|Fandom:||Star Trek: The Original Series|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fans of this pairing sometimes half-jokingly say that them kissing in the episode What Are Little Girls Made Of was the "first interracial kiss in the TV history" rather than Kirk/Uhura kiss in Plato's Stepchildren.
Kismet by Dani Morin in Obsc'zine #2 is a story some fans consider one of the very earliest examples of femslash in a media zine. In "Kismet", Uhura and Chapel, lovers, speculate on the gossip that Kirk and Spock are, too. Obsc'zine #2 was published in August 1977.
Another early Uhura/Chapel story is A Time Out Of Fragment by Paula Smith, a short non-explicit parody of the famous A Fragment Out of Time. It describes Chapel waiting for a mysterious lover and ends with the lines: "The door glided open; Christine's heart sped. She could never mistake that body; it was her love. The slender form approached as Christine reached out for the dusky hands and said lovingly, 'Uhura.'" It was published in Warped Space #20 in October 1976.
- Ship's Night by lynndyre
- So This is Love lost_in_thyme_and_spacebars
- Thrice a First Time by DanOfVulcan
- Kismet by Dani Morin
- Just a Little Comfort by unspecified author in Sappho
- TFW your shifts don’t overlap so you gotta get smooches from your wife on the fly! :/, Archived version by deheerkonijn
- Space Gal Pals™, Archived version by janedesarts
- Spreading some Uhura and Chapel love :3, Archived version by thegriffindiary
- garish set design and christine chapel in actual nursing shoes, Archived version by pencilscratchins