Timeline of The X-Files Fandom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dates:||1993 - present|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The X-Files is an American science fiction/fantasy television series and franchise.
- September 10: The X-Files Season 1 premieres
- December: alt.tv.x-files is created
- ?: alt.tv.x-files.creative is created
- September 26: The X-Files Season 2 begins
- ?: The Gossamer Project X-Files fan fiction archive launches
- June 2: the X-Files Expo, first official X-File convention happens in Seattle, Washington. Star guests include Chris Carter, Tom Braidwood, Doug Hutchison as well as Erika & Sabrina Krievins
- September 22: The X-Files Season 3 begins
- ?: Gillian Anderson Promotion Tour through Australia in shopping malls in Melbourne and Sidney. Around 12,000 fans showed up.
- October 4: The X-Files Season 4 begins
- January 17: The X-Files wins Best Drama Series at the 54th Golden Globe Awards
- March: alt.binaries.x-files is created
- March: alt.tv.x-ville is created
- September 14: Gillian Anderson is the youngest actress - at age 29 (1997) - to winning a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series since Lindsay Wagner won at age 28 (1977)
- November 2: The X-Files Season 5 begins
- June: alt.tv.x-files.analysis is created
- June 19: The X-Files - Fight The Future, the first film, is released
- November 8: The X-Files Season 6 begins
- ?: the Ephemeral X-Files fan fiction archive launches
- November 7: The X-Files Season 7 begins
- November 5: The X-Files Season 8 begins
- November 11: The X-Files Season 9 begins
- May 19: the last episode of the original series, 9ABX19/20 The Truth airs
- March 14: The X-Files: Resist or Serve is released
- October 3: XFilesNews is launched. X-Philes with contacts to FOX in LA report that the second X-Files movie has been given the green lighted
- December 10: The principal shooting of second X-Files movie The X-Files - I Want to Believe starts in Vancouver, Canada
- February 23: Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson attend the Wondercon at the San Francisco Bay Area in California during a shooting break if IWTB
- July 24: The X-Files: I Want to Believe, the second film, is released
- November 18: Frankenbear is "born"
- ?: the first Global Fanderson Marathon is held
- January 25: Longtime X-Files director and producer Kim Manners dies. Fans create LAX-Files to raise money for charity
- July 14: the first part of the six part comic book series THE X-FILES / 30 Days of Night is released
- December 7: the fan-created book LAX-Files is released
- October 13: Carterfox is "born"
- July 18: The X-Files 20th Anniversary Reunion Panel at the San Diego Comic Con. Moderated by Michael Schneider. Attendees: Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, Vince Gilligan, Howard Gordon, Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan, James Wong, David Amann, John Shiban and a short cameo by his son Jerry Shiban (who played William Scully in one episode
- May 12: Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny (supported by Madelaine Martin) sing "Helpless" and "Thank You" as part of the Encore of his concert at The Cutting Room in NYC and kiss on stage twice. A media frenzy follows.
- January 24: The X-Files Season 10, The X-Files Event Series, begins.
- May 20 : William the Rabbit is '"born"
- ?: the X-Files fan fiction search engine Liminal launches
- January 3: The X-Files Season 11 begins
- January 24: XFilesNews closes
- Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny kissed—twice—on stage, because they’re evil by Kayla Kumari Upadhyaya, 5/13/15 on theavclub.com
- ThanXs for the MemoriesKeva Andersen & XFN Staff, January 24, 2019