW RPS fandom. Adam Brody also guest starred for a time, leaving toward the end of season three to "go to college in California".
A revival four-episode miniseries was released to Netflix in November 2016.
The show focuses on the lives of Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter, Rory Gilmore. Lorelai, who became pregnant at 16, rebelled against her controlling parents and left home to raise her daughter on her own. 16-year-old Rory and 32-year-old Lorelai live in the quaint town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut, and the town's residents, along with Lorelai's parents (Richard and Emily), make up the supporting cast. The show lasted for 7 seasons, the last of which was produced without its creator.
Gilmore Girls Fandom
Fanfiction in this fandom leans heavily toward het and gen. Rory/Paris has a small subfandom. Overall, this fandom is quite small, but still has produced a few popular unconventional ships, such as Lorelai/Dean.
- Boston Marriage by Jae for the Femslash '05 Ficathon. Rory/Paris. "A Boston marriage," Paris said. "A passionate friendship between equals. A mutual relationship of love and support. A primary emotional attachment and outlet between two women. Forsaking all others. You and me. Till death, blah blah blah --"
- mcbangle's statistical analyses of Gilmore Girls works on Archive of Our Own: Gilmore Girls AO3 Stats, Gilmore Ships on AO3, Gilmore Girls Warnings and Tags, Gilmore Girls Time Trends on AO3, & Smuttiest Gilmore Girls Pairing and Character on AO3 (September 2016)
- Response to: "I simply MUST hear of all the manifest failures of Gilmore Girls.", Archived version by catefrankie.
Character or Pairing Specific
- Hooked on Phonics- The Jess/Rory Relationship, Archived version and 'Bench Sitting, Shoe Staring': The Jess/Rory Relationship, Part 2 ship manifestos by aragons.
- adultgilmoregirlsfic archive link "This group is for fanfic based on the television show Gilmore Girls. All fic is welcome, G-NC17."
Archives and Communities
- Black & White & Read
- Gilmore Girls on Fanfiction.net
- Gilmore Girls Fanfiction Archive (defunct)
- The Chilton Library